PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

diana
24th March 2009, 21:40
My visa had ended in Sweeden and Im back to the philippines now, but I stayed beyond what I was allowed to ! now I want to apply for a fiance visa, me and my fiance met for several times in sweeden, and we have a plenty of photos ...etc. Will the time that I spent in sweeden after my visa was ended affect the application ? Is it possible for them to know about that ? any information will be appreciated.

mavid
24th March 2009, 21:46
I think it's quite possible for them to know that you overstayed your visa. Will it affect you fiance visa application? You will be questioned of course.

joebloggs
25th March 2009, 07:09
My visa had ended in Sweeden and Im back to the philippines now, but I stayed beyond what I was allowed to ! now I want to apply for a fiance visa, me and my fiance met for several times in sweeden, and we have a plenty of photos ...etc. Will the time that I spent in sweeden after my visa was ended affect the application ? Is it possible for them to know about that ? any information will be appreciated.

thou immigration information can be shared btw european countries

on the application form you are only asked if

if you have travelled outside your country,
have you ever been refused a visa for any country
Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years?

if no then you should be ok :rolleyes:

diana
25th March 2009, 16:25
thank you very much all.

IainBusby
25th March 2009, 18:53

Are you going to apply for a fiancee visa for the UK or for Sweden?

diana
25th March 2009, 19:09
Its to the UK Iainbusby.

diana
25th March 2009, 19:12
So any idea what is the best thing to do in this case ? thanks :)

kimmi
25th March 2009, 19:25
it will be better to say the truth sis Diana, for sure they will knowit when they conduct a background check with u..

Goodluck..:)

Bluebirdjones
25th March 2009, 19:49
Perhaps a really daft question.... but how do they know that you overstayed ?
Did the Swedish immigration people put an exit stamp in your passport ?..
... and point out that you had overstayed ?

I know a number of people who have overstayed their visa in the UK, BUT the
passport is NEVER inspected on the way out of the UK.

..... so it's only the entry stamp (the date) back into the Philippines that needs
to be explained

joebloggs
25th March 2009, 21:13
BUT the
passport is NEVER inspected on the way out of the UK.

not true, you've got a bigger risk being stopped at a London airport than the rest of the country, thou the chances of being stopped are still rare

and how can she explain about the landing stamp in her passport, i'm sure they can work out the length of her Swedish visa and the date she arrived back in the phils :doh

Bluebirdjones
25th March 2009, 22:36
Granted....
That's why I queried that the entry stamp would need to be explained.

So... next question / thought...

.... When a Filipino arrives home, and they get their passport stamped. is
that it ?
.. or is there an actual record made elsewhere of the returnee / and the date ?
.. is the passport scanned & recorded into a database ?

.... if the answer in NO, then what's to stop you "losing" that passport, reporting
it lost, and applying for a new one (without the "problem" re-entry stamp) ?

So, applicant has a new passport.... and you can say on the application, "Yes,
I've travelled to Sweden in the past & fully complied with the visa conditions".
If the British Embassy check with the Turnips ... they'll confirm that ..... unless
they DID actually stop you when leaving, and take note.

In that case you are Donald Ducked ..... no matter what.

Thoughts ?

diana
26th March 2009, 00:03
Well, that was something I was thinking about, that I claim a lost passport so they wont see any stamp. But what if I will be asked later why I didnt apply for the visa from sweeden ? Since its allowed to apply for fiance visa from abroad as long as you have some kind of a status in that country, in my case sweeden. In this case they might feel suspecious and they might conduct an immigration history check, and I heard immigration information can be shared between European countries.

joebloggs
26th March 2009, 06:40
Well, that was something I was thinking about, that I claim a lost passport so they wont see any stamp. But what if I will be asked later why I didnt apply for the visa from sweeden ? Since its allowed to apply for fiance visa from abroad as long as you have some kind of a status in that country, in my case sweeden. In this case they might feel suspecious and they might conduct an immigration history check, and I heard immigration information can be shared between European countries.

I don't think you apply for a UK settlement visa from Sweden unless your a resident of Sweden. so if you was a visitor then you cannot, so you must apply from the country where you are a legal resident.

rusty
26th March 2009, 10:00
So... next question / thought...

.... When a Filipino arrives home, and they get their passport stamped. is
that it ?
.. or is there an actual record made elsewhere of the returnee / and the date ?
.. is the passport scanned & recorded into a database ?

When travelling to EU countries all non EU residents have to fill out landing cards.

My understanding is that when you leave the Philippines you fill out a departure card and when returning to Philippines, everyone has to fill in a landing card, thefefore there will be a record of dates not just the stamps in passports.

How long did you overstay?

My advice is to always be truthful

Bluebirdjones
26th March 2009, 12:56
I guess the $64 question(s) is ....
... because this affects everything else ...

1. How long did you overstay (as Rusty asks)....
2. .... and are the Turnips actually aware that you overstayed ?

Take care

sunshine
26th March 2009, 15:45
just tell the truth...they will find out everything. they will do a thorough background check. i know someone who overstayed in one country but still granted a visa because they told the truth.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
26th March 2009, 19:45
if you say you lost your passport, then what evidence do you have that you and your b/f were ever in Sweden at the same time ?