PDA

View Full Version : Can i stay in HK for 3 days b4 i go to UK?

haiku
2nd March 2009, 08:03
Thanks to everyone, I'm done with the visa. and will sort out my CFO this week. :BouncyHappy:
Next step is yo get my ticket for the April flight. :BouncyHappy:

BUT, i would like to stay in HK for 2 or 3 days b4 i go to UK. My sister is working in UK and I'd like to meet her b4 i go. I asked the visa section in manila and they've told me it won't pose any problem in UK immigration. But i'd still want to be sure, as my travel agent has told me that Cathay will not allow it. So he'll look into another airline so I can stay in HK.

Has anyone been into the same predicament? Should i just abort my planned stay in HK? Honestly, I'd really want to. And hubby was even d one who suggested I do so. PLease advise.

thanks!

darren-b
2nd March 2009, 08:33
As far as I know Phillippines passport holders can visit hong kong for a short period (21 days max) without a visa.

I can't see why cathay wouldn't allow it so long as you book a multi-leg or two separate flights (two separate may be cheaper and wouldn't have to be with the same airline).

Ady
2nd March 2009, 08:36
I don't think it would be a problem.

You are allowed to stay in HK for 21 days, but must have an onward or return ticket. You satisfy that, so enjoy your trip. HK is really a great place, make sure you see some of the sights there!

sheila_ADY
2nd March 2009, 08:48
No problem staying in HK for 2 to 3 days.But your problem now is your Airline tickets. Yes Cathay will not allow you..i mean they offer us Connecting flight in a right price. So Mla to HK..HK to UK. So if u want to get a ticket mla HK only then it is ok. BUt the problem now is HK to UK. It is very expensive.Triple your fare. Hope you get what i mean. Good Luck

haiku
2nd March 2009, 09:12
So if I stay in HK for few days .. it won't affect my entry in UK? I won't have a problem with the immigration counter in Heathrow?

Sorry... just don't want to face any problem when I meet my hubby.

walesrob
2nd March 2009, 09:40
I don't think it would be a problem.

You are allowed to stay in HK for 21 days, but must have an onward or return ticket. You satisfy that, so enjoy your trip. HK is really a great place, make sure you see some of the sights there!

I thought it was 14 days?

gemini63
2nd March 2009, 09:45
So if I stay in HK for few days .. it won't affect my entry in UK? I won't have a problem with the immigration counter in Heathrow?

Hi, theres no problem if u will pass by HK and stay for a few days,coz usually immigration stamps 14 days for us filipinos to stay there without visa. Better to get cebu pacific going to HK more cheaper, and you will not cause a problem to you even u stay for how many days coz its not connecting flights.Then from hongkong, get either BRitish airways, Air new zealand or virgin atlantic which thru my experience cost more cheaper on that route.You can book flight urself on line w/ that airlines, just look or log in to their respective website using Hongkong site. Or even your hubby can book for you as long as he will use hongkong site and paying his credit card.

walesrob
2nd March 2009, 09:45

No, you will be fine, as long as you can show you have made onward travel arrangements to the UK.

When Elsa got her UK Visa in 2005, she flew Cathay Pacific to HK, then I met her there and booked her and myself back to Heathrow with BA with a local travel agent in Sheung Wan.

alicat
2nd March 2009, 09:57
you are allowed to stay in hk for 14 days..we just been there last mounth.
i used cebu pacific to hk,and then stay there for 3 days..then from hk we used
british airlines which tru my experience is a good price..
i dont encounter any problem at all.

Ady
2nd March 2009, 10:19
Sorry, you are right it is 14 days.