PDA

View Full Version : i need your advice:

daryl
25th March 2009, 01:53
Hi everyone,

This is Daryl. I really need your advice. I had been a frequent visitor in this forum, though my concern is not about my man.

Last Sunday, I received an email from Mrs. Laura Weeks, telling me that she is interested to hire me as an aupair nanny in London. She is a very busy woman, as well as her husband that she needs to hire an aupair nanny as soon as possible. She actually saw my profile at penpals.de, though I didn't advertise my self as somebody whose looking for a job. But she emailed me anyway and offered me 550 pound every after two weeks as my salary and 150 pound per week as a self-keeping. I'll be taking care of her 2 daughters, ages 5 and 3 respectively. She said that she is working in an insurance company and her husband as a contractor and they both travel frequently, and a need for a nanny became an issue.

Anyway, yesterday, we chatted in ym. And she said that she is willing to pay my tickets from Philippines to UK as soon as my working visa is granted. All I need to pay is the processing fee for my visa which costs 250 pounds (17,500 pesos). She gave my a email address where I can ask them how to process my visa and what are the requirements needed. It's premiertravelagency@europe.com. So, I emailed the company and here is thier answer:

1.You will need to provide us with your full name,age,sex,marital status,Address,Country of Birth,Nationality,Occupation and Your valid international passport number for us to begin processing of your documents.
2.Fees:Please note that the working visa fee will cost you 255pounds including all tax charges which will be withdrawn from this amount so you dont need to worry about the payment of tax over here in Uk.

Note:We will like to also inform you that we will not be able to start processing of your documents until we recieve your application fee,this is due to the british aviation policy over here in uk in conjuction with the aviation board of directors.
We are very sorry for any delay or problem this might cause you our esteemed customer's.
Thank you for contacting us and our motive aim is to serve you better.
We hope to hear back from you soon madam.

Actually, before I emailed the agency, I was very positive about this thing, somebody approached me for a job that is very tempting. the mere fact that Mrs. Weeks will be paying me for an amount that I can never earned if i'll be staying here in the Philippines is like fulfilling my dream of giving a good life for my family. They said that I'll just be taking care of the kids after school and will do some light household chores and I can also have a part-time job in the hotels near their home. I have my own room with a T.V and a bathroom. This is actually a very promising job for me.

I am actually an educated person, i just graduated from college last year and I came from a reputable university. I might have a good future here if I'll just pursue my carrer but with that is happening in our economy and our country, nobody can blame me for dreaming to work in other country especially in UK.

But now that the agency has emailed me, I am having my doubts if I will pursue this or not. 17,500 is still 17,500 though i am willing to risk is as long as i am sure that this is not a scam or whatever. So now, I need your advice about this. Do you think that Europeans have still time to do this? I don't know far can 255 pounds go and Mrs. Weeks and the agency is wasting their time in fooling me (if ever this is really a scam) .

You know better than i am. I need some logic here coz if you ask me, i might as well grab this. I am desperate and that emotion might hinder me from thinking logically.

I hope to hear from all of you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Daryl

walesrob
25th March 2009, 02:25
Note:We will like to also inform you that we will not be able to start processing of your documents until we recieve your application fee,this is due to the british aviation policy over here in uk in conjuction with the aviation board of directors.
We are very sorry for any delay or problem this might cause you our esteemed customer's.???
Thank you for contacting us and our motive aim is to serve you better.????
We hope to hear back from you soon madam.

Daryl, it's a scam, a clever one at that. Don't send any money, you will be wasting your time.

Ji&Ma
25th March 2009, 03:21
But she emailed me anyway and offered me 550 pound every after two weeks as my salary and 150 pound per week as a self-keeping.

:dohFully agree with Rob - take a look at the money promised, gives you year total about £22k which is salary for highly skilled job...:omg::cwm24:

:censored: scammers:cwm23: But I have to admit - this one is really clever...:Brick:
Good on you that you have asked before you made next step...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th March 2009, 07:28
Au Pairs visa was closed recently

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf16aupairs

and was replaced by

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf28pbsyouthmobility

do you quailiy ??

Which countries are participating in the Youth Mobility Scheme?

So far, only Australia, Canada, Japan and New Zealand (countries listed in Appendix G to the Immigration Rules) have joined the YMS. However, you are also eligible to apply if you are a British Overseas Citizen, British Overseas Territories Citizen or a British National (Overseas).

Do I need a sponsor?

Yes. Applicants under Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) need a sponsor. The sponsor is your national government.

How do I apply for a visa?

First access the Self Assessment Points Calculator in order to see whether you have enough points to make a successful application. The tool will enable you to understand how you can score points and what documentary evidence you require.

Important!
You must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself of not less than £1600. You must provide documentary evidence to support this dated no earlier than one month before you apply for your visa.

Can my dependants join me in the UK?

No. Spouses or partners of YMS participants may not enter the UK as dependants but may enter if they qualify and obtain entry clearance in their own right under the YMS or qualify for entry in another capacity.

Dependent children are not permitted. You must have no children under the age of 18 who are either living with you or for whom you are financially responsible, that is, paying maintenance. You will be required to confirm on the application form that you have no children, as described above. Although no documentary evidence will be required in support of this confirmation, your application will be refused if evidence comes to light that you have not met this requirement.

save your money..

aromulus
25th March 2009, 07:34
You know better than i am. I need some logic here coz if you ask me, i might as well grab this. I am desperate and that emotion might hinder me from thinking logically.

I am afraid that it is a scam.:NoNo:

Lots of heartless people out there preying on the needs of others.:doh

As Joe said, save your money.

Bluebirdjones
25th March 2009, 09:37
Can I suggest you read an earlier thread.

Look in the "Help & Advice" section under "Nanny Helper"
dated 2 Feb 09

I think you'll recognise the "modus operandi"

..... same "story" ..... ie scam

Jay&Zobel
25th March 2009, 11:13
People are people... will do anything to get your money...

(Sigh) Good thing our moderators are really helpful... Daryl, hope you are ok...

stuartfarm
25th March 2009, 11:48
It’s a scam of course.

I saw a really frightening scam on the SOCO program on our TFC last week.

A woman was going round the villages telling people she could get them jobs in California picking apples . For P10,000 she would sort out the visa etc

When they turned up at the woman’s home with the money , they were bound and gagged then stabbed to death

Luckily the woman and her gang were eventually caught but not before they had killed quite a few people

gracia143
25th March 2009, 12:17
Hi Daryl! I know it could have been really good to learn that someone is wanting to hire you and just to learn from the guys on here that this is a scam. I'm glad you had the courage to ask for opinions as other people would just grab that chance. I think it is best to visit the POEA site too as all the legitimate agencies were listed there.

Keep safe!!!

daryl
26th March 2009, 03:02
thank you very much. now that I'm rationalizing things here, you are all correct. this is certainly a scam.

And don't worry. I'm perfectly okay. :) Just have to forget about all these things.

My mom was able to see that SOCO report about the death of 8 or 10 people (can't remember the number) and it was very terrifying.

Thank you very much Joebloggs for that information. I'll check the link later when I got thew chnace.

And, thank you for the advices.. really, it felt good to hear your opinions and concerns. :-)