PDA

View Full Version : Jessica's Questions

Belmontboy
17th March 2009, 17:40
Jessica shared some of the questions she was asked at her interview, so here are some of the things to expect. her experience was very positive, and the ECO (Femail) was VERY understanding and patient and also had a helper who even started to cry when Jessica opened her heart about the relationship.

The following is a very rough transcript based on what Jessica told me after :-

ECO "Good Morning, How are you today ?"

Jess "I'm fine, thankyou"

ECO "Good, what language would you like to be interview in, English or Tagalog ?"

Jess "English Please"

ECO "Ok, Tell me, How long do you plan to stay in UK for ?"

Jesss "FOREVER !!!!!!!!"

ECO (laughing) "hee hee hee, ok, WHY do you want to go to UK ?"

Jess "To marry Simonnnnnn"

ECO "Thats lovely, tell me about how you met "

Jess "Well, we met on match. com in 2005. then he came to visit me
in Feb 2006 and we got along well . . . . etc etc"

ECO "Yes, I can see that you last saw each other two years ago, HOW do you cope ?"

Jess (with tears welling) "Its been soooo hard, and Simon had financial problems, but we promise to stay true to each other and save for the time we can be together."

ECO "Ok Ok, compose yourself now, its ok, I can see from Simon's file that he had financial problems, but he also did extra work . . it seems he found it easy to find extra work in UK so that's good as well."

Jess "yeah"

ECO "you know, your such a sweet bubbly girl, its so nice to speak to you this moring and its so nice to see how sincere you are about Simon"

Jess "thankyou, and you know, Simon's Papa even said I was a funny wee thing out of affection when he spoke to mee...."

Eco (laughs) I can see that, anyway, About your Visa. It allows you to arrive in April, get married in July, and you know, you will then have just a few weeks to apply for FLR else you have to come home. Is that OK ?

Jess "You mean its approved ??"

ECO "yes of course ! All you need to do is come back at 3:00 pm to collect it"

Jess "WOW I'm SO HAPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

ECO "Its my pleasure, and thankyou very much for speaking to use this morning. We wish you every success"

This is the gist of how it went, so, I hope your interviews are just as friendly and productive.

Simon

mavid
17th March 2009, 18:15
Thanks for the info. Very useful.

Mrs.JMajor
17th March 2009, 22:40
Thanks for sharing Simon

Jay&Zobel
17th March 2009, 23:15
awwww....

Well Done!! WHoohoo!!!

I think ECOs are a bit nosey hahaha...

Ji&Ma
17th March 2009, 23:27
awwww....

Well Done!! WHoohoo!!!

:Erm:I think thats their job to be nosey, isn't it?:Erm::omg::D

Jay&Zobel
17th March 2009, 23:57
:Erm:I think thats their job to be nosey, isn't it?:Erm::omg::D

yeah i know lol :D:D:D:D:D... being paid to be nosey lol or shall i say to be an investigator hahaha but they are good!

nids123
18th March 2009, 01:10
wow that is good very useful thanks for the info

georyz
18th March 2009, 12:26
Useful info especially for those who will undergo interview in the future. Confidence and honesty is the key to success. :) congrats again.

rayofLight
18th March 2009, 14:11
Jessica shared some of the questions she was asked at her interview, so here are some of the things to expect. her experience was very positive, and the ECO (Femail) was VERY understanding and patient and also had a helper who even started to cry when Jessica opened her heart about the relationship.

The following is a very rough transcript based on what Jessica told me after :-

ECO "Good Morning, How are you today ?"

Jess "I'm fine, thankyou"

ECO "Good, what language would you like to be interview in, English or Tagalog ?"

Jess "English Please"

ECO "Ok, Tell me, How long do you plan to stay in UK for ?"

Jesss "FOREVER !!!!!!!!"

ECO (laughing) "hee hee hee, ok, WHY do you want to go to UK ?"

Jess "To marry Simonnnnnn"

ECO "Thats lovely, tell me about how you met "

Jess "Well, we met on match. com in 2005. then he came to visit me
in Feb 2006 and we got along well . . . . etc etc"

ECO "Yes, I can see that you last saw each other two years ago, HOW do you cope ?"

Jess (with tears welling) "Its been soooo hard, and Simon had financial problems, but we promise to stay true to each other and save for the time we can be together."

ECO "Ok Ok, compose yourself now, its ok, I can see from Simon's file that he had financial problems, but he also did extra work . . it seems he found it easy to find extra work in UK so that's good as well."

Jess "yeah"

ECO "you know, your such a sweet bubbly girl, its so nice to speak to you this moring and its so nice to see how sincere you are about Simon"

Jess "thankyou, and you know, Simon's Papa even said I was a funny wee thing out of affection when he spoke to mee...."

Eco (laughs) I can see that, anyway, About your Visa. It allows you to arrive in April, get married in July, and you know, you will then have just a few weeks to apply for FLR else you have to come home. Is that OK ?

Jess "You mean its approved ??"

ECO "yes of course ! All you need to do is come back at 3:00 pm to collect it"

Jess "WOW I'm SO HAPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

ECO "Its my pleasure, and thankyou very much for speaking to use this morning. We wish you every success"

This is the gist of how it went, so, I hope your interviews are just as friendly and productive.

Simon

thanx for posting of the interview....it helps for us ....
CONGRATULATIONS..........

Mrs.JMajor
18th March 2009, 16:51

Especially on savings account :Erm::NoNo::action-smiley-081::Cuckoo:

as well as financial status :D

LadyJ
18th March 2009, 21:06
just bare in mind not every ECO have the same attitude or mood on the time of interview..

Congratulations to Jessica and Simon, I wish you all the best in the future.