PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone,looking for a friend can work part time in the house i feel sad :(

cjmitch10
24th March 2009, 10:54
Hello guys,

i am new here in this forum, anyway... i live in ashford kent area. and i just wanted to hire someone or filipina to have part time job live in, keep in touch with me, because wanted want some fellowfilipinos because same homplace as i am... i hope i can find friends here....about the salary let's discussed it through chat or phone

I just feel homesick my fiancee' always goes to work evryday, and i feel so depressed without anybody to talk to or help me., i have a puppy who is very cute as well...

i hope guys you can help me i am illonggo

hope god would hear my prayers...

Mitzi

IainBusby
24th March 2009, 11:26
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. :Hellooo:
Louella & Iain.

girl england
24th March 2009, 11:33
Welcome to the forum

Mrs Daddy
24th March 2009, 12:11
dont be sad you will get over it.welcome here BTW:)

scottishbride
24th March 2009, 12:14
welcome!

Florge
24th March 2009, 12:15
well, you can start a hobby if you wish... just a suggestion...

sysop
24th March 2009, 12:35
Welcome Mitzi :)

tiN
24th March 2009, 12:36
welcome here :Hellooo:

kimmi
24th March 2009, 14:41
hi Mitzi,

welcome to the forum..:)

nids123
24th March 2009, 14:48
hi welcome here

JudyHon
24th March 2009, 14:55
Welcome to the forum Mitzi :Hellooo:

I'm Ilonggo too :):):)

Mrs.JMajor
24th March 2009, 15:04
Hi yah:Hellooo:,keep googling on net then so you wouldnt feel homesick,thats what the other pinay doing while waiting to be settled or find a job ,or call any pinay on skype (thats free) :D

anyhow,welcome aboard:Hellooo:some members are on fiancee visa and waiting to get married,so you will see us(me too) most of the time on the forum,:D
As what my friend said ,i need to keep an eye for my post count:Rasp:

:doh:doh:cwm24:

katie37pinayuk
24th March 2009, 15:12
Hello guys,

i am new here in this forum, anyway... i live in ashford kent area. and i just wanted to hire someone or filipina to have part time job live in, keep in touch with me, because wanted want some fellowfilipinos because same homplace as i am... i hope i can find friends here....about the salary let's discussed it through chat or phone

I just feel homesick my fiancee' always goes to work evryday, and i feel so depressed without anybody to talk to or help me., i have a puppy who is very cute as well...

Mitzi

cheer up. in time, you'll find yourself with loads of things to do. welcome x

pennybarry
24th March 2009, 16:09
Hello guys,

Mitzi

Hi Mitzi!

It is really sad if you'll stay and stuck at home. We, Filipinas loves to go out when feeling bored. In the Philippines if you have 20 pence for jeepney's fare, you can easily visit your friend nearby:D. But if you love tapping your keyboard and surf the net, it can lessen your loneliness. Try to gain online friends all over the world, or find some Pinays living in Kent. If you found even one who is sincere and genuine, you'll be alright. Try to visit your local college or visit their homepage, there are lots of short courses that is interesting to learn and study and you'll meet friends at school too:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Try to visit your local council homepage and see what are the places that are nice to visit and see. That was the first thing I've done when I arrived here. It's interesting to know some history of your local area.

Cheer up! :Hellooo:

Ann07
24th March 2009, 16:51
Welcome to the forum:)

Pepe n Pilar
24th March 2009, 17:13
Welcome to the forum Mitzi,

You will be alright in due time. When i first came here i felt the same way. There are loads of things to choose from just to make yourself busy. Go to the library/museum in your town and ask for leaflets they have short courses offered, enroll in a gym (you'll meet friends there),or register to be a member in associations in your area. They have members of diff nationalities of all ages(choose your age range), go to the leisure center in your area and join sports like badminton, swimming etc. You may enroll in computer course, some offers for only £64.00 and some £90.00 or go to a university and choose from among the courses you will enjoy and which you will benefit from when you look for a job in the future.

Be careful in hiring live-in workers or house cleaners bec i met someone who wanted to clean my house but i changed my mind when i learned from her that she is an overstayer.:doh

Live-in cleaner is not preferrable(well if you can afford it) but i just have a once a week cleaner for just 2 hrs per visit.

alicat
24th March 2009, 17:35
welcome to the forum...

Bluebirdjones
24th March 2009, 17:40
Only a few days ago a Pinoy from Folkestone was looking for "local" friend.

mhic-mhic i believe.

You are almost within shouting distance of each other !

charlwill
24th March 2009, 18:16
I'm Ilonggo too. Where abouts are you in the Phils.? Anyways, welcome to the forum.

tiger@tigress
24th March 2009, 21:37
we;lcome welcome

irobot
24th March 2009, 22:20
Irobot..." Sunny Different From The Rest... "

Hi there Mitzi Welcome To The Forum...Phil..

acs
24th March 2009, 22:41
hi welcome to the forum.

Ji&Ma
24th March 2009, 22:56
:Hellooo:Hello,welcome in here!:Hellooo:

ANDRES25
25th March 2009, 00:21
HI WELCOME here!

bhabes79
25th March 2009, 08:15
Hi welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,,

aposhark
25th March 2009, 08:53
Hello guys,
Mitzi

Hi Mitzi,

I know it must be difficult but try your best to be positive and try to keep busy at home doing something you enjoy.

My wife is coming to the UK soon so I have been looking at the phone deals.
Orange have "magic numbers" so if your fiance gets two lines, you can speak to each other for free and this should ease your homesickness.

Also, just an idea:
There are part-time courses at your local college.

ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
If English is not your main language, you can do a course to help you improve your English. These courses are called ESOL or English for Speakers of other Languages.

Keeping active seems much more important IMHO

Welcome to the forum.

Pepe n Pilar
25th March 2009, 11:36
Hi Mitzi,
Just want to give you some ideas. Read the brochures/leaflets you receive from the post or in the daily newspapers. It has adverts about classes offered.

I read from one of the leaflets i received, a yoga class offered for only £43.00 for every 10 weeks. One hour per week. So i called them up and was given a schedule. Now i will start my class on Friday, i chose the morning session 10-11. You can choose what schedule you are available. They have 10-11, 11-12 and 1-2pm. They also have Tuesdays but 7-8pm (for working class).
Badminton is also available in the leisure center.
Some fitness centres offers £30.00/month for only 30 mins stay. ( Not preferrable for i stay in the gym at least 2 hrs)
One fitness centre offers £15.00/month. (they have a promo).

Aposhark is right you may enrol in ESOL to improve the knowledge in English language.

Goodluck.....:)

gracia143
25th March 2009, 12:10
Hi Mitch!

Hope you are feeling fine now. My in-laws are residing in Kent. Maybe I can drop by and see you one day? If not, I hope you'll soon find your feet and be able to find friends locally as well. Cheer up!

Ps.

My Ilongo is fluent and my 'best friend' here in London is also from Ilo-ilo.

Sophie
25th March 2009, 17:41
Hello guys,

Mitzi

Hello mitzi :) Welcome to the forum :) Anyway, i can relate to you. I just got here last march 9 and i am getting so bored everytime my hubby goes to work. But i am still scared to go out by myself, but i guess i have to, the soonest possible. So i don't get so bored. Or maybe i will get a job to kill boredom.

lizaphil
26th March 2009, 17:46
hello and welcome

spindrift
26th March 2009, 19:14
Only a few days ago a Pinoy from Folkestone was looking for "local" friend.

mhic-mhic i believe.

You are almost within shouting distance of each other !

