PDA

View Full Version : Mod sits in on Appeal at AIAT Feltham

ginapeterb
23rd March 2009, 09:25
My Invitation to the AIAT Feltham Middelsex net week.

Just to let you all know, I have been invited to attend and sit in on a live appeal going through the Asylum and Immigration Appeal's tribunal at Feltham in Middelsex, next week.

I am full conversant with the case, which for legal reason's I am unable to disclose who the apellant is at present, however, the lawyer who is presenting the case for an appeal against a refusal to issue a spouse visa, has asked for me to join him.

I am most anxious to attend this hearing, as I hope to learn quite a lot about the inner workings of the appeal's process, and in turn use some of that knowledge here at the forum, in he future.

The Immigration solicitor acting for the appelant and the sponsor is aware of my association on this forum, and along with another lay advisor we hope to have the experience of listening to, and taking notes on the format of the hearing, and any relevant information that we feel would be of value to help our other readers at this forum.

Naturally, I am excited, so wish me well, and I hope to come back with some good pointers for the future, naturally I am representing the forum so I will be dressed for the occasion, business suit collar and tie, black shoes, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Pete

IainBusby
23rd March 2009, 13:35
Good Luck Pete. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Iain.

jbt
23rd March 2009, 14:09
Goodluck and all the best.

ginapeterb
23rd March 2009, 14:12
Thanks Ian, and JBT

Pete

KeithD
23rd March 2009, 14:45
How'd you swing that one?

aromulus
23rd March 2009, 20:06
All the very best. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DianaKevy
23rd March 2009, 23:23
goodluck to you mod:)

ginapeterb
24th March 2009, 08:20
How'd you swing that one?

Hi Boss, the solicitor acting in this case, knows of my interest in these matters, and suggested if i could take the time off work, that it might be of interest to me to sit in on the hearing, it effectively means I can sit with him when he speaks, I have done some research on the case, a bit of case law, and when the case has been heard, I will narrate the case here on the forum, its a juicy one I can tell you.

But at present, he has asked me not to publicly make any mention of the case until such time as a judgement has been determined.

The case is for refusal to issue a spouse visa to a married Filipina, the circumstances surrounding this case will serve as a warning to anyone else in the future who attempts to do the same, let us see what the judges determine in this case.

But I am looking forward to it.

somebody
26th March 2009, 22:16
I look forward to hearing about the case and wish those involved the best of luck and a Happy outcome.

I belive the buliding is next door to a DHL office which i have visited.

Its easy to get to via feltham rail station and a quick bus journey or hatton cross tube and a quick bus journey. Most of the drivers seem to know of the location as i have heard when on a bus which goes past the driver shouting out to a passagner or two that they are at the right stop.

On the trading estate opposite is a Fillpino store/factory Mandheys
The Wife loves the hot dogs and many other foods they make from there.

aposhark
26th March 2009, 23:04
[B][U].........Just to let you all know, I have been invited to attend and sit in on a live appeal going through the Asylum and Immigration Appeal's tribunal at Feltham in Middelsex, next week.

Pete

Enjoy the day Pete, and when it is all over, do let us know if you learnt a lot from the process.

When we all have to jump through so many correct hoops to achieve the eventual outcome of our wives joining us here in the UK, these cases sound interesting.

Mrs.JMajor
27th March 2009, 00:22
Hope for the best to two of them,if they really meant to be.... Good luck