PDA

View Full Version : Hello..

Iyam
8th March 2009, 20:29
Hello all, first of all many thanks for the warm welcome in this forum. It's quite entertaining just reading the posts from all the members of this forum. Very, very informative!!!! Would like to know your views & advice regarding these situations:

What happens when a foreign (not UK) marriage & divorce went unreported with the Phil Embassy? (Unreported for more than a decade). Cenomar was given by NSO as there was no record of marriage.

Will the foreign divorce decree (jointly petitioned) be recognized in the UK? As divorce is not recognize in the Phils, Will the Filipino divorcee be allowed to get married in the UK with her English fiance'?

Thank you all!!!

Mrs.JMajor
8th March 2009, 22:03
well you already got cenomar from NSO,and record says no marriage has been taken,so no worries then......

and i guess so,she/he can get married in the Uk,why not...

Iyam
9th March 2009, 10:07
Hi Mrs.JMajor, thank you for your response regarding my query. Makes me wonder though if the previous foreign marriage/divorce (although cenomar's been obtained) will ever come to light in the future. As the british law is very complex, the intention is to submit the divorce decree. Unfortunate thing is after getting married in the UK, passport will not be allowed by the Phil Embassy to be amended as the divorce was a joint petition. Will they still allow the report of marriage without amending the passport? Any idea? Many thanks!!!