PDA

View Full Version : life in the UK test

islander
1st April 2009, 17:02
hi everyone!

just want to ask if one can take the LIFE IN THE UK TEST anytime? or does it have to be 3 months prior to the expiration of the visa (spouse visa)?

My spouse visa will expire by june 2010, still far though, but I already want to take the test as early as possible to get it done & over with so there will be less worries in the future.

Thanks ahead for any reply!

Piamed
1st April 2009, 17:15
Hi amiga, long time. You can take it any time. I think Jassmine took and passed hers within 3 months of coming. Good luck.

Ann07
1st April 2009, 17:36
You can take it anytime Cheryl. I took mine last August 2008 and applied my ilr last month:D The earlier the better for me to escape the frezzin winter :D:icon_lol:

Goodluck:)

islander
1st April 2009, 18:43
to amigo & ann,

THANKS FOR YOUR INFO.

think i'll better start reading the book now, hehehe!

Ana_may365
1st April 2009, 19:24
same here sis!i get my residence permit for 2 years and i want to a test also.the problem is i dont know which place or school did i take the test which near here in my place.did anybody knows?:Erm:

DianaKevy
1st April 2009, 19:55
same here sis!i get my residence permit for 2 years and i want to a test also.the problem is i dont know which place or school did i take the test which near here in my place.did anybody knows?:Erm:

same here too. i started reading the book as well. i will be applying my ilr next yr december.

you can check your testing center with this link. just type your postcode. hope you can find it.
http://www.multimap.com/clients/places.cgi?client=ufitest

Ana_may365
1st April 2009, 20:52
thanks very much sis Diana:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

ANDRES25
1st April 2009, 21:04
Hi Islander, where can I get the book? I also want to study so I can take the test as soon as possible.

joebloggs
2nd April 2009, 01:36
Hi Islander, where can I get the book? I also want to study so I can take the test as soon as possible.

i think WH Smith sell it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
2nd April 2009, 06:47
hi everyone!

just want to ask if one can take the LIFE IN THE UK TEST anytime? or does it have to be 3 months prior to the expiration of the visa (spouse visa)?

My spouse visa will expire by june 2010, still far though, but I already want to take the test as early as possible to get it done & over with so there will be less worries in the future.

Welcome back Cheryl:BouncyHappy:
You need to prepare nah
Start reading your book or
read your book 2 weeks before your test (This is what I did)
It was bad because I sent my application 2 days before my visa expired:D
I wanted to apply ILR in just 1 day but not allowed anymore.
It was my fault for being so busy but then still lucky as it was approved.
No matter we will wait 3 months which is the longest I think. As long as it is approved.

Hope you'll pass the test and approve fast:xxgrinning--00xx3:

GOODLUCK!!!

alicat
2nd April 2009, 09:37

u can order from www.tsoshop.co.uk ,for information
on life in the uk test,visit www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk

Ann07
2nd April 2009, 14:49
i think WH Smith sell it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Got mine there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

islander
6th April 2009, 10:25

hi andres25,

i actually dont know where to buy the book, I just got mine from a filipina friend/ workmate who lend me her book coz she had her test long time ago & she's not using it anymore.

I actually still need to inquire if I got the right book to study or is there a new revision / book being released for those who will take the tests in the future.

islander
6th April 2009, 10:27
Welcome back Cheryl:BouncyHappy:
You need to prepare nah
Start reading your book or
read your book 2 weeks before your test (This is what I did)
It was bad because I sent my application 2 days before my visa expired:D
I wanted to apply ILR in just 1 day but not allowed anymore.
It was my fault for being so busy but then still lucky as it was approved.
No matter we will wait 3 months which is the longest I think. As long as it is approved.

Hope you'll pass the test and approve fast:xxgrinning--00xx3:

GOODLUCK!!!

thanks so much for your advice penny!

islander
6th April 2009, 10:38
i have some further inquiries...

i got here the
Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition (2007)
Author: The Home Office - Life in the UK Advisory Group
Publisher: TSO (The Stationery Office)

my question is, is this still the book that should be read if we want to take the life in the UK test? i think so... but i need confirmation from those who have just taken the test recently, hehehe!

also, it has a total of 9 chapters, do i need to read all these chapters/ or read from cover to cover?

any advice/ suggestions is greatly appreciated!

IainBusby
6th April 2009, 13:22

i got here the

my question is, is this still the book that should be read if we want to take the life in the UK test? i think so... but i need confirmation from those who have just taken the test recently, hehehe!

also, it has a total of 9 chapters, do i need to read all these chapters/ or read from cover to cover?

thanks ahead for your responses!

If you go to their website, www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk (http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/) That is still the version they are offering for sale on there so I think it must be.
Iain.

Ann07
6th April 2009, 16:56

i got here the

any advice/ suggestions is greatly appreciated!

They will get the questions from chapters 2 to 6:D When I took my test .But I read it all :doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

DianaKevy
6th April 2009, 18:59
thanks very much sis Diana:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

You are welcome Ana:)

islander
6th April 2009, 19:40
to: iain & ann,

thank you both for your replies...

sarahlee
11th April 2009, 13:21
hi everyone!

you can take anytime then start reading a book lifeintheuk book ,you can borrow in library or go to online testwww.lifeintheuktest,its really help that online and i had book too to read,so far i passed my exam first attemptxxxGood luck

emkaizt
11th April 2009, 14:19
Oh I am Just new to this Wbsite. :doh

islander
11th April 2009, 16:03
you can take anytime then start reading a book lifeintheuk book ,you can borrow in library or go to online testwww.lifeintheuktest,its really help that online and i had book too to read,so far i passed my exam first attemptxxxGood luck

thanks sarahlee!

by the way, welcome to the forum!