PDA

View Full Version : The excitement is building......

aposhark
11th April 2009, 20:19
Hi all,

Well, I have booked the flights to see my dear wife Rochelyn and to bring her back to the UK with me. (£580 Me Return & £370 Rochelyn one way, total = £950 incl taxes).

Finally....................(Sorry smilies still not working........)

I am leaving Heathrow arriving Mon 20th in Manila.
Will have to get the Cebu Pacific flight to Cebu City when I arrive.

We will go up to her little island for a few days so I can meet her family and then we say our goodbyes.... (not looking forward to this, hope she doesn't get too upset......)

We will stay on the mainland for about 5 days, that will give Rochelyn a chance to keep chatting with her mum on the phone before she leaves the Philippines. We will get her CFO finished in Cebu City also, she has already done the seminar.

We then go to Manila then onto Bangkok/Krabi for a week's stopover.
I think she will love the Golden Palace in Bangkok too, I saw it about 10 years ago and it was beautiful, even though I had to go back the second day with long trousers on - no shorts allowed :-)

In Krabi, I am meeting some old work colleagues that I first met in the Oil business way back in 1977. Show my face and see if there are any logistics jobs.

Then we fly to London and settle down to proper married life.

It has been a long slog, and the feelings of loneliness will go away soon.

Now that the flights are booked, I am getting the warm feelings that I have been supressing for so long. Isn't it great to walk that long walk and watch as the light gets brighter at the end of the visa process tunnel.

KeithD
11th April 2009, 20:21
Don't forget your airmiles so you can go on a holiday while the wife stays at home. :Hellooo:

aposhark
11th April 2009, 20:32
Don't forget your airmiles so you can go on a holiday while the wife stays at home. :Hellooo:

Don't know if Kuwait Airlines does this ?

KeithD
11th April 2009, 21:22
You've already booked, but signup now, and then KEEP THE BOARDING TICKETS, they should have an online means to apply for them on your return.

For those that do not collect airmiles....STUPID!!!! You are paying for them in the price of the ticket, and two flights to the Phil get you more than enough for a free European flight.

Star Alliance is the best http://www.staralliance.com/en/travellers/index.html

I'm with SIA's Krisflyer, already had free flights to Orlando, and will have enough for a free flight to Vegas by June.

keithAngel
12th April 2009, 22:08
Lets hope the State of Emergancy is over soon Mike :omg:

BANGKOK: -- Tanks have been mobilised in parts of Bangkok as part of the government's policy to maintain order under the state of emergency as declared by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on Sunday afternoon.

Army spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the announcement of the state of emergency did not mean that the authority to implement the policy would rest in the hands of the army. He said the military was a part of the effort to enforce the policy, which also included police.

Implementing the Emergency Decree, which was declared in Bangkok and some districts of Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom and Ayutthaya, means that authorities now had to mobilise to take care of and guard key installations and centres in Bangkok.

He said that this comprised of about 50 spots in Bangkok. Asked about the role of tanks which were spotted in certain areas of Bangkok such as the Pratunam area, Col Sansern said that certain equipment had to be deployed to enforce the state of emergency and restore order.

Col Sansern said key spots across the city where authorities would focus on are key intersections in the city which had in the past been blocked by red shirt protestors, key government installations, ministries, government offices, banks and department stores.

He added that in spots where taxis had blocked intersections, authorities would need to deploy equipment to remove the vehicles and if necessary arrest those responsible for the blockages.

The spokesman said that in the past security authorities had avoided confrontation or the use of force to maintain peace against protestors. He said that now that the state of emergency had been announced, it was time to act.

Earlier, Prime Minister Abhisit's limousine was blocked and attacked by United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) protestors at the Interior Ministry. The prime minister's car was able to break through the protestors who had broken into the ministry grounds by crashing through the ministry gates.

-- Bangkok Post (http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/140352/tanks-mobilised-in-bangkok) 2009-04-12

Armour, troops on streets; Gunfire in scuffle after PM declares emergency

BANGKOK: -- Armoured military vehicles and soldiers have been deployed at 50 key locations in the capital as anti-government protests turn more violent and spread into several areas of Bangkok following the prime minister’s imposition of a State of Emergency.

