PDA

View Full Version : She's alive?????????????

Piamed
19th March 2009, 19:00
Where do I begin?

At 00:20 on the first of January 2004 I texted a good friend of mine in Zimbabwe to wish her Happy New Year. I received a text back enquiring who I am. I wrote back and said what do you mean who am I?

The reply knocked me for 6 and reduced me to immediate tears.

"Maria was killed in a car crash last night".:bigcry::bigcry:

Now, I have much experience dealing with cultures where when confronted with a death folks speak matter of factly about things. I was nevertheless amazed and depressed for days.:NoNo:

I tried to call the number a few times and the line was disconnected.

Imagine my shock five years later, when I receive an email from Maria saying, "Hi Toks, long time since we've spoken, how are you? Here is my new email address."

Can anyone shed some theory on this? :yikes::Erm::Brick:

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 19:06
Ask maria if she still using that number , 5 years ago

It might other people reply on you,and its not her anymore

aromulus
19th March 2009, 19:16
Jealous boyfriend stealing her phone...???:Erm:

And after she realized the fact she must have had it disconnected, or nobody paid the "Pay as you go" thingy...:Erm:
So after a while the number is obsolete anyway....:doh

Honestly tho............ Haven't got the foggiest.....:doh

joebloggs
19th March 2009, 19:26
her mobile was stolen, and who ever had it sent you that text so you wouldn't bother them again.someone with a sick sense of humour, like any scouser :D

Piamed
19th March 2009, 19:34
Ask maria if she still using that number , 5 years ago

It might other people reply on you,and its not her anymoreCould be!

Jealous boyfriend stealing her phone...???:Erm:

And after she realized the fact she must have had it disconnected, or nobody paid the "Pay as you go" thingy...:Erm:
So after a while the number is obsolete anyway....:doh

Honestly tho............ Haven't got the foggiest.....:dohA possibility, sure.

her mobile was stolen, and who ever had it sent you that text so you wouldn't bother them again.someone with a sick sense of humour, like any scouser :DThat's what I'm thinking. But something is still missing.

Just shocked my mum and sis when I told them. Maria and I have/had a mutual friend and he is as shocked/baffled as me. There aren't many lines that beat,
"Mum, you remember my friend that died in a car crash just before New Year's day 5 years ago?"
"Yes, that was so sad".
"Well, she emailed me today!".

Pepe n Pilar
19th March 2009, 21:15
That's what I'm thinking. But something is still missing.

Just shocked my mum and sis when I told them. Maria and I have/had a mutual friend and he is as shocked/baffled as me. There aren't many lines that beat,
"Mum, you remember my friend that died in a car crash just before New Year's day 5 years ago?"
"Yes, that was so sad".
"Well, she emailed me today!".

I thought i am reading the humour section..:icon_lol::Hellooo:

There's a possibility her phone was stolen and so it was a different person who texted you back.:rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 22:04
[I][B]

I thought i am reading the humour section..:icon_lol::Hellooo:

:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:wahh i even checked it,i thought it was humour section hahaha

Sconnie
19th March 2009, 22:09
Where do I begin?

At 00:20 on the first of January 2004 I texted a good friend of mine in Zimbabwe to wish her Happy New Year. I received a text back enquiring who I am. I wrote back and said what do you mean who am I?

Now, I have much experience dealing with cultures where when confronted with a death folks speak matter of factly about things. I was nevertheless amazed and depressed for days.:NoNo:

Imagine my shock five years later, when I receive an email from Maria saying, "Hi Toks, long time since we've spoken, how are you? Here is my new email address."

Read this I don't know how many times..

Lets theoriseb over a beer together....:Erm:

LEAHnew
20th March 2009, 04:33
:yikes: scary amigo:D

Piamed
20th March 2009, 10:24
Read this I don't know how many times..

