PDA

View Full Version : Passed the Life in the UK test

Pepe n Pilar
7th April 2009, 19:17
I passed the Life in the UK test this morning. Only 8 examinees are allowed per batch. I was there 11:15 but my schedule was at 12noon.

We waited in the lounge and one by one were called to go to the room and presented our passports and paid £34.00.There were 4 practice questions to answer and we were asked to raised our hands once we're done then clicked on start. The time limit given is 45 minutes to answer 24 questions.

There were some questions that i didn't find in the book that i read.

As soon as I finished I looked at the screen and it says 38 mins left and so I reviewed 3 times (clicked on previous) before i clicked on finish. There were 22 mins left but I was confident on my answers. Test results were distributed right after. I was asked to sign the test results. I signed my married name and presented the photocopy of my M.C. (I brought the original with me). I thought of this before hand as my passport is not yet ammended.:)

mavid
7th April 2009, 19:22
Wow Iye! Congratulations...that's impressive you clever girl! Very detailed account of the day too...helpful for those who will take the test.

kimmi
7th April 2009, 19:24
Congratulations sis Shelly.. I am so happy for u..:)

Ana_may365
7th April 2009, 19:26
congrats!to u sis:xxgrinning--00xx3:wish i pass it also in the next couple of months if im take the test:bigcry:coz as of now were busy to our racing pigeons and greyhounds.

pennybarry
7th April 2009, 19:27
Congrats Yeh. I'm happy for you.

Next step: Ready your 750£ or 950£ if one day process.:D

After 6 mos./ 1 year, another 700£+ for British passport. :doh

We can do it!

Cheers!!!!:BouncyHappy:

Pepe n Pilar
7th April 2009, 19:31
Thanks Mavid. That is so sweet of you...........:)

When i was in the car my husband told me he chatted with the bf of one of the examinees and told him his gf failed the test.

I noticed one of the guys in the waiting lounge reading a book same as my small blue book but his has a green color on the edge.

Ann07
7th April 2009, 19:40
Well done iye:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Celebrations :D:D

Ann07
7th April 2009, 19:41

We can do it!

Thats the old fee:doh they increase it now :Erm::Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
7th April 2009, 19:42
Thanks Sis Kimmi..:)

To Ana May 2 weeks review is good enough as long as you dedicate that full time reading. I had started few months back but i didn't take it seriously for i thought my FLR just started. I had seriously gave time to it just 2 weeks before my schedule.

Goodluck to you Ana May:)

Pepe n Pilar
7th April 2009, 19:45
Well done iye:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Celebrations :D:D
We will celebrate once your baby arrives....double celebration:Hellooo:

Goodluck and wish for your safe delivery...:)

Ann07
7th April 2009, 19:47
We will celebrate once your baby arrives....double celebration:Hellooo:

Goodluck and wish for your safe delivery...:)

Hahahaha thats too long i still got 9 weeks to go:icon_lol::icon_lol: But thats good thinking batman:D Why not?:D

Thanks :D The midwife said it could be a big baby again:doh:doh :doh:doh Will see my midwife again tomorrow:doh

Pepe n Pilar
7th April 2009, 19:49

We can do it!

Thanks Penny..
Yes we can do it!....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Is it £820 for ILR i guess they increase it from £750 to £820? correct me if i'm wrong. Yea and for the citizenship we can apply at the same time,. right?:)

tiger@tigress
7th April 2009, 20:43
Congratz

girl england
7th April 2009, 21:12
Congratulations Shelly

Ana_may365
7th April 2009, 21:17
Thanks Sis Kimmi..:)

To Ana May 2 weeks review is good enough as long as you dedicate that full time reading. I had started few months back but i didn't take it seriously for i thought my FLR just started. I had seriously gave time to it just 2 weeks before my schedule.

