PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Manila

subseastu
17th March 2009, 14:17
Hi all

Well I thought I got away with it but the UK gov has now decided to tax offshore seafarers :furious3: and back date it:bigcry:. So because of this the wife and I are looking to move to the philippines, probably somewhere in manila. We already have a small farm and wood holiday house in the province but this is too cut off for us for every day living.

So we are looking at areas of Manila. Does anyone have any websites for rental / sale houses in manila? I'm thinking in areas around Makati, pasay for starters as they seem to have resonable areas / subdivisions and quality of things to do / ammenities. We've not really spent that much time in manila so I'm only using these as start points and am open to other ideas. I think the intention is to find a studio flat connected to a hotel for some self catering while we look for a rental porperty.

The wife doesn't really have any close family around manila so we can't use them for assistance.

Ideally we'd like a 2-3 bed house with garden. Don't know about rental prices but maybe up to 20-25 thousand / month.

So any ideas???

scott&ligaya
17th March 2009, 14:35
There is a member on here FRED, I seem to remember that he has quality properties for rental around Manila. I have not seen him on the site for a while but you could try to PM him

best of luck

subseastu
17th March 2009, 14:44
Thanks for that but unfortunatly I can't PM here yet

Mrs.JMajor
17th March 2009, 14:44
Or try the sulit dot com dot ph where you can find online house for sale/rent with so many choices around manila area,

good luck ,may you find the best one to suits your way of living for everyday lives

scott&ligaya
17th March 2009, 14:52
ok I will try for you to contact him and pass on your posting

Sulit is good, I got our pick up from there

nids123
17th March 2009, 14:54
Hi all

Well I thought I got away with it but the UK gov has now decided to tax offshore seafarers :furious3: and back date it:bigcry:. So because of this the wife and I are looking to move to the philippines, probably somewhere in manila. We already have a small farm and wood holiday house in the province but this is too cut off for us for every day living.

So we are looking at areas of Manila. Does anyone have any websites for rental / sale houses in manila? I'm thinking in areas around Makati, pasay for starters as they seem to have resonable areas / subdivisions and quality of things to do / ammenities. We've not really spent that much time in manila so I'm only using these as start points and am open to other ideas. I think the intention is to find a studio flat connected to a hotel for some self catering while we look for a rental porperty.

Ideally we'd like a 2-3 bed house with garden. Don't know about rental prices but maybe up to 20-25 thousand / month.

So any ideas??? hi i have a property to rent but its a condo unit its in taguig area near the fort and makati.im really looking forward to find a tenant t my unit coz ill be leaving soon to uk.its a 2 bedroom with terrace
60 squere metters and with loundry area,facing amenities infront of the main gate and with clubhouse with wifi,pool basket ball court and tennis court playground everything is there.also there is lots of unit for sale and house near the place to sale too. if u r interested just send me a messege so i can gv u my contact datails the rent is 11,500 only per month.:):)

Mrs.JMajor
17th March 2009, 14:58
Oh yeah,your chance nids :D

nids123
17th March 2009, 15:01
Oh yeah,your chance nids :D

yes mrs major how i wish my property rented so soon i want to be with hubby soon hope he likes to visit my unit and hope he will like it.thank you mrs major.:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
17th March 2009, 15:06
yes mrs major how i wish my property rented so soon i want to be with hubby soon hope he likes to visit my unit and hope he will like it.thank you mrs major.:Hellooo::Hellooo:

The way you describe looks good thou,considering that place is expensive area,i wonder how much you both bought it.......

