PDA

View Full Version : changes to the Knowledge of Life requirement for settlement applications

joebloggs
21st March 2009, 09:32
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/knowledgeofliferequirement

if you don't pass the KOL test, don't use SET(m) form (not that you would :D), use FLR (m) or you could lose your money :doh

Tiggers0608
21st March 2009, 22:53
:Erm:

but you'll just try and try right until you pass the KOL ??? or is there a new rule saying you can only take it once :omg::omg::omg::Rasp::icon_lol::D

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: a lot of changes :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

joebloggs
21st March 2009, 23:14
no you can take it as many times until you pass it or til your visa expires, if your visa is expiring and you've not passed it, you will have to apply for FLR.

aromulus
22nd March 2009, 07:53
no you can take it as many times until you pass it or til your visa expires, if your visa is expiring and you've not passed it, you will have to apply for FLR.

Another subtle way of getting more Visa money out of your pocket....:doh

tiger@tigress
22nd March 2009, 09:08
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/knowledgeofliferequirement
if you don't pass the KOL test, don't use SET(m) form (not that you would :D), use FLR (m) or you could lose your money :doh

What is KOL is it the same as Life in The UK?:Erm:

joebloggs
22nd March 2009, 09:17
yes 'Knowledge of Life' is the proper name for the test, a small number of people will have (KOL) stamped on their entry visa, specially those who have lived outside the uk for 4yrs of more and have applied for settlement, meaning once their in the UK and have taken the test, they can apply for ILR straight away :D

tiger@tigress
22nd March 2009, 09:21
yes 'Knowledge of Life' is the proper name for the test, a small number of people will have (KOL) stamped on their entry visa, specially those who have lived outside the uk for 4yrs of more and have applied for settlement, meaning once their in the UK and have taken the test, they can apply for ILR straight away :D

Thanks for clearing that up Joe i had my test done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
22nd March 2009, 09:38
Thanks for clearing that up Joe i had my test done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

if you've not already sent it to the HO, keep a copy of it, just incase they ask you for it again, not that they should thou :doh

DianaKevy
22nd March 2009, 16:16
Does this mean that we have another book for this? Or is it just the same book? Coz I've read the HO site it says there that if our english is okay we can just take the life in Uk test so that means its the same book? what do you think mod?

joebloggs
22nd March 2009, 17:29
Does this mean that we have another book for this? Or is it just the same book? Coz I've read the HO site it says there that if our english is okay we can just take the life in Uk test so that means its the same book? what do you think mod?

another book its the same thing, just a different name :D

DianaKevy
22nd March 2009, 17:38
another book its the same thing, just a different name :D

I thought so too.:doh they are just confusing our minds hehehehhehe:Erm::Erm:

joebloggs
22nd March 2009, 17:41
KOL = life in the UK, gov uses both phrases, but they stamp KOL on some settlement visa's :D

DianaKevy
22nd March 2009, 17:57
KOL = life in the UK, gov uses both phrases, but they stamp KOL on some settlement visa's :D

right got it mod :) thanks. so i will continue reading the book then:D

tiger@tigress
22nd March 2009, 21:46
if you've not already sent it to the HO, keep a copy of it, just incase they ask you for it again, not that they should thou :doh

Thanks for the advice Joe i will do that.... :xxgrinning--00xx3: