PDA

View Full Version : Extending a tourist visa?

resnic123
10th April 2009, 22:51
Hi everyone.

Its been a while.

I have qusetion about tourist visa.

My girlfriend is currently with me in the UK on her second tourist visa which is to expire at the start of june and she will return to the Philippines.

Does anyone know if it is possible to extend a tourist visa from the uk?
I heard it is possible but not sure how to go about doing it.

Ingat

Have a nice day

Mrs.JMajor
10th April 2009, 23:01
Possible to extend :Erm: I DONT THINK SO! all i know once her visa will expired she really need to go back home:cwm24:

So why keep on getting visit visa ,seems you are in good terms,why not apply for fiancee or spouse,IMHO

joebloggs
10th April 2009, 23:16
your only allowed to be in the uk the max of 6 months (or til your visa expires- which ever is less) in 1 trip,

and you shouldn't by in the uk more than 6 months in the last year.

not possible to extend her stay..

Mrs.JMajor
10th April 2009, 23:26
My girlfriend is currently with me in the UK on her second tourist visa which is to expire at the start of june and she will return to the Philippines.

Is she on 6 months visit visa ? or 2 years multi visit visa?

resnic123
11th April 2009, 00:09
Hi Jmajor and Joe.

My GF is on a 6 months Tourist Visa which ends on June 2nd.
She is due to fly home on the 1st of June.

I guess she will just have to return home.

Thanks

Mrs.JMajor
11th April 2009, 00:33
Yeah,when i saw Joe reply i thought of asking how many months she is on her passport,

Jenky
11th April 2009, 06:40
My Wife who was then my girlfriend came to the UK 3 times on a tourist visa before she got her settlement visa a few days ago.We never had a problem getting them mainly because our kids were left behind in the Fil so there was always a valid reason for her to return. But they will not allow your GF to effectively live in the UK on a succession of tourist visas. If you keep trying to do that she will probably get refused at some point. Like Mrs j major says its time to move your relationship on a stage and apply for the relevant visa. Whatever you do make sure that she does not overstay.