Gunfire from unidentified sources was heard during a scuffle as the prime minister’s car left the Ministry of Interior Sunday afternoon.

Television footage showed protesters smashing the prime minister's car with clubs, iron bars, rocks, flower pots and bottles forcing the driver to take evasive action in the compound as protesters blocked all entrances. The car's window was shattered.

Thai Army spokesman Col. Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the military's presence is meant to restore order, after red-shirted anti-government protesters stormed into the ministry compound, and local television showed pictures of the mob armed with poles and paving slabs smashing a car they believed carried the prime minister.
However, Niphon Prompan, the premier's secretary-general, was seriously hurt in the incident and being detained by the protesters, according to Supachai Jaisamut, interior ministry spokesman.

Mr. Abhisit escaped unharmed and he later told reporters that he was safe but one of his security guards was nabbed by the protesters.

When the prime minister departed the interior ministry, a driver in another car was seriously injured after being beaten by the protesters.

He said he had not fired at the protesters but the gunshot was heard after the protesters tried to grab a gun from him.

Another security officer was handcuffed by the protesters and was taken to the anti-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) encampment at Government House.

Mr. Abhisit urged the protester to release his man and allow him to seek treatment at hospital.

The premier Sunday afternoon declared a State of Emergency in the capital and five neighbouring provinces.

Effective immediately, the state of emergency is imposed in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom and Ayutthaya provinces because a group of people are inciting unrest.

It will be implemented by Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban, Mr. Abhisit said.

He said the government deemed it necessary to declare the state of emergency before the situation worsen.

Under the order, gatherings of more than five people are prohibited, the press is not allowed to present news reports which could incite worry among to the public. The order also allows the public to be evacuated from areas considered to be risky.

aposhark
12th April 2009, 23:47
Lets hope the State of Emergency is over soon Mike

Yep, saw this on the internet, Keith.

I doubt it will still be a problem in early May when we visit there, but still, you never know.........

Piamed
13th April 2009, 06:00
You've already booked, but signup now, and then KEEP THE BOARDING TICKETS, they should have an online means to apply for them on your return.

For those that do not collect airmiles....STUPID!!!! You are paying for them in the price of the ticket, and two flights to the Phil get you more than enough for a free European flight.

Star Alliance is the best http://www.staralliance.com/en/travellers/index.html

I'm with SIA's Krisflyer, already had free flights to Orlando, and will have enough for a free flight to Vegas by June.I'm a Star Alliance member also and will use my miles to cover our flights to Brazil next year. I must say though that i think the Sky Team Flying Blue is more generous, particularly the KLM scheme v the air France one. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi all,

Well, I have booked the flights to see my dear wife Rochelyn and to bring her back to the UK with me. (£580 Me Return & £370 Rochelyn one way, total = £950 incl taxes).

We will go up to her little island for a few days so I can meet her family and then we say our goodbyes.... (not looking forward to this, hope she doesn't get too upset......)

We will stay on the mainland for about 5 days, that will give Rochelyn a chance to keep chatting with her mum on the phone before she leaves the Philippines. We will get her CFO finished in Cebu City also, she has already done the seminar.

I think she will love the Golden Palace in Bangkok too, I saw it about 10 years ago and it was beautiful, even though I had to go back the second day with long trousers on - no shorts allowed :-)

In Krabi, I am meeting some old work colleagues that I first met in the Oil business way back in 1977. Show my face and see if there are any logistics jobs.

Now that the flights are booked, I am getting the warm feelings that I have been supressing for so long. Isn't it great to walk that long walk and watch as the light gets brighter at the end of the visa process tunnel.Royal palace is still great although the Flakes of gold used to adorn the 'bell' are peeling more prominently now.

pennybarry
13th April 2009, 11:13
Hi all,

Now that the flights are booked, I am getting the warm feelings that I have been supressing for so long. Isn't it great to walk that long walk and watch as the light gets brighter at the end of the visa process tunnel.

Congrats !!! You'll soon be together as husband and wife:BouncyHappy:

She will leave her little island Malapascua? Yohooo I miss the restaurant there called The Explorer:D

aposhark
13th April 2009, 11:20
Congrats !!! You'll soon be together as husband and wife:BouncyHappy:

She will leave her little island Malapascua? Yohooo I miss the restaurant there called The Explorer:D

Thanks Penny.