nids123
17th March 2009, 15:13
The way you describe looks good thou,considering that place is expensive area,i wonder how much you both bought it.......
we boughtit for 2.2 with discount so its only 2.m well my husband and i we want to sell if it someone would offer the price we want for 2.m but if there is a tenant who would like to rent it the better so we keep the unit and have income when we come back here,we ask for postdated check for a year then we jsut gv it to my aunt to deposit on our account everymonth.:Hellooo::Hellooo:

empott
17th March 2009, 16:33

:Erm: Nosy, MrsJM? :D

Mrs.JMajor
17th March 2009, 16:50
:Erm: Nosy, MrsJM? :D

part of being business minded i guess,who knows i can afford to buy the said unit :D:Hellooo:

nids123
17th March 2009, 17:29
part of being business minded i guess,who knows i can afford to buy the said unit :D:Hellooo:
hahaha right mrs jm.u can send me ur emaqil and ill send u some photos if u want,and i gv u discount for 2.m hahaha
:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
17th March 2009, 17:35
hahaha right mrs jm.u can send me ur emaqil and ill send u some photos if u want,and i gv u discount for 2.m hahaha
:Hellooo::Hellooo:

:yikes: 221 post still cant access pm :Erm: ill wait till u get respected so we can send you pm,not be long i hope :D,maybe admin are so busy by now ,forgot to change your status :cwm24:

nids123
17th March 2009, 17:53
:yikes: 221 post still cant access pm :Erm: ill wait till u get respected so we can send you pm,not be long i hope :D,maybe admin are so busy by now ,forgot to change your status :cwm24:

yes mrs majo i hope soon i can be respected hahahaha maybe the boss is so busy :yikes:

nparvus1202
17th March 2009, 18:15
There are some units for lease at Residencias De Manila right beside Nagtahan bridge in Pandacan, Manila. There are seven buildings there, some units are for sale some are for lease.

Mrs.JMajor
17th March 2009, 22:36
There are some units for lease at Residencias De Manila right beside Nagtahan bridge in Pandacan, Manila. There are seven buildings there, some units are for sale some are for lease.

too crowded,not ideal place,sorry ! :D

Florge
18th March 2009, 05:18
Hi.

You can check bahay.ph. Let me know if you need a little more help than that. I can help you as I live here in Manila.

subseastu
18th March 2009, 14:16
Thanks for the replies so far. Thanks for the condo offer but the missus and me require a house and lot really. My interent is playing up so I've not really had chance to look at sulit.com but hopefully soon. I've seen the bahay website but there seems to be some very high prices on there. $2300/month and 120 000php / month but I think this is to do with one years rent maybe. I hope anyway.

I think we'll be looking to go somewhere around the back end of the year so we're looking for ideas really.

Again thanks for the suggestions so far, anymore ideas anyone?

fred
19th March 2009, 08:11
There is a member on here FRED, I seem to remember that he has quality properties for rental around Manila. I have not seen him on the site for a while but you could try to PM him

best of luck

That`ll be me then!! Thanks BTW.

Probably not much good to subseastu as our largest unit is a 55sqmtr apartment.
Pics here. www.apartmentinphilippines.blogspot.com

BTW... There`s usually loads of houses and other stuff advertised on craigs list.. Be careful with landlords here and don't expect to ever see your deposit again!!

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 09:51
Welcome back Fred :Hellooo: How you doing?You must been busy making money huh:D

walesrob
19th March 2009, 10:32

Check that PM is turned on...

Click on "User CP" in the green bar above...
Then
"Edit Options" in the left hand side menu
Scroll Down to the "Messaging and Notification" section,
Finally, tick "Enable Private Messaging" under Private Messaging sub-section.

The UserCP (or user Control Panel) now has many options - take a look.:)

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 10:38
oppss thanks Mod i thought member category (like what nids123 status) cant pm her

Florge
19th March 2009, 11:35
Oh... forgot to offer condo -- 60 sq meters, 2 BR and 1 library/office, 2 toilet and bath.. for only 1M.. assume balance thru Pag-Ibig... near SM Fairview.. not too crowede area, fresh air as it is in the suburbs...fully-furnished... lol...

