PDA

View Full Version : Flying together as british Citizens Finally !

ginapeterb
3rd April 2009, 05:50
Hi Guys and Girls,

This is our first chance to get away on a holiday and my nearest and dearest is very anxious to make use of that new shiny red book, you call a BRITISH PASSPORT !

So today, we leave for Heathrow Airport, but not going in the usual direction we normally go.

I think we are following the Boss, although we start in New York City, but later on to the one of the Boss's favorite destinations, Las Vegas, and a nice tour up through California, ending in Reno.

Its the first time, we can actually go somewhere on this holiday, without visa's being required and unfettered access to countries which normally represent aggravation.

Anyway, we are Away for a full 2 weeks over the Easter, I will be checking in on the forum as usual, how can one ever keep away, but wishing everyone else a great Easter holiday.

Best wishes to all Peter and Gina

aromulus
3rd April 2009, 06:05
Congratulations to Mrs Gina on getting the first stamp on her brand new Passport.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You both have a great time overthere....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh, and if you passing by lake Tahoe, Keith has left some wheel trims on his last trip, so if you would be so kind to bring them back.........:rolleyes:

ginapeterb
3rd April 2009, 07:57
Hahaha, funny you should mention it mate, actually we should be at Tahoe, around the 13th 14th April, I plan to drive up to Incline Village, and then around to Emerald Bay, but thanks for the best wishes, I have ordered a Grand Jerokee Laredo, so Gina should enjoy the ride around the States, got to do a few miles, lots of places to visit, I think she is very excited mate.

I think she dreamed of going to USA when she was a little girl, the day she watched HBO movies, and now its happening, not perhaps a big thing for you and me, but a very big thing for her.

Take care, and see you all back soon.

Ann07
3rd April 2009, 07:59
Wow, Goodluck and Congrats to your wife MOD, Ma'am Gina:D.

Enjoy your holiday po:)

aromulus
3rd April 2009, 08:11
If you happen to drive down Arizona way...... Don't miss Monument Valley, Sedona, Jerome and Cave Creek......

And some Native American silver jewellery (Navajo and Hopi) would be a beautiful souvenir from there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Too many places so little time....:doh

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

KeithD
3rd April 2009, 08:43
:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

I take it the New York bit is for Gina's shopping? :icon_lol:

Our friend lives in Carson City (met her in Vegas last month), just South of Reno.....make sure you visit LAKE TAHOE, and have the camera ready.

If you're driving, don't forget you can turn right even on a red light if it is clear to do so, otherwise you'll annoy the natives.

We go back to Vegas in May :D

scott&ligaya
3rd April 2009, 08:58
Enjoy your trip, I think a lot of Filipinos are enamoured with the US, Ligaya certainly enjoyed LA LA Land as I expected but actually really fell in love with the lakes, fishing, humting and jeat ski ing we did in Maine..... as well as the shopping and the Boston Lobster, yummy. Even at @1.48 at least your gas will still be cheap for touring.

kimmi
3rd April 2009, 09:30
hi Kuya Peter and Ate Gina,

Hope u have a good holiday in USA..and wishing u all the best on April 10 Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp::BouncyHappy::REDancedancer08::Beer::333:

ginapeterb
3rd April 2009, 10:18
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your kind words of well wishing, to Answer Mod Aromulus, cheers mate, actually, your right, I have booked us a day over to the Grand Canyon, this will be my 3rd visit, I think it is a must see for anyone, I remember nothing prepares you for the canyon.

I would want to get to Monument Valley, not sure if we have enough time for that one, and of course Glen Canyon, Bryce Canyon, not sure either if we will make those.

To answer the Boss, yes New York is for the shopping, whereas would my Gina be happy if not in Shopping heaven.

We have 3 days in New York, followed by a day in Washington D.C. I promised Gina the White House, and the White House she will see, I promised her Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills and Rodeo drive she will see.

I promised her the Golden Gate bridge, and that also she will see, I think I have promised her rather a lot, so its going to be a hectic schedule of visits, and I am looking forward to going back to Tahoe, its been a long while, most of my money in the last 4 years has been spent going out to Philippines, this will make a pleasant change going in the opposite direction for once.

We have to make use of that little Red book, and get a stamp in it.

Hehehe, oh well if it pleases the ladies, why not do it, thanks Guys for all your best wishes and the ladies too, its been a long wait, but finally like all these things it comes around eventually, if you wait long enough.

Incidentally MOD Aromulus, Gina still has a Navajo hand made blanket, I bought 8 years ago, in Arizona, which I sent to Philippines, now I said to her, you can see where I bought your blanket !

Oh well its off to Heathrow in 1 hour, usual aggravation checking in, waiting, and security, more security, and no liquids in your hand luggage.

I cant wait !!!!

ginapeterb
3rd April 2009, 10:20
And its nice to see my little long lost sister Kimmi has wished us well, maraming salamat kapitid na babae.....! hope you are also enjoying your life in Gordon Brown's world saving United Kingdom, I think 1 Trillion dollars has something to do with it.

Lets hope we have a better life.

alicat
3rd April 2009, 10:26
wow...its one of my dream too..hopefully soon,i can visit usa..
im happy for her..have a good holiday in usa.

IainBusby
3rd April 2009, 10:56
ENJOY......

Iain.

Mrs.JMajor
3rd April 2009, 12:54
Wowowow,sarap naman,have fun british couple :D:Hellooo:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (dreaming here)

vbkelly
3rd April 2009, 12:58
wow that's good news enjoy your holiday!

Piamed
3rd April 2009, 13:34
Have an excellent and safe hols!

ANDRES25
3rd April 2009, 14:56
COOL!!! that's awesome! CONGRATULATIONS to u both and have a wonderful holiday!!!

cheesewiz
3rd April 2009, 23:34
have a good holiday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

my BF wants us to go to France for a long weekend holiday this coming Easter he said we're going to drive around France since I can drive we can do it alternately. Sounds exciting bec I never been to any EU county other than UK...but he's disappointed bec I can't travel bec my passport still in the HO.

Anyway, i am more excited going to Phils this year than going somewhere else I am saving every penny for my long holiday to my homeland:cwm12:

islander
5th April 2009, 09:41
ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS!

make the most of your british passport...

Jay&Zobel
5th April 2009, 11:53
Have fun in the US of A!

Gina is such a lucky woman, so are you having her... lol! Have a great Easter!

DianaKevy
5th April 2009, 12:45
Wow thats nice!Congratulations to you both mod with your MRS.:):xxgrinning--00xx3: Have a nice Easter holiday.Have fun!:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::huepfen024: