PDA

View Full Version : CFO stamp in passport, same day?

aposhark
18th March 2009, 08:25
Hi,

My wife has already done the CFO seminar in Cebu City.

Now she has her passport with the settlement visa stamp.

If we arrive at the CFO can she get the stamp on the same day?

Thanks.

aromulus
18th March 2009, 08:43
Hi,

Thanks.

Jet did the CFO thingy before getting the Visa, and at the end of it they gave her a receipt of attendance.

On arrival of the Visa she went back with the receipt, and gave her the CFO Stamp on the Passport.

About an hour job, I understand.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
18th March 2009, 09:54
Yesssssssss, Arrived b4 9am,she can have the sticker b4 lunch time.

Ann07
18th March 2009, 10:00
Hi,

Thanks.

Yes, she can just visit the cfo office behind dfa( if it still the same:D)
She can get the sticker less than an hour just be there early though:D

Goodluck Rochelyn:)

rayofLight
18th March 2009, 14:39
CFO means what?
thanx

nids123
18th March 2009, 14:48
cfo means commision filipino oversease.

rayofLight
18th March 2009, 14:55
cfo means commision filipino oversease.

hello,
nids123....do you have your ym...?..can we hat there,,to ask some info...i dnt know how to chat here, thanx
rayoflight

Jay&Zobel
18th March 2009, 16:12
Hi,
Thanks.

Yesssssssss, Arrived b4 9am,she can have the sticker b4 lunch time.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
18th March 2009, 22:53
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Roll on the end of April when I go back to get Rochelyn.

tiger@tigress
18th March 2009, 23:20
Yes seminar in the morning and cfo later on...

Arthur Little
19th March 2009, 00:38
My wife Myrna flew to Cebu on the 6.25am flight from Davao. She then took a taxi from Mactan International Airport to the St Mary Euphrasia Foundation Inc. Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW). She arrived there at around 7.50am - 10 minutes before the offices opened at exactly 8 o'clock - after which the listing of the participants attending the seminar was carried out. The proceedings began an hour later and lasted until 12noon.

The one-to-one counselling sessions [following which individual Certificates of Attendance are given to each individual participant] start at 1pm and, depending on the numbers to be interviewed on any particular day, usually finish by mid-afternoon, allowing time to proceed to the CFO office (again by taxi) for the coveted passport 'sticker'.

As interviews are generally conducted on a first-come-first-served basis, it makes sense to turn up as early as possible on the day you select. The literature Myrna received beforehand suggested those emmigrating to the UK were expected to attend on either a Monday or Friday - yet Myrna went there on a Wednesday (which implies that any weekday would be equally suitable). However, maybe she was just lucky, so best to check first.

I hope this is of some help, and wish you and all the others, the very best.

Arthur

Arthur Little
19th March 2009, 00:50
Sorry, on re-reading aposhark's query, I'm reminded his good lady has already attended the Guidance & Counselling Session. So to him, I'd say "YES", there should be no problem in her obtaining the CFO sticker as long as she already has the Certificate of Attendance.

Hopefully, though, my posting based on Myrna's experience, will be of assistance to others yet to fulfill this mandatory requirement.