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 12:14
I did try to deal like that ,asking how much the balance in PAG-IBIG and so they say 7000 php monthly and payable in 20 years because it was put into installment plan,so i asked what if someone will pay the balance in cash,they said it was deal with installment plan,so even some one wanted to pay it in cash,they will just less the balance like 5% (melting):doh

Pepe n Pilar
19th March 2009, 12:33
HI Subseastu, i have my family living in Manila hope i could be of help. If you're looking for a house/condo/apt for rent something like P25K/month that would be fine depends on what location of Manila. Have you thought of just buying, make a downpayment then have the monthly amortization of that amount? At least the property will be yours unlike if you're just renting.

subseastu
21st March 2009, 07:52
Hi angain everyone

THanks for all the suggestions so far. Unfortunatley we can't really do a condo as the wife wants to take our dog across with us (at massive cost by the looks!) So its got to be a house and lot.

Thanks for the look at the apartments Fred but like I say not suitable for us, very nice though.

I think we will rent first rather than buy cos we'll need to find an area we're happy with. I was looking at greenhills in pasig but have been warned off due to very haevy traffic outside the subdivsion (makes it difficult to get in and out let alone anywhere) Also apparently it floods outside so we're basically on an island!

We rented apartments in olongopo before and you're right about landlords. In 6 apartments not once did we get our deposit back. Robbing Ba$*£rds.

I'll certainly check out craigs list aswell if my internet behaves itself. THanks for the suggestions so far but does anyone have any experience with makati, pasig area?

scottishbride
21st March 2009, 09:32
Hi angain everyone

THanks for all the suggestions so far. Unfortunatley we can't really do a condo as the wife wants to take our dog across with us (at massive cost by the looks!) So its got to be a house and lot.

Thanks for the look at the apartments Fred but like I say not suitable for us, very nice though.

I think we will rent first rather than buy cos we'll need to find an area we're happy with. I was looking at greenhills in pasig but have been warned off due to very haevy traffic outside the subdivsion (makes it difficult to get in and out let alone anywhere) Also apparently it floods outside so we're basically on an island!

We rented apartments in olongopo before and you're right about landlords. In 6 apartments not once did we get our deposit back. Robbing Ba$*£rds.

I'll certainly check out craigs list aswell if my internet behaves itself. THanks for the suggestions so far but does anyone have any experience with makati, pasig area?

Hi mate! I have been living in Manila with Mel for 3 years now and really I much prefer to move out of the city. The traffic is hell, the pollution really bad as well, Mel and I just arrived back from Cebu, wonderful place. Anyway go to bahay.com, they have quite a large listing for the whole of the Philippines. I definately agree with you with regards to renting before you buy, there is a nice subdivision in Antipolo called Cottonwoods, developer is Crownasia, starting price is 4.3 million P's! Why are you being taxed? Is it because you work in UK waters! You can stay in the UK for up to 3 months as a non-resident. Good luck mate!

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thejarvs
21st March 2009, 09:52
Hey guys, how about rent to own?does anybody knows a link or website to find a rent to own house in phil?

sysop
21st March 2009, 10:13
try craigslist or adpost

Craigslist:
http://manila.craigslist.com.ph/apa/

AdPost Philippines:
http://www.adpost.com/ph/house_for_sale_for_rent/

subseastu
21st March 2009, 10:28
I don't work in UK waters anymore if I can help it, its to do with the type of vessel I'm on. The hmrc in a revenue building exercise has decided that people the work on dive support vessels are no longer seafarers, I'm a navigator by the way!! THe goverment has in one swoop reduced the offshore british seafarer to ruins. Many of my shipmates are talking about bankrupcy and / or emigrating. The main problem is we budjet our year on a known wage, the gov is now talking of back dating our possible tax to april 08. This means that I'll have to find a years tax money payable by jan 10!! It ain't going to happen.

THis is why we're thinking of legging it to the phils and me going expat. You're right about the 3 month thing but first I have to have 12 months out the uk and not have a property registared to me. Hopefully we'll be able to rent our house out after I've finished doing it up.

