PDA

View Full Version : NVQ Applicants waiting time

dyannesky
4th March 2009, 10:41
Brace yourself, the british embassy called me 2day, since I was asking for the time frame as to when will be the results will come out. I lodged my docs last dec 22, 2008 and that is exactly 8 weeks ago, and since my sponsors need to renew the business permits, I was asking them if there is a way they could provide me a letter to attest that the said docs is on their hand, they did not reply to me by email but instead called.
Sadly, they are still processing papers from last week of november 2008, which means I may have to wait for another month or so....another month of sleepless nights and waiting
Haist..Just a heads up to all NVQ student visa applicants.

Goodluck

:NoNo:

Gideon
4th March 2009, 21:12
Hi! I am new to the idea of applying for a student visa to get in UK. I was told that you can work while studying and you can work up to more than 48hrs a week. If you're going to get in is a job guranteed 100% to be available? And if youre going to be emplyed, I was told that you can earn up to 160k/month is that true? An agency is offering me P50k for consultation and assistance in applying for the student visa, is this worth it if I'll pay? pls help, im really lost at this.....

Gideon
4th March 2009, 21:13
Congrats pala! hehehe!!! malapit ka na pla majudge. Good Luck and God Bless! If that's for you God will provide and guide the consul and provide you with a visa. hehe!

joebloggs
4th March 2009, 21:30
I was told that you can work while studying and you can work up to more than 48hrs a week.

on a student visa, you can only work 20hrs a week term time, and now you will have to spend half your time in a class room if your doing an NVQ, and if you get caught working more than 20hrs a week, you will probably be banned from coming back to the uk for x number of years.

a warning here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7923356.stm

Jay&Zobel
4th March 2009, 22:50
An agency is offering me P50k for consultation and assistance in applying for the student visa, is this worth it if I'll pay? pls help, im really lost at this.....

This is our joyful-NOT experience using an agency!
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=13783&highlight=cathy

PLEASE, DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THEM! THEY WILL JUST RIP YOUR POCKETS OFF!

If you really want to come here, do a lot of research. Do not use agencies.

Read Read Read Read

Jay&Zobel
4th March 2009, 22:55
Hi! I am new to the idea of applying for a student visa to get in UK. I was told that you can work while studying and you can work up to more than 48hrs a week. If you're going to get in is a job guranteed 100% to be available? ...

on a student visa, you can only work 20hrs a week term time, and now you will have to spend half your time in a class room if your doing an NVQ, and if you get caught working more than 20hrs a week, you will probably be banned from coming back to the uk for x number of years.

a warning here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7923356.stm

Joebloggs is right...

Also, about the 160k/month salary - :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: - Sweet tongue/sweet talk...

darren-b
4th March 2009, 23:05
Hi! I am new to the idea of applying for a student visa to get in UK. I was told that you can work while studying and you can work up to more than 48hrs a week. If you're going to get in is a job guranteed 100% to be available? And if youre going to be emplyed, I was told that you can earn up to 160k/month is that true? An agency is offering me P50k for consultation and assistance in applying for the student visa, is this worth it if I'll pay? pls help, im really lost at this.....

As a student working 20 hours/week (as mentioned by joebloggs) you are never going to earn anywhere near that. A job paying minimum wage would work out at ~P35k/month which to be honest isn't enough to live on. It's not guaranteed you'll get a job here, though if depends what you are willing to do.

If an agency is telling you it's easy in the UK to earn lots of money be careful before giving them any money as they are not being totally truthful.

Jay&Zobel
5th March 2009, 00:13
As a student working 20 hours/week (as mentioned by joebloggs) you are never going to earn anywhere near that. A job paying minimum wage would work out at ~P35k/month which to be honest isn't enough to live on. It's not guaranteed you'll get a job here, though if depends what you are willing to do.

If an agency is telling you it's easy in the UK to earn lots of money be careful before giving them any money as they are not being totally truthful.

I definitely agree with Darren!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gideon
5th March 2009, 22:07
Whoah! Whoah! Whoah! that's totally giving me a diff point of view for applying a student visa now. I am about to go to the agency nxt week and pay 25k for the consultancy. Anyway im going to ask them also if what they were promising in the orientation has any truth in it, 160k a month is a lot of money to earn while studying. But why do people apply for student visas to the uk and work while studying? maybe some are earning near that. i really need to know, im getting really confused here. waaaa

Jay&Zobel
5th March 2009, 22:30
Whoah! Whoah! Whoah! that's totally giving me a diff point of view for applying a student visa now. I am about to go to the agency nxt week and pay 25k for the consultancy. Anyway im going to ask them also if what they were promising in the orientation has any truth in it, 160k a month is a lot of money to earn while studying. But why do people apply for student visas to the uk and work while studying? maybe some are earning near that. i really need to know, im getting really confused here. waaaa

1) Coz Agencies are doing lots of sweet talks for you to be able to pay them! Isn't it their job anyway?
2) They always convert £ into PhP (which really makes it look big) :omg::omg::omg:, but not necessarily true: costs of living in the UK is too expensive.
3) You are allowed to work while studying but then upto 20hrs/week only.

joebloggs
6th March 2009, 04:07
, 160k a month is a lot of money to earn while studying. But why do people apply for student visas to the uk and work while studying? maybe some are earning near that.

