PDA

View Full Version : Social Security System - Philippines

Bluebirdjones
6th April 2009, 16:33
Have searched, but apart from the Zobel "Maternity Benefits" and link (greatly appreciated & thks),
see no reference to this ..... namely ...

What are the benefits (or disadvantages) of continuing (or dis-continuing) your SSS payments after
moving to the UK ?

Also...(to start)
1. Can you take a payment "holiday" ?
2. Can you retrospectively pay ?
3. I assume the "retirement" age is 60...... and is it the same pay-out for all, or means-tested. or
dependent on contributions ?
4. If married..... do the benefits "transfer" in the event of death ?
5. Anyone know the actual address/phone no. of the Davao office ... the link on the SSS site doesn't
work.

That's it folks
:REGamblMoney01HL1:

Mrs.JMajor
6th April 2009, 19:17
here it is....bluebird http://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/index.html

i can answer some of your question

1)NO
4) AS LONG AS WHO DEPENDANT SHE PUT ON HER FILE
5)I GIVE YOU THE LINK
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH

islander
6th April 2009, 19:57
I can share to you what i did with my SSS account...

I already got 7yrs. of SSS contributions when i resigned from work before i got here in UK. As what I've known as long as you have 10yrs. of SSS contribution, you are already qualified for a pension at the age of 60yrs. old. So what I did, I continued my SSS contribution thru voluntary payment, I pre-signed/filled up SSS forms ahead & left it with my family in Phils. & asked them to pay my SSS contributions quarterly in my behalf. Although I'm planning to stop it as soon as I got a total of 10yrs. contribution, made me confident enough that I can claim pension in the future.

As what I've known you can't restrospectively pay what you have missed payments before.

Hope this gives you a little idea!

Bluebirdjones
6th April 2009, 20:59
Appreciate that.

... so, if I understand this correctly, only after a minimum 10yrs of contributions
do you qualify at 60 for a pension.
I assume that there is a sliding scale ?
ie if u contributed for 15, 20, 25 years, you receive a higher payout than the "standard" ?
(otherwise, why continue to contribute after yr 10)

Re; Link...... is it me, because I cannot get the link to open regarding the provincial,
regional & overseas offices.