deaky
3rd April 2009, 10:16
new to this,
can anyone tell me of a good balikbyan box supplier in the uk please

Iain

alicat
3rd April 2009, 10:19
try this one,http://www.jirehcargo.co.uk/service.html, i used that company last
year before xmas,so far so good,just phone them.

aromulus
3rd April 2009, 18:35
new to this,

Iain

We sent two boxes in the middle of January and they are being delivered next monday or tuesday.

We tracked them yesterday as they were being released from customs...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.forexcargouk.com/

Good luck.

Mrs Daddy
3rd April 2009, 18:50
how much was it dom?i have paid about 115 pound for mine...

Jay&Zobel
3rd April 2009, 18:54

how big was the package? weight and all? thanks

Mrs Daddy
3rd April 2009, 19:01
quite big enough zobel that I could fit in it curled up:D and its from our local asian shop :) any plans for having one if so go for large one as they said!

aromulus
3rd April 2009, 19:11

1 large box and free bulilit box it came at £110.

if you look on the link, I posted, it seems to be cheaper now.

Mrs Daddy
3rd April 2009, 19:14
tnx dom:)

Jay&Zobel
3rd April 2009, 19:21
how big was the package? weight and all? thanks

quite big enough zobel that I could fit in it curled up:D and its from our local asian shop :) any plans for having one if so go for large one as they said!

1 large box and free bulilit box it came at £110.

if you look on the link, I posted, it seems to be cheaper now.

aww thank you... so it's not measured by weight, but by height/size...cool... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

with Dom's link:

LUZON B = Bicol: Camarines N/Sur the Mega Box is £130... hmmm... might consider doing this... or is it worth it? :Erm: maybe sending £130 cash is better than sending packages? that's why I am still hesistant sending one... any tips?

Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
3rd April 2009, 19:33
aww thank you... so it's not measured by weight, but by height/size...cool... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

The weight is immaterial, it is by box size worked out by cubic foot/metre....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

with Dom's link:

LUZON B = Bicol: Camarines N/Sur the Mega Box is £130... hmmm... might consider doing this... or is it worth it? :Erm: maybe sending £130 cash is better than sending packages? that's why I am still hesistant sending one... any tips?

Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It is up to you really.

For many people the receiving of a balikbayan box is more of an occasion than receiving money.:NoNo:
Don't forget that item labelled made in UK or somewhere in the EU or Usa are prized and shown off to the whole Barangay.
Sometime is matter of "Face"....:omg:

In our bulilit box, apart from other bits and bobs, we put a Black and Decker laser Jigsaw, a belt sander with spare belts, A hammer drill with more spare drill bits than anyone can imagine and other "Stanley" tools.

So I just hope now, that Customs ain't going daft......:doh

joebloggs
3rd April 2009, 19:33
We sent two boxes in the middle of January and they are being delivered next monday or tuesday.

We tracked them yesterday as they were being released from customs...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck.

today the misses family on Palawan got the 3 boxes that we had picked up on the 17th of jan, but they didn't ship them til the end of jan..

all 3 got there ok, no damaged and no tax/duty to pay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
3rd April 2009, 19:35
we had picked up on the 17th of jan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Same date as us............:Erm:

Spooky or what........???:omg:

Jay&Zobel
3rd April 2009, 19:37
The weight is immaterial, it is by box size worked out by cubic foot/metre....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It is up to you really.

For many people the receiving of a balikbayan box is more of an occasion than receiving money.:NoNo:
Don't forget that item labelled made in UK or somewhere in the EU or Usa are prized and shown off to the whole Barangay.
Sometime is matter of "Face"....:omg:

In our bulilit box, apart from other bits and bobs, we put a Black and Decker laser Jigsaw, a belt sander with spare belts, A hammer drill with more spare drill bits than anyone can imagine and other "Stanley" tools.

So I just hope now, that Customs ain't going daft......:doh

yep you are absolutely right, the heavier the better, the most costly the better... good tips! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheers again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
3rd April 2009, 19:59
I'm using a company called ALSOMAVIC CARGO UK Ltd.

It is a door to door cargo service from UK to Philippines.

3 small boxes (42x50x65 cm high) for £120.00 anywhere in the Philippines.

The main office is in London. :)

joebloggs
3rd April 2009, 20:43
Same date as us............:Erm:

Spooky or what........???:omg:

yes i don't remember sending wine and an Italian flag :Erm:

:D

not the same company dom, we used some pinoy company and i don't think they have online tracking :icon_lol:

IainBusby
3rd April 2009, 21:39

Good luck.

Did they happen to say if there was anything left in them Dom.

Iain.

pennybarry
4th April 2009, 14:52
new to this,

Iain

I have sent one last year thru Pearl Pearl c/o Vicky and agent Geogia Oriental and Filipino Foods Newcastle.
Same this year and paid 90£:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gemini63
4th April 2009, 23:08
have sent mine end of feb. jumbo box size34x24x27 for £130.Price more higher coz going to davao city.Normally if just in luzon its only £90 , but have a free bulilit size 23x18x16 . They have 10 kls rice free too as their promotion.I sent thru an agent from frome.

serenity
14th May 2009, 10:19
I'm using a company called ALSOMAVIC CARGO UK Ltd.

It is a door to door cargo service from UK to Philippines.

3 small boxes (42x50x65 cm high) for £120.00 anywhere in the Philippines.

The main office is in London. :)

Hi Tin....

Just read this message regarding ALSOMAVIC CARGO. Have you been using this Cargo business?? I am sending two boxes with them for the first time and are there services good and most importantly does the box arrived intact?? Because of time contraints I did not have time to search for any balikbayan boxes...an acquiantance offered to use this service but I just read lastnight some not good review regarding their services :yikes: Google search ALSOMAVIC CARGO and click on the lonely planet link.

I was just wondering if it was only a one or two bad incident. Because I already pack two large boxes and waiting for them to pick it up on Saturday.
And it would be really dissapointing if I have to unpack it again after all the time I spent in wrapping them properly:NoNo:

Hope you can enlighten me with this thanks...

serenity:Hellooo: