PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on what BF said over email

Florge
18th March 2009, 04:33
Hi Everyone,

I just want to get another opinion on what these words mean to you:

I hope I made sense when you called? The spiritual side to my life seems to be changing. I am putting God first again, not just going to Mass and praying but spending more time reading the scriptures and meditating like I used to do. I realise now that God has sometimes taken a back seat in my life priorities. My treatment of God has at times been unacceptable. I am also surrendering my complete free will to God. I am praying that God blesses and guides all aspects of my life (and yours) including my martial status. At this stage I have no idea what God is guiding me to do so I am patiently waiting. I can report nothing further.

I know that we're in the "cool off" stage and he's probably having wedding jitters... but I also got the feeling that we're leading to a break-up? Help me make sense into this as I do not and cannot think logically at this point.

The last email I sent was I told him that I support him and that I want him to know that I think of him always and that I love him. He replied: Thanks, I love you too. xx

What shall I do now? Thanks everyone! :)

joebloggs
18th March 2009, 07:18
At this stage I have no idea what God is guiding me to do so I am patiently waiting. I can report nothing further.[/I]

I know that we're in the "cool off" stage and he's probably having wedding jitters... but I also got the feeling that we're leading to a break-up?

but I also got the feeling that we're leading to a break-up hes got the jitters?, guilt over something ? does he drink ?

you need to have a good talk with him, and find out if this is over or not :NoNo:

Florge
18th March 2009, 07:27
but I also got the feeling that we're leading to a break-up hes got the jitters?, guilt over something ? does he drink ?

you need to have a good talk with him, and find out if this is over or not :NoNo:

he doesn't drink... he's been having a "spiritual" crisis for sure... we had a talk and he has told me to be patient and not to pressure him on anything...

aromulus
18th March 2009, 07:41
I hope I made sense when you called? The spiritual side to my life seems to be changing. I am putting God first again, not just going to Mass and praying but spending more time reading the scriptures and meditating like I used to do. I realise now that God has sometimes taken a back seat in my life priorities. My treatment of God has at times been unacceptable. I am also surrendering my complete free will to God. I am praying that God blesses and guides all aspects of my life (and yours) including my martial status. At this stage I have no idea what God is guiding me to do so I am patiently waiting. I can report nothing further.

What a load of rubbish.:doh

Coward.:omg:

Bluebirdjones
18th March 2009, 09:39
You honestly, at the bottom of your heart, think that this guy
will give you a rewarding, loving, supportive long-term committed
relationship ?

I'll answer it for you ........ NO !

Those words echo to me doubt about his whole ethos of life....
especially who is important in it, where's he going, and perhaps even
his sexuality.

Make the decision for him .... Get out now before it's too late

Florge
18th March 2009, 10:54
What a load of rubbish.:doh

Coward.:omg:

Really? :NoNo:

Florge
18th March 2009, 10:55
You honestly, at the bottom of your heart, think that this guy
will give you a rewarding, loving, supportive long-term committed
relationship ?

I'll answer it for you ........ NO !

Those words echo to me doubt about his whole ethos of life....
especially who is important in it, where's he going, and perhaps even
his sexuality.

Make the decision for him .... Get out now before it's too late

Am I not assuming things? Would like to operate on logic, not assumptions.

IainBusby
18th March 2009, 11:06
Hi Everyone,

I know that we're in the "cool off" stage and he's probably having wedding jitters... but I also got the feeling that we're leading to a break-up? Help me make sense into this as I do not and cannot think logically at this point.

The last email I sent was I told him that I support him and that I want him to know that I think of him always and that I love him. He replied: Thanks, I love you too. xx

You could be right, he may well be looking to break up with you, but if he is, he seems to want to put the blame on God, probably in the hope that you won't feel so hurt about it if it's nothing to do with him dumping you really, just all down to God's plans for him...... and of course you. :Erm:

Iain

Bluebirdjones
18th March 2009, 11:11
I am putting God first again,
That means that you are way DOWN the list on his priorities.

not just going to Mass and praying but spending more time reading the scriptures and meditating like I used to do.
On your profile I see you list interests as dancing, singing, going to movies
That is NOT gonna happen with this loser, with this religious zealot.
With him in his "cell" reading the scriptures, you'll be lucky if you're even
allowed a TV or radio.... let alone be allowed to listen/watch unsupervised.

I realise now that God has sometimes taken a back seat in my life
What ? Is he for real ?

I actually fear for you in this relationship ..... this guy isn't dealing with a
full deck.
I think that if you delve deep enough (via his family) you'll find that he's had
psychological problems in the past.

aromulus
18th March 2009, 11:11
Really? :NoNo:

It is most likely that all that long speech about nothing is only used as an excuse to whatever he has in mind of doing. Or not..... Whichever is the case.:Erm:

One thing is sure in my mind tho....... Start moving on and find yourself someone more reliable without fake religious hang-ups.

The answers to the question about having a meaningful relationship are very simple...

Yes....
Or
No....

There is no need to get into a one sided theological debate.... Just to obfuscate, confuse and escape from making a life changing decision when simply asked.

For a minute I thought "Tom" wrote that....:doh

adam&chryss
18th March 2009, 11:18
Hi Everyone,

i reckon when sam milby and anne curtis broke up... using HIM as an excuse of the break-up.
talk to him and ask him straight... just be ready and compose yourself on what he will say.
goodluck anyway!

pacificelectric
18th March 2009, 11:18
my martial status.

Whether the typo is his or yours, it is quite funny....

Now, regarding God's seat preference, I found him sitting on the ejector seat and I pressed the button long ago.

IainBusby
18th March 2009, 11:24
For a minute I thought "Tom" wrote that....:doh

Is Tom back again? :xxparty-smiley-004::xxparty-smiley-004::xxparty-smiley-004:

Florge
18th March 2009, 11:32
Whether the typo is his or yours, it is quite funny....

Now, regarding God's seat preference, I found him sitting on the ejector seat and I pressed the button long ago.

It is a typo error... he means marital status.

Florge
18th March 2009, 11:35
i reckon when sam milby and anne curtis broke up... using HIM as an excuse of the break-up.
talk to him and ask him straight... just be ready and compose yourself on what he will say.
goodluck anyway!

Thanks. Will give it some time though... let the tide subside... :)

Florge
18th March 2009, 11:38
I am putting God first again,
That means that you are way DOWN the list on his priorities.

not just going to Mass and praying but spending more time reading the scriptures and meditating like I used to do.
On your profile I see you list interests as dancing, singing, going to movies
That is NOT gonna happen with this loser, with this religious zealot.
With him in his "cell" reading the scriptures, you'll be lucky if you're even
allowed a TV or radio.... let alone be allowed to listen/watch unsupervised.

I realise now that God has sometimes taken a back seat in my life
What ? Is he for real ?

I actually fear for you in this relationship ..... this guy isn't dealing with a
full deck.
I think that if you delve deep enough (via his family) you'll find that he's had
psychological problems in the past.

Thanks... yeah... maybe I will delve also. :)

Pepe n Pilar
18th March 2009, 11:47
In my opinion, your bf is now telling you his side in accordance to his religious beliefs. If you are on the same boat then it would not be a big deal on your part but, if you're not then you have to think if you will push through with the relationship.

There are loads of women out there looking for men like his type but, some are not comfortable having a partner in life that is always mentioning about scriptures/bible verses..... It's your choice.

There is also a possibility that he wanted to end the relationship and make this as an excuse. Whatever is in his mind then we can't tell and judge. We contributed our views based on his email. All the rest will be decided by yourself as you have had read all his emails hence you will know what to do. These are just views based on that email of him.

Best of luck Florge.
:)

Florge
18th March 2009, 12:19
In my opinion, your bf is now telling you his side in accordance to his religious beliefs. If you are on the same boat then it would not be a big deal on your part but, if you're not then you have to think if you will push through with the relationship.

There are loads of women out there looking for men like his type but, some also are not comfortable having a partner in life that is always mentioning about scriptures/bible verses. It's your choice.

There is also a possibility that he wanted to end the relationship and make this as an excuse. Whatever is in his mind then we can't tell and judge. We contributed our views based on his email. All the rest will be decided by yourself as you have had read all his emails hence you will know what to do. These are just views based on that email of him.

Best of luck Florge.
:)

Thanks. He is indeed a spiritual person and we share the same faith. Just that, there's this little voice in my head that says he's making an excuse. But knowing him, he'll be man enough to tell me that he's dumping me. :NoNo:

Pepe n Pilar
18th March 2009, 12:26
If you share the same faith then set it aside. If you wanted to know why is he dumping you then it is only you that will know. There are many factors that you have to consider why......:rolleyes:

Goodluck Florge:)

Piamed
18th March 2009, 12:35
Amiga, it appears to me that this part of his email cannot be fully comprehended without the rest of the text and a true understanding of the relationship and discussions you have had with this man.

You mention in a subsequent post that he is indeed a spiritual person and thus, it may not be unreasonable for him to say what he has said. It is not reasonable for a believer to review his relationship with God and make an effort to square things off with Him as he believes he should before seeking to engage in a lifetime commitment.

Perhaps he could engage you and together you can plan a spiritual development together but only if that is what works best for both parties. In any event, I hope and expect that he should be open and honest with you about all things that could affect your relationship.

All the best!

amam62
18th March 2009, 12:49
Thanks. He is indeed a spiritual person and we share the same faith. Just that, there's this little voice in my head that says he's making an excuse. But knowing him, he'll be man enough to tell me that he's dumping me. :NoNo:

I guess you already know the answer. :Erm: :cwm12:

Mrs.JMajor
18th March 2009, 13:06
we had a talk and he has told me to be patient and not to pressure him on anything...

