PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to stop me....please?!

DaveUK
30th March 2009, 12:23
Well, I'm on the verge of having my 5 week holiday request from work approved so that I can get married to my beautiful fiancee at the end of the year.

Once I have the holiday approved, I'll be booking the flights.

Does anyone want to stop me, and I guess I'm appealing to the guys here, before it's too late.....please?! :)

Or should I just :ARsurrender: now and accept the inevitable?! :)

acs
30th March 2009, 12:32
:icon_lol:you make me smile with this...
Or should I just now and accept the inevitable?!
Go...Go...:luv13::love::xxgrinning--00xx3:
congrats in advance daveuk...:Hellooo:

james999
30th March 2009, 12:33
accept the inevitable and be married to a beautiful lady for the rest of your life or live life with regret , only one choice i see , good luck in married life

scott&ligaya
30th March 2009, 12:35
I think you will be stunned by the deafening slience, once a filipina has decided that you are HER MAN you have no chance, you are doomed to a life of happieness, contentment and sheer pride in your amazing asawa. :cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

DaveUK
30th March 2009, 12:36
I think you will be stunned by the deafening slience, once a filipina has decided that you are HER MAN you have no chance, you are doomed to a life of happieness, contentment and sheer pride in your amazing asawa. :cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

Damn! I thought as much! Not sure I'll be able to cope being that happy! :)

aposhark
30th March 2009, 12:36
Well, I'm on the verge of having my 5 week holiday request from work approved so that I can get married to my beautiful fiancee at the end of the year.

Does anyone want to stop me, and I guess I'm appealing to the guys here, before it's too late.....please?! :)

Dave,

Do you really think you have an option? :D
I mean really? :icon_lol:
Just get the overtime in, you will need it :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Florge
30th March 2009, 12:40
I do hope you are ready.... you're so so sure??? really really... absolutely sure??? hmmmm??? no turning back dude! LOL...

Congratulations in advance...go and get your princess!

Sim11UK
30th March 2009, 12:53
Go for it!!!!

You're both members here & seem happy.
I'm getting married later in the year & have absolutely no doubt in my mind...It's the right thing to do.

It'll be the making of you, I'm sure.

Are any of your family & friends going?

All the best to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

DaveUK
30th March 2009, 13:04
No friends or family will be there. Well, from my side anyway!

A couple of friends have said they'll be there, but unless they turn up on the day, I'm not holding my breath! :)

Mrs.JMajor
30th March 2009, 13:18

why are you having 2nd thought.....:Erm: lol

IainBusby
30th March 2009, 13:23
Go for it Simon and never look back mate, deep down you've known since the first time that you went to the Philippines and met Miriam, even as hurt and sceptical as you were back then, that this was inevitable.
Iain.

DaveUK
30th March 2009, 13:30
why are you having 2nd thought.....:Erm: lol

No second thoughts here. But mainly because there are no first ones either. I'm just blindly stumbling towards being forever happy and it scares me a little! lol :)

Go for it Simon and never look back mate, deep down you've known since the first time that you went to the Philippines and met Miriam, even as hurt and sceptical as you were back then, that this was inevitable.
Iain.

Aye, after that first trip, I think you were right mate! :) I guess I'm just preparing myself for the fact I'll be asking for permission every time I want to do something once the lead, sorry I mean the ring, is on my finger! :)

Alan
30th March 2009, 14:12
Accept the inevitable mate. You are about to become ONE HAPPY MAN!!!!!

All the best to both of you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:):)

DaveUK
30th March 2009, 14:18
Accept the inevitable mate. You are about to become ONE HAPPY MAN!!!!!

All the best to both of you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:):)

Cheers mate :)

And thanks to everyone else for your congratulations :)

Piamed
30th March 2009, 15:55
Give it up Dave. Go quietly and succumb like the rest of us have! All the best dude!

Ann07
30th March 2009, 16:01
Wow so exciting now Dave:D Goodluck to you and Your lovely fiancee:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
30th March 2009, 16:03
Go!!!!!!!!!advance congratulation anyway

nids123
30th March 2009, 16:37
go for it and have a happy life forever with ur wife,goodluck for ur wedding soon.