Goodluck to you Ana May:)

hiya!thanks sis.:BouncyHappy:

tiN
7th April 2009, 22:35
Thanks Penny..
Yes we can do it!....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Is it £820 for ILR i guess they increase it from £750 to £820? correct me if i'm wrong. Yea and for the citizenship we can apply at the same time,. right?:)

It is indeed:NoNo::furious3::furious3:

Congratulations for passing the test:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: well done u:Hellooo::Hellooo:

misscarie
7th April 2009, 22:51
Well done itsme_iye :xxgrinning--00xx3: and goodluck for another fee :D :doh

Pepe n Pilar
7th April 2009, 23:09
Thank you tiger&tigress, girl england, TiN and Misscarie.:)

Yea you're right Misscarie new fees took effect yesterday April 6. I still have 14 months to save ....:)

georyz
7th April 2009, 23:15
congrats Iye :)

gemini63
8th April 2009, 08:22
Congratulation iye...Im so happy that you did it.So it means your not busy anymore for the reviews your doing for the test, coz its done now.Good luck for the next move..

Alan
8th April 2009, 10:39
Hi Shelly. Many congratulations from Hanna and I. Well done!!!!

Al.:)

Pepe n Pilar
8th April 2009, 13:59
thanks georyz..:)

To Gemini63.....Hello Ema, yea i'm glad it's all over now. I'm busy with other things, i have to divert my attention to other interests. We never stop searching for something that interests us and learning new things isn't it? How are you doing? When are you going back to the Phils?

To Prof. Alan, Thanks.. Give my regards to Hanna.:)

islander
8th April 2009, 15:29
congrats iye!

thanks also for sharing your experience.... i'm thinking of taking the test soon, had started reading now!

charlwill
8th April 2009, 15:40
Hi, Shelly. Well done and my congratulations to you. Hope to chat to you soon. Cheers.

Pepe n Pilar
8th April 2009, 16:02
congrats iye!

thanks also for sharing your experience.... i'm thinking of taking the test soon, had started reading now!

You're welcome Islander. When does your FLR expires? yea do start reading while you got enough time at least you won't do cramming as what others did. The test is easy:xxgrinning--00xx3:. I was nervous :dohwhen i saw a question i didn't find in my book but just answered i thought was right. I wanted to have perfect score but, it doesn't indicate our socres in the results. What is impt is to pass the test:)....BTW there was a question that refers to 2 answers.

Goodluck.

alicat
8th April 2009, 16:04
well done,congratulations

Pepe n Pilar
8th April 2009, 16:04
Thanks Charl. I hope everything is well with you.

God Bless
:)

Pepe n Pilar
8th April 2009, 16:09
well done,congratulations

Thanks Alicat:)

Sconnie
8th April 2009, 16:13
Congratulations.......:xxgrinning--00xx3::smileybigtmouth:

ANDRES25
8th April 2009, 16:20
GOOD JOB!!! congrats!!!

Mrs Daddy
8th April 2009, 16:41
congrats another clever girl in town :D

Mrs.JMajor
8th April 2009, 17:37
congratz, i know from the start your smart,keep up:xxgrinning--00xx3:

acs
8th April 2009, 18:14
congrats itsme_iye

Pepe n Pilar
8th April 2009, 21:26
Thanks Sconnie, Andres25, and acs..:)

To Mrs Daddy, yea i'm glad to be a member of this forum, bunch of clever people.....:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Thanks Juliet, awww that's so sweet....:)

pennybarry
9th April 2009, 06:57
Thats the old fee:doh they increase it now :Erm::Erm:

Is that JoeBlogs updates?:D

Pepe n Pilar
9th April 2009, 13:16
Hi Penny,
The full list of new fees can be found on UK Border Agency Website..

http://www.immigrationmatters.co.uk/steep-rise-in-immigration-fees.html.

islander
9th April 2009, 16:22
You're welcome Islander. When does your FLR expires? yea do start reading while you got enough time at least you won't do cramming as what others did. The test is easy:xxgrinning--00xx3:. I was nervous :dohwhen i saw a question i didn't find in my book but just answered i thought was right. I wanted to have perfect score but, it doesn't indicate our socres in the results. What is impt is to pass the test:)....BTW there was a question that refers to 2 answers.

