PDA

View Full Version : spouse visa...Wat next?

happymom2008
9th March 2009, 15:34
:confused:Hi Guy'z,
Im so happy that i found this forum...I have some question here regarding about my situation in Uk....I've been here for 7months, and i have a spouse visa which will be expired by next year...My Q is what should i do before my visa will gonna expired? Do i need to apply a permanent residence? Guy'z i really need your help....
thank you so much
your reply is highly appreciated

Shayla
9th March 2009, 15:37
Im so happy that i found this forum...I have some question here regarding about my situation in Uk....I've been here for 7months, and i have a spouse visa which will be expired by next year...My Q is what should i do before my visa will gonna expired? Do i need to apply a permanent residence? Guy'z i really need your help....
thank you so much

You need to apply ILR I think before your spouse visa expire..

I'm very sorry for my short post..Good luck!

darren-b
9th March 2009, 19:45
thank you so much

If you let us know exactly when you arrived in the UK and when your visa expires then we can give you some more accurate advice.

happymom2008
9th March 2009, 21:06
If you let us know exactly when you arrived in the UK and when your visa expires then we can give you some more accurate advice.

Hi,
Anyway I was arrived here last august 2008...And my spousal visa will be expired november next year...thank u

darren-b
9th March 2009, 21:24
Hi,
Anyway I was arrived here last august 2008...And my spousal visa will be expired november next year...thank u

The rules may change, so you may want to check nearer the time.

If the rules don't change you will need to apply apply for ILR before your visa expires. The earliest you can apply is 28 days before the date you would have been in the UK 2 years (july/august 2010). To apply for ILR you need to pass the life in the UK test (or take an english qualification that includes the life in the UK element).

happymom2008
10th March 2009, 15:33
The rules may change, so you may want to check nearer the time.

If the rules don't change you will need to apply apply for ILR before your visa expires. The earliest you can apply is 28 days before the date you would have been in the UK 2 years (july/august 2010). To apply for ILR you need to pass the life in the UK test (or take an english qualification that includes the life in the UK element).

Thanks for the reply...where can i take the test?

IainBusby
10th March 2009, 16:41
Thanks for the reply...where can i take the test?

Just google "life in the UK test centres" and you should be able to find your nearest test centre.
Iain.

happymom2008
10th March 2009, 17:42
Just google "life in the UK test centres" and you should be able to find your nearest test centre.
Iain.

thank u