I've heard alot of good things about cebu but the wife isn't from that neck of the woods, We've discounted olongopo aswell. Went back for a few days in january and I think it's changed for the worse, so that leaves manila. I know I'll be asking alot but Ideally a house and lot in a quiet sub division 5-10min form a market and maybe 30 min drive to a mall. THe province is a bit too remote and even the wife says we'd be too close to family. We'd visit on weekends etc.

scottishbride
21st March 2009, 15:40
I am also a seafarer, I work for a oil company! I own a house in the UK and rent it out! The IR are no longer interested in my earnings through my work, only the rental income I make, as long as it is less than 6,000 pounds for the tax year they normally leave me alone. There are plenty of places available for rent in the Metro area, of course you can get a place on a short lease and then look around. Have you been to Tagatay? there are plenty of house and lots for sale there and it is a bit cooler than Manila!

pennybarry
21st March 2009, 16:01
Hi all

The wife doesn't really have any close family around manila so we can't use them for assistance.

http://www.phlist.com/photos/picture62.jpg

So any ideas???

In my opinion, I think it is better to live close to Makati like Laguna/Tagaytay. I live in Sta Rosa which is about 24 km away from Makati, I know a place in Laguna Bel-Air fully furnished cost about 20 thou/mo. They (Laguna Bel-Air) have private buses going to Makati everyday. So your budget is quite match:D. BUT if you want more cool place and no need to install aircondition, I can suggest you to buy a property which is boundary of Tagaytay and Sta Rosa. It is overlooking Laguna de Bay:BouncyHappy: It cost 20,000 +/ month but after 5 years it will be yours :xxgrinning--00xx3: DP is affordable.

http://www.phlist.com/photos/picture62.jpg

Florge
21st March 2009, 16:52
Hi angain everyone

Pasig is better... Makati is toooo crowded! Lived in Makati for over a year...

Mrs.JMajor
21st March 2009, 18:56
Pasig is better... Makati is toooo crowded! Lived in Makati for over a year...

Depends which part of makati :D

mavid
21st March 2009, 19:19
We have a house & lot for Rent. It's situated at Rosewood Village, Niog 2 Bacoor, Cavite.

2 Storey Corner Lot Unit

3 Bedrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Balcony

2 Toilets and Bath, Laundry, Very spacious Front/Car garage

Provision for Air Condition, CATV, and Telephone

Shuttle Service, 24-hour Security.

Subdivision is near SM Bacoor (10-15mins), SM Mall of Asia (30-45mins), Island Cove Resort(30mins), Tagaytay (2-3hrs)

Transportation is accessible to Makati, Ayala, Alabang, Sucat, Lawton and Manila.

Village Amenities & Facilities
Elegant entrance gate with 24-hour guards
Wide roads
Elevated water tanks
Air-conditioned Roman Catholic Chapel
Air-conditioned Clubhouse with Multi-Purpose Hall
Covered Basketball and Badminton Court
Swimming Pool with Waterwalls
Children's Playground and Landscaped Parks

subseastu
22nd March 2009, 07:57
Again thanks for the continuing replys. To be honest I've not really thought about tagaytay area as I heard it is v expensive. Not too bothered about heat as I like to do sun bathing (as long as theres a cold beer of course)

I think the only real way to do this is to get out there and spend a month looking around for ourselves. Taking into account all the advise from you good folk of course. Its certainly narrowing down my areas to look at and so hopefully we can find something quicker.

Whats the traffic like from Sta Rosa to Makati like? Does Sta Rosa have its own town, food stores bars resturants etc? Actually what Laguna like in that respect?

Scottishbride tried to PM you but can't. Who do you work for and whats your position? I'm 1/0 sdpo on the PMS mayo out in SAudi at the moment.

pennybarry
22nd March 2009, 08:39
Again thanks for the continuing replys. To be honest I've not really thought about tagaytay area as I heard it is v expensive. Not too bothered about heat as I like to do sun bathing (as long as theres a cold beer of course)

I think the only real way to do this is to get out there and spend a month looking around for ourselves. Taking into account all the advise from you good folk of course. Its certainly narrowing down my areas to look at and so hopefully we can find something quicker.

Whats the traffic like from Sta Rosa to Makati like? Does Sta Rosa have its own town, food stores bars resturants etc? Actually what Laguna like in that respect?

