PDA

View Full Version : Cheast X-Rays

Belmontboy
23rd March 2009, 14:24
When Jessica was getting her CFO Certificate, she spoke to another girl in the same situation who told her about a friend who, on arrival in uk, was asked to provide a Chest X-Ray. As she didn't have one, she was taken to the Medical Center of the airport, had an X-Ray taken and then CHARGED for it.

Has anybody else heard of such experiences ????

Was this one UK "Jobsworth" having a bad day ?

MarBell379
23rd March 2009, 17:30
Possibly to identify active tuberculosis if she was lacking documents to show immunisation?
Ive heard that testing for this can be required sometimes.

bread2lk
23rd March 2009, 18:04
Hi Belmontboy, yeah, I had an x ray when I came to the UK I guess it is a requirements if you will come and live to the UK, no harm though and only take for a couple of minutes...5 to 10 mins.

georyz
23rd March 2009, 18:06
when my wife arrived here in uk last 2007 she was asked for chest xray and since we didnt bring any she was sent to have one in the medical center in heathrow airport so we went there have it done then go back to immigration officer then done. Its free.

Ann07
23rd March 2009, 18:36
Its usually in the heathrow airport. when i came here last 2006 that was in newcastle airport they didnt ask for it. maybe they change it now . to be in a safe side just bring one:)

Mrs.JMajor
23rd March 2009, 18:39
i just arrived last month at heathrow airport,no one bother to ask me about the X-ray,my share

miayela
23rd March 2009, 20:00
When I arrive at heathrow that was the other month the immigration officer asked me to go to the health control office to have my chest xray it was really quick youll know the result right away if your clear from tb at least you will be aware at the same time your free from tb..

Sophie
23rd March 2009, 20:23
When Jessica was getting her CFO Certificate, she spoke to another girl in the same situation who told her about a friend who, on arrival in uk, was asked to provide a Chest X-Ray. As she didn't have one, she was taken to the Medical Center of the airport, had an X-Ray taken and then CHARGED for it.

Has anybody else heard of such experiences ????

Was this one UK "Jobsworth" having a bad day ?

Hello, i just got here last march 9. And i don't have any chest xray stuff. So the guy from the immigration asked me to go to their health control unit which is right beside the cue. The nurse run me the xray and in less than 2 minutes, the result came out and i am clear. Then i went back to the immigration guy to show the validation paper from the nurse that i am clear of any chest problems. But I NEVER GOT CHARGED NOR PAID A CENT FOR THAT XRAY. By the way, i got off at HEATHROW airport .

bhabes79
23rd March 2009, 20:28
Hi when i got here in uk i have x ray 2..so i think it is requirements :)

Sophie
23rd March 2009, 20:44
Hi when i got here in uk i have x ray 2..so i think it is requirements :)

Yes, it is a requirement when you are about to settle here for good, specially if you are from a third world country. But its ok, can't take it against them, they're just doing the necessary health precautions which will be good for everybody.