PDA

View Full Version : Kumusta & Aloha!

cebuchris
4th March 2009, 23:15
Thought i'd join this group. Im a asian American from Hawaii & i enjoy my new place in Cebu. But finding a gurl can be taxing on a expat as most tend to look for support & will lie to do so. Seen this at internet cafe's everday & especially Sundays after church. They ask for money & post lies and/or sob stories & most use pix not of themselfs to promote themselfs. Bars are not a good way to meet gurls as the Philippines legalizes "bar-fine" prostitutes by having them go to a weekly health clinic. Internet sites are ok but again almost all are asking for money while professing their love to you though you never even met. I do enjoy the culture, food, & people but have lived here long enough not to be fooled anymore. So until i meet a truely nice person i'll just find my way as we all do in life.:)

bornatbirth
4th March 2009, 23:24
hi and welcome

your living there and having trouble meeting a nice girl?

i guess you need to find some nicer places im sure someone on here can give you a few tips?

cebuchris
4th March 2009, 23:43
hi and welcome

your living there and having trouble meeting a nice girl?

i guess you need to find some nicer places im sure someone on here can give you a few tips?
There are many pretty young gurls in the Philippines but to find a nice gurl not ruled by money in a 3rd world country is very hard. Most of us expats here live here out of retirement or work related & the way i feel is i work hard all my life & don't want to share my life with a scammer or gold-digger. The process of meeting gurls here is easy. Making a choice that you can live with is harder as i don't want to use the gurl im with but rather make her my partner in life.

Jay&Zobel
5th March 2009, 00:41
Welcome here CebuChris!

Happy hunting! lol...
it is indeed tricky finding nice & genuine ladies...
same as ladies finding great & loving lads...

keithAngel
5th March 2009, 01:43
Hi Chris Im about to return to the UK you dont say how long you have been around Cebu, One good method , especialy as you have unlimited time is to meet up with ex-pats who have already married here.

Their wives families often have ladies who are looking for a serious relationship and its easy to get the picture on the attitudes in that family from the husbands and their friends here

Unless the lady has a good job of her own they inevitably want some support for their parents ...at least but that doesnt have to be beyond what they would send if they were working.

My partner sends her mum 2000piso a month from her own earnings ,she could send more if she liked:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
5th March 2009, 05:53
Hi chris welcome here, i wish u good luck,but yeah u still can find a genuine gurl for sure

Florge
5th March 2009, 07:27
I'm guessing that you're working in Cebu too? If that's the case, coworkers have friends, family and relatives that they can hook you up with... but, as they say... love will find its way to you and you'll never know what hit you... just try to be a better person and you'll attract the girl who's also as good as you... good luck.

IainBusby
5th March 2009, 09:15
Hi Chris Im about to return to the UK you dont say how long you have been around Cebu, One good method , especialy as you have unlimited time is to meet up with ex-pats who have already married here.

Their wives families often have ladies who are looking for a serious relationship and its easy to get the picture on the attitudes in that family from the husbands and their friends here

Unless the lady has a good job of her own they inevitably want some support for their parents ...at least but that doesnt have to be beyond what they would send if they were working.

My partner sends her mum 2000piso a month from her own earnings ,she could send more if she liked:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's usually a bit of a problem because most of the families seem to expect much more if she's married to what they perceive to be an extremely rich whitey.
Iain.

tiN
5th March 2009, 12:16
Welcome here :)

Mrs Daddy
5th March 2009, 16:05
welcome here chris and goodluck for finding your true love :)

kimmi
6th March 2009, 04:09
welcome to the forum Chris, wishing u all the best in finding the right girl..:)

keithAngel
6th March 2009, 10:54
That's usually a bit of a problem because most of the families seem to expect much more if she's married to what they perceive to be an extremely rich whitey.
Iain.

Thats right Ian but finding the other families that dont form part of the "most"
can be a legitimate part of the selection process plus the more rich whiteys there are in the family the more the load can be shared:doh

The longer Ive stayed here the more Ive realised that for some folk here 3000piso a month is realy somthing even when they have to work seven days a week to get it food for thought:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
6th March 2009, 14:24
Thats right Ian but finding the other families that dont form part of the "most"
can be a legitimate part of the selection process plus the more rich whiteys there are in the family the more the load can be shared:doh

The longer Ive stayed here the more Ive realised that for some folk here 3000piso a month is realy somthing even when they have to work seven days a week to get it food for thought:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your right, P3,000 really is something in Phils, but it seems that because the expectations having a whitey in the family creates, there are many families who think that the whitey (or worse still, their daughter) is kuripot even if they get P10,000 per month.

Iain.

PeterB
6th March 2009, 15:00
Many of the friends and colleagues of Ruby's father ask him why he's still working now that his daughter has married a foreigner. Yes. of course I help (financially and otherwise) when it's needed, but he has never even considered it a possibility that he should live off me. In fact, he has been giving his time freely, to manage and work 'my' 1.5 hectares 'at the mountain'.

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 15:44
Iain.

That's always the connotation :cwm23:

Yes P3k is something (but depends on the area/region where the family is staying...

Your right, P3,000 really is something in Phils, but it seems that because the expectations having a whitey in the family creates, there are many families who think that the whitey (or worse still, their daughter) is kuripot even if they get P10,000 per month.

sad but true :NoNo::bigcry:

Iain.

Many of the friends and colleagues of Ruby's father ask him why he's still working now that his daughter has married a foreigner. Yes. of course I help (financially and otherwise) when it's needed, but he has never even considered it a possibility that he should live off me. In fact, he has been giving his time freely, to manage and work 'my' 1.5 hectares 'at the mountain'.

Good for you!
That's always the thing, some people in the Philippines will always say that "You (parents back home) are lucky for having your daughters/sons sending $$$$£££££."

I think it is part of our customs & traditions sending Sustentos to our families.

Just wondering, who else do you know are doing these (other nationalities)?

girl england
6th March 2009, 21:05
welcome to the forum Chris