Scottishbride tried to PM you but can't. Who do you work for and whats your position? I'm 1/0 sdpo on the PMS mayo out in SAudi at the moment.

We used to pass thru South Super High-way from Sta Rosa going to Makati. So there is no traffic inside SSH. The traffic begins when you approach Magallanes which is about 2 miles from Buendia Avenue. Buendia Ave to Ayala is more heavy traffic.

The City of Santa Rosa is a first class city in the province of Laguna, We have big SM mall there, Waltermart, Robinsons and Paseo de Sta Rosa were you can see different restaurants. Eton City which is also nearby of Laguna Bel Air is half developed. It is called MAKATI OF THE SOUTH.
If you will choose Laguna Bel-air, Paseo de Sta Rosa is just nearby and you will not experience any traffic.
Traffic in Sta. Rosa begins before you approach the South Super High-way. But onced you passed it, there will be no traffic from SSH to Magallanes which is close to Makati proper.
We have free education there from Elementary to High School and 70% of employees at Ayala Technopark must be resident of Sta Rosa City.
Here are some links that will help you know about our town.

http://www.etoncity.com/

http://www.sinjin.ph/2008/04/01/paseo-de-santa-rosa/

http://arlenearcillasnazareno.com/starosa/main.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Enchanted_kingdom.jpg

http://www.expatforum.com/city-guides/philippines/sta-rosa-city-guide.html

Goodluck:BouncyHappy:

Florge
23rd March 2009, 05:09
Depends which part of makati :D

Well, even if you live in the villages, it's still crowded once you get out of the village... it's the business district though so you are in the midst of all action. But if you're the type who's laid-back and loves fresh air, Makati isn't for you... unless you'll just stay inside the village/condo where you live and would not go through the daily hassles of travel.

fred
23rd March 2009, 05:27

There`s a very nice sub div around the corner from us.. To be honest its the best I have seen in a long while..The roads are very wide and so are the pavements. Security is good and there are lots of guards around etc.
Nice clubhouse with swimming pool..If I had a few extra bob I`d buy in there as I reckon it a good investment..Its in Imus Cavite but Im damned if I can remember the name.. I`ll see if I can find out.
Traffic is bad all over Manila.

(Bacoor is OK BTW but it does flood badly in many areas during monsoon so be careful to check before signing a lease in that area)

Regards,
Fred

fred
23rd March 2009, 05:34
Welcome back Fred :Hellooo: How you doing?You must been busy making money huh:D

Very well thanks.. Our nipa hut 75% built..
Now trying to pick best spot for a jacuzzi..(Always wanted one and really cheap to build here)
Business couldnt be better as 17 units occupied by foreign tenants.
Im trying to enjoy it while it lasts!

subseastu
23rd March 2009, 05:42
Fred

Where is it you're living? The trouble with all this advice is I'm getting mighty confused!!! Time for a step back, deep breath and have another look at all the info thats been posted.

fred
23rd March 2009, 05:46
Fred

Where is it you're living? The trouble with all this advice is I'm getting mighty confused!!! Time for a step back, deep breath and have another look at all the info thats been posted.

He he...Im actually living in Bohol but our units are there in Imus Cavite..

subseastu
23rd March 2009, 05:52
Ah right. just started looking at google maps, something I should've done at the start obvisously.

So you say bacoor is prone to flooding how does imus fair? Whats the town like regards shops (mall and groceries etc), resturants, bars etc. Want to be able to go out on a night with the wife.

subseastu
23rd March 2009, 05:54
Should say sorry for all this to everyone, its just manila is so ruddy big and I'll have a relative short time out there to even find a rental place that I'll be asking so daft questions and knowing me going back over the same stuff twice. So please bear with me folks

sysop
23rd March 2009, 08:34
Ah right. just started looking at google maps, something I should've done at the start obvisously.

So you say bacoor is prone to flooding how does imus fair? Whats the town like regards shops (mall and groceries etc), resturants, bars etc. Want to be able to go out on a night with the wife.