:yikes: not good words for me if my hubby throw that to me,Ill just say "Did i pressure you":doh

Give him space for while,wait till he initiate contact again....

Tiggers0608
18th March 2009, 15:58
:Erm:

wedding jitters??? is that mean your going to be married soon?

:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:

yep i agree with the other member here, his a coward and blaming it to god (if he really believes in god, lol)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

just talk to him and clear things out if his breaking with you or what :Erm:

or tell him "well, god spoke to me in my dreams and GOD said we should be married" :rolleyes::icon_lol: and wait what his going to tell you lol:Rasp:

nids123
18th March 2009, 17:22
i think he is making an exuse,y dont you ask him tell him to answer u honestly if what is really going on his mind what ever is the answer u just have to be ready. sorry to hear this.you should talk a heart to heart talk.

smiler78
18th March 2009, 19:37
Hey Florge just spotted your thread, you already know what I think and have to agree with everyone's reaction to your question. Talk soon my friend.

Carl:BouncyHappy::cwm12::BouncyHappy:

Happy_Now
18th March 2009, 19:44
Hi Everyone,
I am praying that God blesses and guides all aspects of my life (and yours) including my martial status. At this stage I have no idea what God is guiding me to do so I am patiently waiting. I can report nothing further.[/I]
! :)

MARITAL STATUS?
what is his marital status?:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:
It like there is a guilt in his heart which makes him to feel unworthy to God:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:

adam&chryss
18th March 2009, 19:53

or tell him "well, god spoke to me in my dreams and GOD said we should be married" :rolleyes::icon_lol: and wait what his going to tell you lol:Rasp:

:icon_lol: this really made me laugh.. but it's a good idea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
19th March 2009, 06:13
If you share the same faith then set it aside. If you wanted to know why is he dumping you then it is only you that will know. There are many factors that you have to consider why......:rolleyes:

Goodluck Florge:)

I am starting to condition myself if and when he indeed dumps me. :)

Florge
19th March 2009, 06:37
Amiga, it appears to me that this part of his email cannot be fully comprehended without the rest of the text and a true understanding of the relationship and discussions you have had with this man.

You mention in a subsequent post that he is indeed a spiritual person and thus, it may not be unreasonable for him to say what he has said. It is not reasonable for a believer to review his relationship with God and make an effort to square things off with Him as he believes he should before seeking to engage in a lifetime commitment.

Perhaps he could engage you and together you can plan a spiritual development together but only if that is what works best for both parties. In any event, I hope and expect that he should be open and honest with you about all things that could affect your relationship.

All the best!

Hi Piamed. Thanks. This email is a follow-up from our conversation, asking me to be patient and not to pressure him to decide on something. I am also doing the same thing... really thinking hard if I am going to commit my life with him. We will talk about this again, but I would not initiate it. The decision must come from him as he has an issue, not me. Will keep everyone updated though.

:rolleyes:

Florge
19th March 2009, 06:39
:yikes: not good words for me if my hubby throw that to me,Ill just say "Did i pressure you":doh

Give him space for while,wait till he initiate contact again....

Yes... I will give him the space he needs. Thanks. :)

Florge
19th March 2009, 06:41

wedding jitters??? is that mean your going to be married soon?

:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:

yep i agree with the other member here, his a coward and blaming it to god (if he really believes in god, lol)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

We were discussing actually marriage already. I will talk to him and clear things out soon... but will cool things off a bit. Thanks.:)

Florge
19th March 2009, 06:43
i think he is making an exuse,y dont you ask him tell him to answer u honestly if what is really going on his mind what ever is the answer u just have to be ready. sorry to hear this.you should talk a heart to heart talk.

Hi Nids, yes... we will have that heart to heart talk.

Florge
19th March 2009, 06:44
Hey Florge just spotted your thread, you already know what I think and have to agree with everyone's reaction to your question. Talk soon my friend.

Carl:BouncyHappy::cwm12::BouncyHappy:

Hi Carl,

Yeah. I know your take on this... thanks for your concern bro.. talk to you soon! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
19th March 2009, 06:45
MARITAL STATUS?
what is his marital status?:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:
It like there is a guilt in his heart which makes him to feel unworthy to God:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:

He's single. He is guilty of something which I cannot divulge here... hehehe... how's your hubby? :)

Sconnie
19th March 2009, 13:48
He's single. He is guilty of something which I cannot divulge here...

kimmi
19th March 2009, 13:57
He's single. He is guilty of something which I cannot divulge here... hehehe

hi Florge,

it's better if u have a heart to heart talk to sort everything out, whatever it is that he's guilty of it's only u who can decide with ur situation.

are u still willing to accept him?with all the "if's" and "buts" in the world??

Goodluck..:xxgrinning--00xx3: