PDA

View Full Version : help pls about flr application

jainaewen
24th March 2009, 18:04
hi everyone, i have a fiancee visa when i got here in the uk last year.. now were married with my fiance.
now am going to apply for flr set m but i havent got my passport ammended yet with my husbands lastname.. im confuse with the questions in the forms

1.1 your title
..should i use ms or mrs?

1.5 surname or family name?
.... what surname would i put?

1.6 any other names by which you are or have been known?

also in the signatures with the forms should i use my new signature ?

thanks really for your response in advance. :bigcry:

Pepe n Pilar
24th March 2009, 18:14
Hi Jaenaewen,

I also filed for FLR without my passport ammended yet.

1.1 Mrs.
1.5 Your surname, then attached your marriage certificate (photocopy)
1.6 other names by which you have been known for. (self explanatory)Names you are being called by your friends, relatives.

I signed the same as in the passport.

Best of luck on your application.
:)

kimmi
24th March 2009, 18:18
hi Jainaewen,

when I applied for FLR my passport is not yet ammended, even up to now..:D

1.1 your title
..should i use ms or mrs? I'VE USED MRS.

1.5 surname or family name? IVE PUT MY MARRIED NAME

IVE JUST PUT IN THERE MY MAIDEN NAME

IVE USED MY NEW SIGNATURE

hope it helps..Goodluck with ur application..:BouncyHappy:

Ann07
24th March 2009, 18:28
Hi dai left an offline message in your ym regarding ur query:)

Goodluck puhon:D

DianaKevy
24th March 2009, 18:42
hi everyone, i have a fiancee visa when i got here in the uk last year.. now were married with my fiance.
now am going to apply for flr set m but i havent got my passport ammended yet with my husbands lastname.. im confuse with the questions in the forms

1.1 your title

thanks really for your response in advance. :bigcry:

hello, i didnt ammend mine as well. the first question is your title should use miss and your surname use your maiden name coz those details are base on your passports info. and the signature use the one in the passport. everything should be the same in your passport. when are you going to apply for flr? goodluck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jainaewen
24th March 2009, 20:10
:) thank you all for your response ....God bless you all!

tiN
25th March 2009, 19:09
I have not ammend my passport also when i applied for flr, and as sis kimmi says thats what i did also... goodluck on ur application :Hellooo:

xebec
25th March 2009, 19:17
Daisy applied for FLR last November: a week after we got married. Passport with FLR arrived back about 2 weeks ago.

Reassured by advice on this forum that she could apply without changing her name on the passport we applied using her preferred married name, i.e. my surname, with her forename and family name. We showed other name as her unmarried name i.e. the name as in her passport.

After 14 weeks I chased up the application by phone and although the person I spoke to could not give any information by coincidence or by his chasing up the visa arrived a couple of days later.

Hope this helps

Geraldine
25th March 2009, 21:29
Hi Jainaewen,

Dont worry if your Phil passport is still in your maiden name, I got my citizenship this year without a problem even if my Phil passport was in my maiden name. You got your marriage certificate anyway.

Im my previous applications FLR/ILR/citizenship, I've used Mrs then whatever name in the Phil passport as name of applicant. Then known as other names - I always write my married name. No problems encountered even in supporting documents - some were in my married name, some in my maiden name.

But its up to you really if you got the time...you can change everything to your married name. I just can't be bother then to change mine :D

Arthur Little
26th March 2009, 01:04
I THINK, as long as you complete your application in accordance with the surname on your passport - irrespective of the fact that you've since wed - and use that name to sign the form, everything will be alright, providing you can produce your marriage certificate [or a copy] if needed by the authorities.

Jay&Zobel
26th March 2009, 21:22

1.1 your title

MRS (Ms are being used by widows or spinsters(?)

MARRIED NAME (Husband's Family name)

LEAVE IT BLANK (I left it blank when I filed my application)

Some notes:
Example: If Single, the complete name is: Miss Ana S. Cruz
1st Names: Ana
Mother's Maiden Name: Santos
Father's Name: Cruz

Now: with Married name (Husband's Surname: Smith) Fill up form as: MRS ANA SMITH
1st names: Ana
Middle Name: Leave this blank (forget your maiden name: Cruz)
Surname: SMITH

Hope this will make sense... in the UK Middle name is their 2nd name (not the mother's maiden name, as they normally do not use their mother's maiden name)...