Goodluck.

I'm on spouse visa which will expire on june 2010, still far tho, but I'm planning to take it as soon as possible to get it over & done with. It's nice to hear positive feedback like what you've said, makes us less worried when it will be our turn soon.

anyway, thanks & good luck for your next step...

DianaKevy
9th April 2009, 20:24
Congratulations to you:BouncyHappy::REDancedancer08:

sarahlee
10th April 2009, 18:47
wow congrats to you,
ya im preparing a 1020 for indefinite leave to remain,hopefully im granted too,
again congratsxxxxx

We waited in the lounge and one by one were called to go to the room and presented our passports and paid £34.00.There were 4 practice questions to answer and we were asked to raised our hands once we're done then clicked on start. The time limit given is 45 minutes to answer 24 questions.

There were some questions that i didn't find in the book that i read.

As soon as I finished I looked at the screen and it says 38 mins left and so I reviewed 3 times (clicked on previous) before i clicked on finish. There were 22 mins left but I was confident on my answers. Test results were distributed right after. I was asked to sign the test results. I signed my married name and presented the photocopy of my M.C. (I brought the original with me). I thought of this before hand as my passport is not yet ammended.:)[/QUOTE]

LEAHnew
11th April 2009, 03:52
Congrats sis, well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
11th April 2009, 17:00
Congratulations to you:BouncyHappy::REDancedancer08:

Thanks DianaKevy. When are you going to take the test? Best of luck.:)

wow congrats to you,
ya im preparing a 1020 for indefinite leave to remain,hopefully im granted too,
again congratsxxxxx

:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you Sarahlee. You will surely be granted the ILR for as long as you submit the required documents. Goodluck on your application.:)

Congrats sis, well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Sis Leah..:)

pennybarry
12th April 2009, 09:52
Hi Penny,
The full list of new fees can be found on UK Border Agency Website..

http://www.immigrationmatters.co.uk/steep-rise-in-immigration-fees.html.

Thanks Yeh:D How about British Passport fee? I'm lazy searching:doh That will be my next step to sort:bigcry:

Pepe n Pilar
12th April 2009, 13:25
Thanks Yeh:D How about British Passport fee? I'm lazy searching:doh That will be my next step to sort:bigcry:

Hi Penny, don't feel lazy. God said...

God helps those who help themselves..

Seriously, here's the link my friend.

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/fees.asp.

For sure you'll sort them out. For as long as funds are available then there will be no worries.

Best of luck....:)

pennybarry
13th April 2009, 11:05
Hi Penny, don't feel lazy. God said...

God helps those who help themselves..

Seriously, here's the link my friend.

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/fees.asp.

For sure you'll sort them out. For as long as funds are available then there will be no worries.

Best of luck....:)

Thanks Yeh.:D
If I feel knackered, I feel lazy. Dinner in bed then died quietly:action-smiley-081:

Pepe n Pilar
14th April 2009, 10:28
Thanks Yeh.:D
If I feel knackered, I feel lazy. Dinner in bed then died quietly:action-smiley-081:

You must be very very tired Penny.....dinner in bed?....
died quietly?:Erm:.....u mean u retire to bed early....:):Hellooo:

Take care

pennybarry
14th April 2009, 16:07
You must be very very tired Penny.....dinner in bed?....
died quietly?:Erm:.....u mean u retire to bed early....:):Hellooo:

Take care

Yes Yeh, I go to bed mostly at 6-7 p.m. Then I wake up at 5 a.m. I'm really an early to bed early to rise:D But if hubby is at home, he awakes me/ pinch me:D :censored:if there's good movie/program to watch.
Thanks there's no ants here, we can eat in bed:action-smiley-081:

Jay&Zobel
14th April 2009, 16:10
Well done you!