:icon_lol: no students will be earning anywhere near that, 160k php a month :doh sorry, unless your very highly skilled, and if you was, you wouldn't be applying for a student visa :doh

they have to work because its so expensive here :doh

this is from last year, average living cost of a student £200 a week
http://www.which.co.uk/news/2008/08/student-living-costs-average-nearly-200-a-week-154854.jsp

say you got double the minimum pay, thats £12 a hour, £12 * 20hrs aweek = £240, *4 wks a month = £960, take off tax and nat insurance, and your living costs your lucky if you will have £70 a month left, or 5,000 php :doh ... welcome to the real world :cwm24:

and there will not be many student who earn £12 an hour :doh

Gideon
6th March 2009, 04:34
ooooh..... Tnx for making me see the reality. Thank you for the info. At least now i have additional premises to base my decision on applying for a student visa in uk.

Im wondering, what if you're a nurse??? Im a registered nurse here and im wondering what kind of job i can do for a living there while studying. Maybe i can work in a nursing home, but i dont hav any idea how much that kind of job earns per hr. hmm..... Lbs200 per week seems a lot.I'll still ask around, hoping I'll get some positive response to be able to weigh things

Gideon
6th March 2009, 05:10
I'm really worried bout applying now. I did a lot of research and reading. Yeah you can apply all by yourself, but the problem is that im not experienced with this stuff and im predicting that if i'll do this by myself my chance of being denied the visa is pretty high. Im worrying also bout, of course, the expenses. I dont hav money to waste on unnecesary service like a consultancy group that is not guranteed to speed up or assure my application. And once i get there, what will I do? Study to feed myself? I wish i didnt find out bout this, i got really hopeful and now that im learning more bout this im getting more doubtful and wanting it more to apply in the middle east (this was my original plan for this year).

If finding descent job/s and earning is guranteed there and if i'll be able to get my money back then spending now will be alright and well worth it.

darren-b
6th March 2009, 05:14
ooooh..... Tnx for making me see the reality. Thank you for the info. At least now i have additional premises to base my decision on applying for a student visa in uk.

Im wondering, what if you're a nurse??? Im a registered nurse here and im wondering what kind of job i can do for a living there while studying. Maybe i can work in a nursing home, but i dont hav any idea how much that kind of job earns per hr. hmm..... Lbs200 per week seems a lot.I'll still ask around, hoping I'll get some positive response to be able to weigh things

Just to add to what has already been said... P160k/month is about the average wage in London (the rest of the country is lower). So you can see as a student working half the normal hours you are never going to earn that.

The pay in a nursing home starts at minimum wage. Some will pay a bit more, but unlikely to be close to twice the minimum wage.

The cost of living will vary depending on which part of the country you live and on how you are willing to live your life here. If you live in cheaper part of the country (ie not London), shared a room with someone else, eat the cheapest most basic food, walked everywhere, and not do anything but work or study, then I guess you could get that down to less than £100/week.

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 13:25

Yes, it seems a lot when converted to PhP... But you have to think that you will be living in the UK not in the PI... So the living expenses is in ££££ not in PhP...

I'm really worried bout applying now. I did a lot of research and reading. Yeah you can apply all by yourself, but the problem is that im not experienced with this stuff and im predicting that if i'll do this by myself my chance of being denied the visa is pretty high. Im worrying also bout, of course, the expenses. I dont hav money to waste on unnecesary service like a consultancy group that is not guranteed to speed up or assure my application. And once i get there, what will I do? Study to feed myself? I wish i didnt find out bout this, i got really hopeful and now that im learning more bout this im getting more doubtful and wanting it more to apply in the middle east (this was my original plan for this year).

If finding descent job/s and earning is guranteed there and if i'll be able to get my money back then spending now will be alright and well worth it.

I am sorry if my posts were quite aggressive and seems to make you worry... But those are the reality...

I have a sister who is a registered nurse. We were so hopeful that one day she will come here and stay with us in England... We have used an Agency and spent £26k for submitting the 1st requirement: School Diplomas, CV etc... (please see my previous posts) and later found out that we can apply for her directly here at any Colleges (sending the requirements online or by posts FREE)... (just read my previous posts... long story)...

Great Britain is in recession, lots of people are being kick out from their jobs, plenty establishments have gone bankrupt, also: the immigration is getting tighter and stricter everyday: BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE... and a lot more...

Maybe, just attend their free orientation seminar... Ask lots of things, Listen to their sweet talk, To their promises (at the end... they will be the one who will be having your PhPPPPPPP for believing in them)... just be very cautious... it is indeed very risky...

