PDA

View Full Version : Quantitative easing

benb
5th March 2009, 16:46
why can't they just admit that they are printing more money. :NoNo:

Piamed
5th March 2009, 19:34
Yup! £75bn to begin with. And if that does not work (which it won't) they'll just print some more. Hmmmn!

aromulus
5th March 2009, 19:52
Taking the proverbial :piss2:

Piamed
5th March 2009, 20:01
I'm still trying to get my head around qualitative easing.:doh

Jay&Zobel
5th March 2009, 23:01
making more people be in debt...

benb
6th March 2009, 17:19
maybe a depression is coming afterall! :Erm: stock up your garage with tins of baked beans and oil!:ARsurrender:

Piamed
6th March 2009, 17:24
I think its here my friend and unlike the 90s recession this is impacting white collar workers in some serious numbers. Bankers, lawyers, etc. all losing their jobs. Even if as predicted, there is a turn around by mid 2010, the rebound is gonna take much much longer. Those with jobs must hang on as best they can and seek to differentiate themselves postively from their peers. Talk about competition.

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 17:28
maybe a depression is coming afterall! :Erm: stock up your garage with tins of baked beans and oil!:ARsurrender:

we have started doing it... :) but scary...

I think its here my friend and unlike the 90s recession this is impacting white collar workers in some serious numbers. Bankers, lawyers, etc. all losing their jobs. Even if as predicted, there is a turn around by mid 2010, the rebound is gonna take much much longer. Those with jobs must hang on as best they can and seek to differentiate themselves postively from their peers. Talk about competition.

what else is next?

benb
6th March 2009, 17:29

I hear you mate. i've never seen so much back stabbing before at work. Doing the right thing does not always help. :cwm24:

How is Pia? She must be really big now.

benb
6th March 2009, 17:34

:yikes::yikes:.......off to tesco now......

what else is next?

Doomsday! after depression it will be world war III, just like in the 1930s.

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 17:45

what else is next?

:yikes::yikes:.......off to tesco now......

Doomsday! after depression it will be world war III, just like in the 1930s.

not impossible...

Piamed
6th March 2009, 17:51
I hear you mate. i've never seen so much back stabbing before at work. Doing the right thing does not always help. :cwm24:

How is Pia? She must be really big now.
It's terrible, my peer, only two of us based in EU and we started about the same time, has just received some light critiscism from our boss's boss. He is now under some serious pressure.

It's unfortunate to think that if he leaves though, it makes my position a tad more secure. Nevertheless, I have to resist that notion and support him as best I can. Fortunately, I've succeeded and pray we will both do well.

somebody
7th March 2009, 11:24
It's terrible, my peer, only two of us based in EU and we started about the same time, has just received some light critiscism from our boss's boss. He is now under some serious pressure.

It's unfortunate to think that if he leaves though, it makes my position a tad more secure. Nevertheless, I have to resist that notion and support him as best I can. Fortunately, I've succeeded and pray we will both do well.

The best attitude to have Sir:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Treat others as you wish to be treated. Its difficult in such a tough situation but having seen situations where people are competing often the person who has been professional and supported the team is the one employers want to keep.

From what i hear from various customers in both goverment depts including the treasury and from the private finance sector this spring and summer had better have some nice weather as its looking very dismal otherwise.

No one is predicting when pushed any recovery dates most are just saying lets see what happens.