Pepe n Pilar
14th April 2009, 16:40
Yes Yeh, I go to bed mostly at 6-7 p.m. Then I wake up at 5 a.m. I'm really an early to bed early to rise:D But if hubby is at home, he awakes me/ pinch me:D :censored:if there's good movie/program to watch.
Thanks there's no ants here, we can eat in bed:action-smiley-081:

I know there are no ants here:). I still prefer to eat on the table and with the settings on. Even if i am alone i still do the table settings. I'm just used to it.:)But if i'm in the bedroom watching tv i use the coffee table there when having breakfast.
Penny going to bed at 6-7pm is very early. Our dinner time is at 6:30:).
You must be working so hard Dear..

Take care

Well done you!

Thanks Zobel..:)

pennybarry
14th April 2009, 17:05
[QUOTE=itsme_iye;127805]I know there are no ants here:). I still prefer to eat on the table and with the settings on. Even if i am alone i still do the table settings. I'm just used to it.:)But if i'm in the bedroom watching tv i use the coffee table there when having breakfast.

Take careQUOTE]

I used to dine in the table too Yeh, but when I came here, I was surprised! Dad makes breakfast for Mom and brings to bed. Then hubby do the same. They are already awake but still in bed. I think it's fine, they are both retired and pensioner. But hubby is feeling retired too but never yet a pensioner.:D
At night, I used to watch Simpsons at 6:00 and after that, I feel very sleepy na:doh. I used to work hard eversince, in Pinas, I worked part time in a travel agency,, part time in a real estate, and running my internet cafe. But had 2 staffs who helped me ran the shop. But I must sleep early, or if not early, I must have my siesta (afternoon sleep) our common tradition:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Take care and God Bless!

RedSquirrel
26th April 2009, 13:23
What review materials did you use for the exam? Were they helpful?

Pepe n Pilar
26th April 2009, 20:37
What review materials did you use for the exam? Were they helpful?

Hi RedSquirrel, i read these books:

1) Life in the United Kingdom - A Journey to Citizenship (The official publication valid for tests taken from April 2007).

2) Life in the UK Test - Study Guide ( The essential study guide for British citizenship & settlement tests) inclues practice test software - CD ROM.

These 2 reading materils are colored blue.
When are you going to take the test?

Best of luck!

Pepe n Pilar
26th April 2009, 20:53
[QUOTE=itsme_iye;127805]I know there are no ants here:). I still prefer to eat on the table and with the settings on. Even if i am alone i still do the table settings. I'm just used to it.:)But if i'm in the bedroom watching tv i use the coffee table there when having breakfast.

Take careQUOTE]

I used to dine in the table too Yeh, but when I came here, I was surprised! Dad makes breakfast for Mom and brings to bed. Then hubby do the same. They are already awake but still in bed. I think it's fine, they are both retired and pensioner. But hubby is feeling retired too but never yet a pensioner.:D
At night, I used to watch Simpsons at 6:00 and after that, I feel very sleepy na:doh. I used to work hard eversince, in Pinas, I worked part time in a travel agency,, part time in a real estate, and running my internet cafe. But had 2 staffs who helped me ran the shop. But I must sleep early, or if not early, I must have my siesta (afternoon sleep) our common tradition:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Take care and God Bless!

HI Penny, your hubby is feeling retired too? :Erm: Same with me:Erm::):Hellooo::Jump:

You enjoy working eh!... I used to do that as well. I had the 8-5 job before i tried my luck in business. I had it running for 24 hrs ( 2 shifts ) but decided to just close it at 10pm.
I can tell how you feel:). It's tiring and stressful. There are advantages and disadvantages in having your own business. You have your own time and so if you want to have siesta you can do but you also have to consider the business rely entirely on yourself. That is from salaries & wages of your people, cost cutting, product awareness, and the most impt is how to make profit:Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:.:prosper:
Take care:).