Yeah you can apply all by yourself, but the problem is that im not experienced with this stuff and im predicting that if i'll do this by myself my chance of being denied the visa is pretty high. Im worrying also bout, of course, the expenses.

Using or not using agencies = chances of visas to be denied...
One of the forum members here have used an agency. Paid PhPPPPP. Supplied all documents and still he was DENIED.
Agencies also, will ask you not to tell the ECO that you have used them...

But...
Some were granted (last year)... He is now here... They also said it depends on the ECO who has your papers...
Still depends on you my friend...

nparvus1202
6th March 2009, 17:11
Are people really want to study NVQ or it is the only easy way to come to UK? Since the new tier was introduced, recruiters seems to find a way to get more money from applicants by introducing to them student visa. But still need to pay more money. The past months British Embassy in Manila caught off guard with these onslaught of NVQ applicants hence long waiting time. Is NVQ recognized in other countries like the US , Canada or Australia?

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 17:22
Are people really want to study NVQ or it is the only easy way to come to UK?

When applying Student Visas, you should take NVQ courses and not lower than that, as what I have told/researched...

Since the new tier was introduced, recruiters seems to find a way to get more money from applicants by introducing to them student visa. But still need to pay more money.

Recruiters/ Agencies/ Consultants what ever they call themselves will always "encourage" poor Filipinos to apply and pay them (of course that's their job right?). But I just think, they are scams... (They will let you visit their very pristine office, successful visas posted on their walls, meet their elegant agents, see the videos with testimonies from students now in UK and lots more) ... I am sorry, just got very horrible experiences with them...

Just be very careful... Weigh things rationally...

nparvus1202
6th March 2009, 17:35
Me think that sooner NVQ will be scrap from student visa. If one wants to be a student, take up law, medicine, post grad, doctorate or masters degree.

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 17:43
Me think that sooner NVQ will be scrap from student visa. If one wants to be a student, take up law, medicine, post grad, doctorate or masters degree.

yep!

NVQ Levels are lower than the Bachelor courses (4/5 yrs) that you have finished in the PI...

doonat
7th March 2009, 23:02
with the current exchange rate, 160k sounds too good to be true! to give you an idea: the closest you can get per month is around 65k - 85k based on a 40hr/week work you are entitled but sometimes it varies during holidays you can get more. our "kuracha" friend here earns 100-120k monthly (a little work and lots of part time jobs) but that's the most she can earn from working like a mad cow. :rolleyes: monthly expenses at around £400-£500 per week. and in order to save more you need to resist tempting offers like going to pubs or shopping malls.:icon_lol:

as what they've said never trust agencies coz they will just rip you off. recently my room mate was phoned by his agency in manila and they are asking him (and the other 3 students here) to send them a picture showing they've got a good life in the uk. hell no! :action-smiley-081: i bet they will be using the pictures to encourage more prospective applicants. :NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
7th March 2009, 23:05
as what they've said never trust agencies coz they will just rip you off. recently my room mate was phoned by his agency in manila and they are asking him (and the other 3 students here) to send them a picture showing they've got a good life in the uk. hell no! :action-smiley-081: i bet they will be using the pictures to encourage more prospective applicants. :NoNo:

:spam1::spam1::spam1::NEW4::NEW4::NEW4::spam1::spam1::NEW4::NEW4:
:furious3::furious3::furious3::furious3::furious3:

hi there doonat!
will they send the photos? should not!!!

doonat
7th March 2009, 23:30
:spam1::spam1::spam1::NEW4::NEW4::NEW4::spam1::spam1::NEW4::NEW4:
:furious3::furious3::furious3::furious3::furious3:

hi there doonat!
will they send the photos? should not!!!

only if the agency will pay them in return... :icon_lol::icon_lol: the agency says it's one way of showing their gratitude or "pagtanaw ng utang na loob"??? shame on them! :Rasp: and as for my case: they've been posting my name on the local newspaper as one of their successful applicants without my consent.

Jay&Zobel
7th March 2009, 23:39
only if the agency will pay them in return... :icon_lol::icon_lol: the agency says it's one way of showing their gratitude or "pagtanaw ng utang na loob"??? shame on them! :Rasp: and as for my case: they've been posting my name on the local newspaper as one of their successful applicants without my consent.

u can honestly sue them!!!

utang na loob? no way.. u paid them!!! hahahaha! (a very insulting laugh) :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

parischellea
15th March 2009, 01:21
:)hows everyone ...im a new member

Shayla
15th March 2009, 01:25
:)hows everyone ...im a new member

Hello and welcome to the forum...:D:D:D

INIAIRIDI
19th March 2009, 21:39
Hi Dyan! any Update in your Visa Application?

dyannesky
20th March 2009, 03:23
hello....still no result this is my 55th working day. Lodged my application dec 22nd 2008..i hope it will be soon....crossing fingers and praying