Hi jMitch and welcome, my fiancee and I will be arriving in the Kent april 7th. We live in whitstable and ashford is only 30 mins away. My fiancee Rose is also looking for friends in the kent area as she will be new to the UK. I will get her to post a message when she is in the UK.
keep in touch with the forum many friends here, best wishes Viv and Rose

Ana_may365
26th March 2009, 20:49
hiya!welcome aboard:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:im just asking if u dont mind,why u want somebody to clean ur house while ur fiancee is in his job?if i were u make ur self busy,instead of looking for somebody to clean ur house why u cannot do it in ur own.open ur laptop and put it on any radio stations from phils and think that ur still in phils while ur busy to clean ur house.if u make ur self always busy u didnt feel bored:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

waljenforever32
29th March 2009, 17:43
hi mit'z we have same feelings....just arrive here last march 6 and feeling lonely sometimes.......what the best things i do is i just walk in the street to make me feel better.....coz my hubby can't walk that far coz he has a disability......and sometimes we stroll every sunday,me im walking and my hubby with his scooter.......and im also looking for a filipina friends to communicate with to make me feel better and at home.....coz eversince I arrive here in norwich I haven't seen filipina yet near in the place I live in Aylsham....

well this must be the life we have right now and we just have to enjoy it......
waljen's

cjmitch10
1st April 2009, 10:07
hello evryone....its me again mitzi.... yeah i am been looking really some friends, but until now can't find any... anyway my skype id: (catz_mitzeyez)

cjmitch10
1st April 2009, 10:08
hello i hope we can get in touch guys.... so we can be friends,,,

Pepe n Pilar
1st April 2009, 10:34
Hi Mitzi,

I know how you feel because i also feel the same way. I've been so eager to meet friends in my area eversince i arrived in the UK. As i've said in my first post i've gone to the library to get the brochures and learned about the courses offered. The University offers the computer course same as the one offered in learndirect. Last week i went to the Guildhouse Center - an Independent Centre for Adult Education & the Arts, (Classes and Clubs for Everyone)and filled up an application form and paid the tuition fee. Some requires 5 or 10 meetings. They have morning, Afternoon & Evening Classes.They offer all sorts of courses like foreign languages, arts & crafts, music and dance, belly dancing, pilates, yoga, french cookery, jewellery making, calligraphy, flower arranging, art history, painting & drawing, oil painting, how to write children's books, History, Words, American painting in the late 19th and 20th cent,
You can join social clubs like :friendly bridge club, knitting club, friday singers club,...etc.

Mid morning refreshments and light lunches are available for purchase at modest prices.
After our class we can go to the pantry and have some refreshments while chatting with friends.

Fees are affordable......

It's really fun, you will surely meet a lot of friends because i did....

Best of luck.....:)

lala
3rd April 2009, 17:08
Welcome to the forum Mitzi,

You will be alright in due time. When i first came here i felt the same way. There are loads of things to choose from just to make yourself busy. Go to the library/museum in your town and ask for leaflets they have short courses offered, enroll in a gym (you'll meet friends there),or register to be a member in associations in your area. They have members of diff nationalities of all ages(choose your age range), go to the leisure center in your area and join sports like badminton, swimming etc. You may enroll in computer course, some offers for only £64.00 and some £90.00 or go to a university and choose from among the courses you will enjoy and which you will benefit from when you look for a job in the future.

Be careful in hiring live-in workers or house cleaners bec i met someone who wanted to clean my house but i changed my mind when i learned from her that she is an overstayer.:doh

Live-in cleaner is not preferrable(well if you can afford it) but i just have a once a week cleaner for just 2 hrs per visit.

yeah, its too expensive to spend for cleaners..me? i just cleaned everyday...no expense at all....and you can welcome visitors at any time....no worries for the dust that you can write ur names on....and my hubby is a very tidy and clean person..he hates dirt....

be careful to those who wanted to clean as they will clean everything including ur portables :NoNo:

macbawheed
3rd April 2009, 23:03
hi.