DaveUK
30th March 2009, 16:45
Cheers everyone!

Just had my holiday approved by work, so on to booking the flights tonight! :)

aposhark
30th March 2009, 19:34
No friends or family will be there. Well, from my side anyway!

A couple of friends have said they'll be there, but unless they turn up on the day, I'm not holding my breath! :)

No problem Dave.
When you pay for the feast in her place you will have so many friends :icon_lol: You join a big family in the Phils on that wedding day :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

There were "friends" at our wedding that my wife didn't even know.
Funny how word gets around and a feast is hard for anyone to say no to.
The Filipino people are so non-confrontational that nobody said anything to the freeloaders (strangers), just a few quizzical looks and raised eyebrows......
Great fun coming your way. :icon_lol:

Ana_may365
30th March 2009, 20:25
hiya!dave,all the best to both of you:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:wheres the wedding ceremony and the reception at?:Erm:ha ha ha so that me and my hubby are one of ur visitors from england:yikes:we booked our flight today for dec.15th til jan.26/10.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

irobot
30th March 2009, 21:52
Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The REST...:Britain: "

Hey Hi ....DON`T DO IT... ok i lie alot...

Well Done Dave ........Congrat`s ... Good Luck, LongLife and HAPPYNESS To The Both Of You ....Phil...

DaveUK
31st March 2009, 01:02
hiya!dave,all the best to both of you:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:wheres the wedding ceremony and the reception at?:Erm:ha ha ha so that me and my hubby are one of ur visitors from england:yikes:we booked our flight today for dec.15th til jan.26/10.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Thanks Ana_may :)

I booked my flights earlier after work and I'm flying out the day after you guys with Cathay from Manchester to Cebu via Heathrow and HK :)

At the minute, other than it being in or around Talisay City, I have no idea where it's all going down, but you're welcome to join us! :) In the middle of checking out a few places at the minute, so should have a better idea in the next few weeks.

trader dave
5th April 2009, 00:40
i am making the same mistake in may :icon_lol:JOKE LANG
everything is booked and my dearest is arranging the wedding as we speak i would like to add that it is great when your wife has no family AT ALL small weddings are great :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:Cuckoo:

Jay&Zobel
5th April 2009, 12:08
DaveUK & Fiancee and Trader Dave & Fiancee,

Best wishes to you all!!! Congratulations!

DaveUK
5th April 2009, 12:53
DaveUK & Fiancee and Trader Dave & Fiancee,

Best wishes to you all!!! Congratulations!

Cheers :)

GaryFifer
5th April 2009, 14:34
Good luck and let us know how you get on. Love to see the pictures! How will have a stag night!

DaveUK
5th April 2009, 15:17
Good luck and let us know how you get on. Love to see the pictures! How will have a stag night!

No stag night here! I plan on quiet nights in before I'm pushed off the cliff! :)

Although what my friends have planned for me is anyone's guess! :yikes:

adam&chryss
5th April 2009, 16:08
Go for it mate!
I got married in Phil last year without any of my family or friends there. It may make you feel less nervous as I felt better than I thought.
Try to get a good photographer that will video the ceremony as well as the pre-nuptiual thingy.
That way when you return home your friends and family can see in live motion how you acted. Thats what we did and they loved it.
Good luck and have a great time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
5th April 2009, 16:21
Go for it mate!
I got married in Phil last year without any of my family or friends there. It may make you feel less nervous as I felt better than I thought.
Try to get a good photographer that will video the ceremony as well as the pre-nuptiual thingy.
That way when you return home your friends and family can see in live motion how you acted. Thats what we did and they loved it.
Good luck and have a great time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pre-nuptual thingy? Is that the part of the wedding where I run and she has to catch me before we can get married?! :)

adam&chryss
5th April 2009, 17:01
Something like that!
We went to NAYONG PILIPINO in Clark and had pictures taken wearing different clothes. Also they recorded a video and put music of our choice to it and made a dvd.
It`s great and something we dont do here.
I would recommend it as its great fun and good to look back upon.
Ask your soon-to-be wife and i`m sure she`ll give you all the details.

DaveUK
5th April 2009, 21:53
I'll add that to her list of things to do :D

Thanks for the tip!