Flooding in Imus is minimal. If the rain is really bad and heavy, there can be a little on the main road that goes through Imus, but is gone within a day or two. Compared to Bacoor its just a fraction.

There's a market (wet & dry) about 5-10 minutes (in a jeepney) away from the mall Robinsons Place. And further up the highway there is FRC shopping mall, so don't worry - plenty of places to use money :)
If that's not enough, there is always SM Bacoor (20-30 minutes away).
The mall in Imus have basically all you need regards to food, clothing, electronics etc.

There are 3 bars in the Robinsons area, whereas one of them also can be refered to as a restaurant, as they make food too. Actually I am not sure it exist anymore, as I remember the number of customers were quite slim when I was there, but I'm sure fred knows that.

Hmmm.... what more can I tell about Imus? ...... the people I've met there were all very nice and honest people. I'm sure there are some "bad seeds" too, but I've never ran into any there.

subseastu
23rd March 2009, 12:42
Thanks for that info about Imus. I'm really confusing myself here. I've now started to look more closely at, now bear with me, pasig, alabang and tagaytay maybe sta rosa as well.

THe first 3 I think (especially with the way the exchange rate is) could be outside of budget, even to rent. So I think its going to be possibly, maybe look at rent a house and lot somewhere in the sta rosa area and go on from there. Find a car and driver, then do alot of riding around for a month.

I get the feeling form what folk have said here that sta rosa is abit more like a small town, a bit better suited to a country boy like me but close enoughto makati, alabang if we want to go kick our heels for a night out.

BY the way does anyone know of a british pub in alabang?

sysop
23rd March 2009, 13:05
Maybe a motel would be easier and cheaper for the first period you stay there. Then you can look around the various areas without worrying about being kicked out of the house after 1 month.

subseastu
24th March 2009, 05:14
THats not a bad idea. I have been toying with the idea of getting a studio type apartment so we can self cater for maybe a month whilst we find our longer term rental. I think there are a few hotels that do this, we should be a bit more central as well so that may help in finding properties.

I'm thinking about hiring a car and driver a day at a time so we can travel different towns / neighbourhoods in relative comfort.

pennybarry
24th March 2009, 07:25
Thanks for that info about Imus. I'm really confusing myself here. I've now started to look more closely at, now bear with me, pasig, alabang and tagaytay maybe sta rosa as well.

THe first 3 I think (especially with the way the exchange rate is) could be outside of budget, even to rent. So I think its going to be possibly, maybe look at rent a house and lot somewhere in the sta rosa area and go on from there. Find a car and driver, then do alot of riding around for a month.

I get the feeling form what folk have said here that sta rosa is abit more like a small town, a bit better suited to a country boy like me but close enoughto makati, alabang if we want to go kick our heels for a night out.

BY the way does anyone know of a british pub in alabang?

Goodluck ! I hope you'll meet some British there living at Sta Rosa Estate and Brittany Village:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
24th March 2009, 07:48
Sta. Rosa is nice... more quiet also specially if you live in Laguna Bel-Air where it's near schools, hospitals, and near Brent International School as well.. just that you need to pay for the toll fees whenever you would like to go to Manila for some night out or some shopping... *sigh*

subseastu
25th March 2009, 07:54
THink I'm leaning more and more towards Sta Rosa. Pennybarry, you obviously live round there. I've stumbled across a few developments called the
"South Forbes Golf City" (not into golf but the pictures look nice)
"Paramana residental park, Greenfields city.
"Palma real"
Do you know anything of these?

My concern with these is developments is they seem to get half finished and then left. Don't know if its to do with not selling lots etc.

Do you have any info on the bel air development aswell. Is it maintained to a standard, claen and tidy etc? Sorry to be a pain but thanks for your help.

Pepe n Pilar
29th March 2009, 20:41
THats not a bad idea. I have been toying with the idea of getting a studio type apartment so we can self cater for maybe a month whilst we find our longer term rental. I think there are a few hotels that do this, we should be a bit more central as well so that may help in finding properties.