Rochelyn is actually from another small island 1½ hours away from Malapascua called Carnaza.
It does not have electricity there, just small generators, but Malapascua's big generator is intermittent too!

pennybarry
13th April 2009, 13:36
Thanks Penny.

Rochelyn is actually from another small island 1½ hours away from Malapascua called Carnaza.
It does not have electricity there, just small generators, but Malapascua's big generator is intermittent too!

Yes, Malapascua Electricity/generator is not that good:doh
Had sleepless nights when I was there. Too dark and humid at night:D

quickwillow
13th April 2009, 13:48
Great to hear your good news I wish you both the very best :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
13th April 2009, 14:30
Great to hear your good news I wish you both the very best :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks quickwillow, a wee bit of romance coming soon........

Ann07
13th April 2009, 15:15
Goodluck Mick and Rochelyn:)

Exciting now hehehehehehe

Arthur Little
13th April 2009, 15:18
Great news!! Good luck to you both.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
13th April 2009, 16:01
Make sure you photograph and video as much as you can, those early pictures are great memories and this year as I had the time I made a calentines card from all my favourites. I am sure the trouble in Bangkok will pass and you will have a great time.... you will have a great time wherever you are because you will be with your Pnaginip Rochelyn. You can always take her to the temples at Angkor Wat in Cambodia instead, really amazing.

aromulus
13th April 2009, 16:57
We are really pleased for you an Rochelyn, and hope that she will be able to settle in nicely and quickly.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Getting her over at that time of the year, is always a bonus, as it will give her the chance to acclimatize herself before the colder weather.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the best from us.

Dom & Jet

aposhark
13th April 2009, 17:04
Goodluck Mick and Rochelyn:)

Exciting now hehehehehehe

Thanks Ann,
It will be exciting as the plane lands in Cebu City and I know she will be there all "dolled up"......

aposhark
13th April 2009, 17:06
Great news!! Good luck to you both.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gracias Arturo Pequino !

aposhark
13th April 2009, 17:11
Make sure you photograph and video as much as you can, those early pictures are great memories and this year as I had the time I made a calentines card from all my favourites. I am sure the trouble in Bangkok will pass and you will have a great time.... you will have a great time wherever you are because you will be with your Pnaginip Rochelyn. You can always take her to the temples at Angkor Wat in Cambodia instead, really amazing.

Thanks scott&ligaya,
I've got a new Canon DSLR this time too.
So I can take better portrait shots.
The little Fuji is convenient but is has limitations, even though it has been a wonder at taking "vidjo's" of my sweetheart.
Angkor Wat sounds a great idea, how long would it take to get there by bus or train from Bangkok?
Panaginip and I are on a proper adventure now :-)

aposhark
13th April 2009, 17:14
We are really pleased for you an Rochelyn, and hope that she will be able to settle in nicely and quickly.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Getting her over at that time of the year, is always a bonus, as it will give her the chance to acclimatize herself before the colder weather.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the best from us.

Dom & Jet

Thanks Dom & Jet.
The heating bills will be less too, LOL.
I've already got her two hot water bottles for next winter!

scott&ligaya
13th April 2009, 17:16
Hi Mick, it is quite easy see this link, we took the flight mentioned

http://www.dpmac.com/angkor/traveling.html

kimmi
13th April 2009, 18:11
Congratulations Mike and Rochelyn..

Finally this is it..Ive been following ur love story,"PANAGINIP" and happy to know that again, LOVE CONQUERS ALL..

Go Mike and Rochelyn, Go...Go...Go...

aromulus
13th April 2009, 20:20
I've already got her two hot water bottles for next winter!

Tight:butthead:..........:icon_lol:

aposhark
13th April 2009, 21:02
Tight:butthead:..........:icon_lol:

OK, I should have typed supplementary water bottles :icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
13th April 2009, 21:07
yes as you will be her "moving blanket" as my honey calls me:):)

tiN
13th April 2009, 21:14
Goodluck Aposhark :Hellooo:

aposhark
13th April 2009, 21:33
Thanks tiN