PDA

View Full Version : The long wait is over!

Mrs Daddy
18th March 2009, 10:15
At last Guys,the long wait is over:xxgrinning--00xx3:good result for those who waits patiently:)I`ve got my ILR it took me over 12 weeks to have it.I got it from post office yesterday coz me and hubby were away,been to torquay for weekend and when we came back,here it goes:A little paper in the doorsteps it says.You were out and Its got my name on it.I am not waiting for any parcels so I know this must be it.By the way Ate ping I tried to phone you this morning,coz I will be out today.I know I shouldnt have but I have told you that I will phone if I have my ILR.Thanks a lot specially to Boss for creating such a lovely and informative forum and to his very helpful spouse love you loads Ate ping.Goodluck for those who applied for thier ILR.Just be patience coz as they said patience is a virtue.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

winner
18th March 2009, 10:16
well done happy for you take care

adam&chryss
18th March 2009, 10:22
:BouncyHappy: congratulations!

Piamed
18th March 2009, 10:30
Congrats amiga!

IainBusby
18th March 2009, 10:40
Congratulation Wheela,
It was quite a long wait just as ours was, but you got it in the end.
Iain.

Sconnie
18th March 2009, 10:58
congratulations

Jay&Zobel
18th March 2009, 11:00
Wow Congratulations!

EEEEkkk 12 weeks! Quite a long wait... I pray that mine will be granted too... Yep, your right: Just be patient! Thank you

Happy_Now
18th March 2009, 11:11
Im happy for you my dear:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Here i am still anxious, still studying life in the Uk:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:
but
Cant concentrate:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Pepe n Pilar
18th March 2009, 11:15
Congratulations Mrs Daddy...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DianaKevy
18th March 2009, 11:19
congratulations to you:)

scott&ligaya
congratualtions, one more year and you can be a Brit if you want..

one questiion, we will apply next March so probably 8-10 weeks will be the norm. I am fairly sure Ligaya's passport runs out in May 2010. Do they keep your passport during the processing time? If so we might have some difficulties.

thank you for your answeres in advance friends

Ann07
wow congrats wheela:D

hope will get mine too before the baby is due:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ann07
18th March 2009, 11:21

one questiion, we will apply next March so probably 8-10 weeks will be the norm. I am fairly sure Ligaya's passport runs out in May 2010. Do they keep your passport during the processing time? If so we might have some difficulties.

Yes they do keep it scott :)

kimmi
18th March 2009, 12:08
Congrats sis Wheela..:)

Mrs.JMajor
18th March 2009, 12:58
Congratulation Mrs Daddy

georyz
18th March 2009, 13:17
Congrats. :)

mavid
18th March 2009, 14:01
Congratulations Mrs.Daddy

misscarie
18th March 2009, 14:05
Fantastic News Mrs.Daddy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hope to receive my FLR soon i've been waiting for 10 weeks now still no news :doh

scott&ligaya
18th March 2009, 14:13
Thanks Ann007, I wonder if they will put the stamp/page what ever it is into a passport that is about to expire? I also should start to find out out how long it takes to renew her Philippines pasport and should we change her surname to mine? or keep it hers as we have properties and land and stuff in the Phils in her maiden name. I need to start thinking about this even though it is some time away.

nids123
18th March 2009, 14:55
congrats mrs daddy

Jay&Zobel
18th March 2009, 15:21
I wonder if they will put the stamp/page what ever it is into a passport that is about to expire?.

I think it will be fine... It's the ILR you are going to apply next year right?

I also should start to find out out how long it takes to renew her Philippines pasport and should we change her surname to mine? or keep it hers as we have properties and land and stuff in the Phils in her maiden name. I need to start thinking about this even though it is some time away.

Name amendment is pretty straight forward. She may or may not use your name. But it doesn't matter really, the properties are still hers (even if she changes her maiden to married name). She will be needing to show her passport and marriage license in case she wants all properties to be changed in her married name..

Tiggers0608
18th March 2009, 15:48
:xxgrinning--00xx3: congratulations!

