PDA

View Full Version : My wife has been called for an interview for her settlement visa in the UK.

mickcant
3rd April 2009, 05:13
:Help1:Hi all,
If anyone remembers I married my beautiful Filipina last April in 2008 in CDO, Philippines.:cwm38:
After needing up to date bank statements and my getting the other required documents and information together for a second visa application because of problems and a time delay with the first, my wife has been told to attend for an interview in the second week of April.
Is it somthing to worry over that she has been called for the interview?
Ought I to try and be there with her?:Erm:
A problem with my going there is that as she has been working away from CDO for the past year she will be going home for a week or two before coming to the UK, I am happy with that and would like to be there with her and then travel back to the UK together, but I cannot stay there that long, and could also use the money on some household items like a double bed and other bedroom furniture.
Also as I live on the Isle of Wight, and we do have Asian restaurants but cannot find a Filipino store so does anyone know of one in perhaps Portsmouth or Southampton?
Thanks, Mick.

mdmalonzo
3rd April 2009, 07:40
Here in Southampton there's the Chinatown shop in St. Mary's street....they have everything i need for my filipino and chinese cooking...there's also a filipino owned Perez' shop in Sherly...where she can buy filipino stuffs..even langgonisa....

Maria

ginapeterb
3rd April 2009, 07:52
Mick

You should not be overly worried about your wife being called in for a visa interview, the purposes generally of the visa interview is as you might have read to establish that your marriage is an ongoing subsisting marriage, and not a marriage of convenience for reasons of economic migration.

I suggest in the time you have got, you brief your wife on what she might expect, and explain to her, the reasons behind interviews, you can go to the Philippines if you wish and attend, however, your presence there for the money you spend will not amount to any useful purpose other than your wife telling the Entry Clearance Officer that my husband is waiting for me.

As you have said, spending that money on items required to co habit with your wife would be better served.

If you need help with your preparation for the visa interview, you can if you want ask your wife to navigate across to my site and read about visa interviews the type of format, and the likely questions that may be asked.

http://www.british-filipino.com

Then look for the Interview questions page, their is also some useful information on how Entry Clearance Officers work, what questions they might ask, and how an applicant might respond.

Bad preparation and bad support by UK Sponsor's is often the cause of refusal to issue a spouse visa, the applicant must present as genuine, she may do this by being honest and informed about her marriage to the sponsor.

You would need to impress upon your wife her duty to present well in front of the ECO and to answer well when asked questions regarding her relationship with you, also if you have family, I suggest your ensure your wife knows who your family are, what are their names, and something about them.

I also suggest you ensure, that your wife knows lots about you, your dislikes and likes, what sort of man you are, whilst these questions do not always form part of an interview, they are very often what we call fishing questions to see if the applicant really does know the sponsor.

And of course, it helps to give the ECO some evidence of a subsisting marriage so that a positive decison can be made.

In itself, I would not worry too much about visa interviews, its likely that some people will be called forward to attend, some may not, however in your case, your one of those whose wife has been picked out to attend.

With regard to Filipino Food issues, that can be sorted out on arrival, your main concern is ensuring your wife is well prepared for her visa interview, thats your main priority, and I wish you well with it.

Remember, there are no bad applicants, only badly advised applicants !

Best of Luck.

Ann07
3rd April 2009, 07:55
Goodluck to your wife's interview Mick. Im sure everything will be ok.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
3rd April 2009, 09:10
Hi there,
a few weeks ago there was athread by a member actually recounting the questions she was asked. I think it was in the Immigration section but cannot remember

I suggest you just stay here in the UK and follow Peters advice.

good luck

kimmi
3rd April 2009, 09:35
Goodluck on ur wife's visa interview Mick..I am sure she will gonna make it..:)

nids123
3rd April 2009, 10:05
hi mick goodluck for ur wife interview dont worry she will be fine

IainBusby
3rd April 2009, 10:07
Good Luck Mick. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Iain.

Mrs.JMajor
3rd April 2009, 13:02
Recently there is a member here just call for interview,and she made it,so dont worry about your wife,she'll be okay,
Good luck to her

vbkelly
3rd April 2009, 13:23
goodluck tell to your wife be confidence and relax

Piamed
3rd April 2009, 13:29
All the best mate!

tiN
3rd April 2009, 23:12
Goodluck to the interview:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

And my congatulations in advance:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

jbt
4th April 2009, 05:13
Goodluck and all the best!!!

aposhark
4th April 2009, 07:50
.............questions regarding her relationship with you, also if you have family, I suggest your ensure your wife knows who your family are, what are their names, and something about them.

I also suggest you ensure, that your wife knows lots about you, your dislikes and likes, what sort of man you are.........

One lady ("Princess" on this forum) was asked "what is his favourite colour?"

joebloggs
4th April 2009, 08:28
One lady ("Princess" on this forum) was asked "what is his favourite colour?"

green should be every pinoys fav colour :xxgrinning--00xx3:

'I've got a pocket full of pretty green
I'm gonna put it in the fruit machine ' -:icon_lol:

that cheeky city supporting liam gallagher has justed started a clothing range called pretty green :NoNo:

mickcant
5th April 2009, 08:23
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Hello again all,
Thank you Pete the Forum Moderator for the link to your website and the very useful information in it, I have noted the points and spoke to my wife on them and sent her the link so she can go through it at her convenience, then we will speak about her interview again before it to plan as much as possible, she does know that being honest and not quoting the website are important.
Thank you also to everyone for your good words of encouragement,
Mick. :BouncyHappy:

Jay&Zobel
5th April 2009, 11:57
She will be fine Mick! All the Best!!!