Lets theorise over a beer together....:Erm:I think we may have a little more than one..two perhaps. Your bedroom is ready. We going to have a very full house; looking forward to it. I've got to find out when Aaren and Mia are bringing their parents up. Btw, I'm curious to see if you notice something when you arrive!:)

Piamed
1st April 2009, 14:27
Still no reply to my email! Maybe I will get another peculiar email in 5 years time!

Pepe n Pilar
1st April 2009, 14:40
That is what you call "getting in touch once in a while".............:doh:Rasp::icon_lol::Hellooo:

Piamed
1st April 2009, 15:01
That is what you call "getting in touch once in a while".............:doh:Rasp::icon_lol::Hellooo:Yes! Only, who is it getting in tough? :NoNo:

amam62
1st April 2009, 15:15
Maybe your friend is indeed gone. And the one emailed you is somebody else pretending to be her.

Or if she is still alive then somebody just made a bad joke about her death. Try to investigate if the car crash is true.. contact her parents, families, friends, colleagues, you know?

Piamed
1st April 2009, 17:18
Thanks. My friend and I have tried to get to the bottom of this but with no avail. He is going there next month so will try to investigate further.

Zim is in a bad way currently, so reaching people is extremely difficult.

Piamed
5th June 2009, 11:24
Well, I received an email from 'Maria' yesterday saying how sorry she was for not replying to my email earlier and providing a telephone number. I've called the number and so far have been unable to get through which is not uncommon with Zimbabwe. Hmmmn!

Piamed
5th June 2009, 11:40
I just removed the first zero in her telephone number and got hold of her - Maria is alive. My goodness. She did lose her phone many many years ago. She did not have an email account but never forgot my email address and one day decided to email me, hence the shock.

She is really well and works for one of the biggest churches in Zimbabwe.

mickcant
5th June 2009, 11:54
Where do I begin?

Hello :ARsurrender:

It is terrible what some people who perhaps stole her phone will do, when I was first in email contact with my now wife she was in CDO and replied to an email to me saying she did not want to hear from me again, I was very upset but replied saying I was sorry that we were finished, she then phoned me in tears to say somone had used her yahoo id after her in a cafe , she thought she could not have closed it properly!
So we ignored the email and she changed her log in detials and it never happened again.
All the best,
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
5th June 2009, 12:01
Hello :ARsurrender:

It is terrible what some people who perhaps stole her phone will do, when I was first in email contact with my now wife she was in CDO and replied to an email to me saying she did not want to hear from me again, I was very upset but replied saying I was sorry that we were finished, she then phoned me in tears to say somone had used her yahoo id after her in a cafe , she thought she could not have closed it properly!
So we ignored the email and she changed her log in detials and it never happened again.
All the best,
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Wow!! Thank God you guys were able to resolve things. It is such a wicked thing to do. All the best to ou both.

MarBell379
5th June 2009, 23:11
I love happy endings :)

Nasty way to deal with ANYONE though, even if they were trying to cover up a phone theft. If they used your friends name as well it may even be that it was someone who knew her.
Shocking :(

thejarvs
6th June 2009, 06:54
Glad to hear Maria turned up safe and sound. As for the phone jacker :action-smiley-060:

Fitzy
6th June 2009, 12:24
Good news Toks mate:)
I thought I had seen everything bad that ppl cd do, but this is a new one on me!!

Glad is all good now.

Take care.

Philip, and Roni

Piamed
8th June 2009, 09:04
I love happy endings :)

Nasty way to deal with ANYONE though, even if they were trying to cover up a phone theft. If they used your friends name as well it may even be that it was someone who knew her.
Shocking :(

Glad to hear Maria turned up safe and sound. As for the phone jacker :action-smiley-060:

Good news Toks mate:)
I thought I had seen everything bad that ppl cd do, but this is a new one on me!!

Glad is all good now.

Take care.

Philip, and Roni

Thanks guys. It's phenomenal that Maria is alive and well. It was a really nice boost for my long-time friend who is currently in hospital having suffered a stroke over a week ago. He knew Maria before me.