Ann07
18th March 2009, 15:51
well done zobel u asnwered it hehehehe:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
18th March 2009, 16:10
well done zobel u asnwered it hehehehe:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

i stole it lol oops sowi po buntis haha:D:D

Ann07
18th March 2009, 16:20
i stole it lol oops sowi po buntis haha:D:D

we are all here to help so nothing to say sorry wahhhhhhhh buntis:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

IainBusby
18th March 2009, 16:24
Thanks Ann007, I wonder if they will put the stamp/page what ever it is into a passport that is about to expire? I also should start to find out out how long it takes to renew her Philippines pasport and should we change her surname to mine? or keep it hers as we have properties and land and stuff in the Phils in her maiden name. I need to start thinking about this even though it is some time away.

It would probably be better if she renewed her passport before applying for ILR becauseas far as I know, they will just put it in the passport that is submitted with the application, which mean, as far as travel is concerned, she will have to carry the old passport as well as the new one.

The new one will be fine for travelling outward bound, but she would need the old one as well to show she has a residency permit when re-entering the country.

If she can renew her passport before applying for ILR it would save all that hassle and the new passport will be in her married name as well, whereas when a passport is ammended to reflect a change of name after marriage, they just add an ammendment slip to page 2 of the passport.

Iain.

alicat
18th March 2009, 17:35
well done..congratulations

tiN
18th March 2009, 19:14
At last Guys,the long wait is over:xxgrinning--00xx3:good result for those who waits patiently:)I`ve got my ILR it took me over 12 weeks to have it.I got it from post office yesterday coz me and hubby were away,been to torquay for weekend and when we came back,here it goes:A little paper in the doorsteps it says.You were out and Its got my name on it.I am not waiting for any parcels so I know this must be it.By the way Ate ping I tried to phone you this morning,coz I will be out today.I know I shouldnt have but I have told you that I will phone if I have my ILR.Thanks a lot specially to Boss for creating such a lovely and informative forum and to his very helpful spouse love you loads Ate ping.Goodluck for those who applied for thier ILR.Just be patience coz as they said patience is a virtue.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congratulations Mrs.Daddy:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I was just about to ask you if you recveived it then i saw your post:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Im next on the line i think:Erm::Erm: Im getting anxious waiting :doh:doh

I hope that i will get it by april as we are planning to visit home:doh:doh:doh

Mrs Daddy
18th March 2009, 19:33

yes my amiga am afraid they keep your passport till they issue you the ILR.goodluck for you!

Mrs Daddy
18th March 2009, 19:39
Thanks everybody am not gonna name you one by one but same as what i said for those who applied just be patient as long as you follow All the procedures and submit all necessary documents am sure everything will be fine.

Pepe n Pilar
18th March 2009, 19:52
Fantastic News Mrs.Daddy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hope to receive my FLR soon i've been waiting for 10 weeks now still no news :doh

Hi MIsscarie, 10 weeks is a long wait for the FLR. I hope you will receive it very soon. I got mine after a month.

scott&ligaya
18th March 2009, 20:02
thank you Iain, Ann, Zobel and of course Mrs daddy, congratulations again.

I suppose it is accpetable to renew her passport a few months early at the Phil Embassy if we explain our reasoning. I guess I had better not plan any holidays in for three months or four months around the filing time.

aug06_2006
18th March 2009, 20:30
Congratz to u!

Mrs Daddy
19th March 2009, 16:08
yes,i think they will consider it scott.give it a go as no harm of trying:) thanks evrybody once agin:D

vbkelly
19th March 2009, 17:45

congratz day wheela sorry im a bit buzy lol

Mrs Daddy
19th March 2009, 18:19
ok lang t bing:)thanks

Arthur Little
19th March 2009, 22:31
Congratulations and also thanks for your help in advising me how to upload one of my wedding photos on the site. I'm still working on it.

LEAHnew
20th March 2009, 03:58
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Congratulation sis and thanks for your good wishes as well as to your fingers,toes and knees crossing:D:Rasp::Cuckoo:

Happy weekend:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Mrs Daddy
20th March 2009, 20:02
no probs arthur.my pleasure my firend kuku:D