I'm thinking about hiring a car and driver a day at a time so we can travel different towns / neighbourhoods in relative comfort.

I know someone who has a house in East Fairview. They accept foreign students of (UP) University of the Philippines, Diliman Branch in Quezon City. There are rooms for rent. It has a separate kitchen for the boarders and use of swimming pool is free. They accept one person per room and accepts couples as well but not more than 2 people. For the meantime that your looking around Manila you can rent a room. They got 9 bedrooms furnished and 2 large receiving rooms. They also has a van for hire and so you can make use of that while touring around Manila eyeing for a property to buy or rent.

pennybarry
30th March 2009, 07:09
THink I'm leaning more and more towards Sta Rosa. Pennybarry, you obviously live round there. I've stumbled across a few developments called the
"South Forbes Golf City" (not into golf but the pictures look nice)
"Paramana residental park, Greenfields city.
"Palma real"
Do you know anything of these?

My concern with these is developments is they seem to get half finished and then left. Don't know if its to do with not selling lots etc.

Do you have any info on the bel air development aswell. Is it maintained to a standard, claen and tidy etc? Sorry to be a pain but thanks for your help.

Laguna Bel-Air is fully developed whilst Palma Real is under Development.
Yes, both of my parents clan are both from there:D
Not to worry about the development of Eton City and Greenfields. It is owned by one of the richest businesman in the Philippines named Lucio Tan.
He owns Asia Brewery, Allied Bank, Philippine Airlines, fortune tobacco, and many more:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucio_Tan

Nothing to do with his money

There are some properties at Laguna Bel Air to let. Fully furnish cost 20 thousand/month, and 10K-15K if not fully furnished.

subseastu
30th March 2009, 07:58
Thanks for the info again. I'm afraid the border house thing isn't really what we're looking for but thanks for the thought.

Thanks for the info aswell about the subdivisions. Its a worry of mine that these things get built then within 2yrs they're starting to fall down around your ears.

A big thanks to everyone who has put forward ideas and suggestions to me in this confusing and difficult time for the missus and me, its much appreciated. I think its now a matter of when we're ready we'll head out and take a look around following the info thats been put forward here.

Again thanks everyone for your help.

Pepe n Pilar
30th March 2009, 08:44
If you fancy living near Makati then you may consider the posh villages in Alabang. There is the Ayala Alabang Village. It is a quiet, clean and friendly neighbourhood. There are a lot of foreign nationals living there. AAV is owned by the Madrigals and the Ayalas. The owner of the villages in Makati City lives there (Zobel de Ayala), He ownes the villages like Dasmarinas Village, Bel-Air Subdivision in Forbes Park, San Lorenzo Vill, and Forbes Park to name a few.

Some residents are former Presidents of the the country, some known gov't officials, senior officers of big entities, dignataries/commercial attache of some countries working in the consulate. It has a church inside the village, Rustan's convenience store , a golf course, exclusive schools for girls (Woodrose) and La Salle Zobel. They have their own water reservoir, it has swimming pools for residents only (for those that don't have pools in their backyard).
When you go out of the village you can find supermarkets, cinemas, schools, banks.

Security is superb there are security guards roaming around the village 24 hrs and visitors should stop at the entrance gate before they go inside to visit friends/relatives. Residents are notified first by the guards by giving them a call if they know the person who wants to go and visit their home. So there is no surprise visitors unless the resident gives advance notice to the guards who are they expecting on that certain day.

Alabang Hills Subdivision is just across and also one to consider. If you want to know more about houses for rent or for sale just go to AAVA (Ayala Alabang Village Association). It is inside the Village you can ask the security guards at the entrance gate. You can take the madrigal gate in going to AAVA.

You can also visit their website if you want to know the prices of the houses there for sale and/or for rent. Same with the schools to know the quality of education offered. I don't know the exact link but if you know the address then you can access to it. It's Ayala Alabang Village Alabang Muntinlupa City, Manila Philippines..