PDA

View Full Version : Jobs Boost For Philippines

Arthur Little
13th April 2009, 11:42
The other evening someone happened to mention that a prominent British firm with a workforce of around 500 is to concentrate its business interests from call centres in Metro Manila, culminating in an equivalent number of job losses for the UK:ARsurrender: but, on the other hand, good news :) for the Philippines' economy.

Due to a sudden interruption in the flow of conversation, I was unable to ascertain the accuracy of my informant's statement. Can anyone enlighten me?

rusty
13th April 2009, 11:51
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7991496.stm

joebloggs
13th April 2009, 12:25
i had to phone Barclay card the other day , and the lady i spoke to (Indian), i was having a hard time trying to understand what she was saying and what i was saying :NoNo:, and the echo on the line didn't help. but finally she put me thru to another department, which was answered by an English lady, no problems understanding her and no echo on the line..

nothing worse than a company cost cutting, using cheaper labour and :censored: off the paying customer :cwm24:

when t moblie start losing customers and money, they will know one of the reasons why ..

Arthur Little
13th April 2009, 13:42
i had to phone Barclay card the other day , and the lady i spoke to (Indian), i was having a hard time trying to understand what she was saying and what i was saying :NoNo:, and the echo on the line didn't help. but finally she put me thru to another department, which was answered by an English lady, no problems understanding her and no echo on the line..

I know the feeling, Joe! :rolleyes:

nothing worse than a company cost cutting, using cheaper labour
and :censored: off the paying customer :cwm24:

DIA:censored:BOLICAL!

when t moblie start losing customers and money, they will know one of the reasons why ..

Too true!! :omg: T-Mobile! I'm one of their 'pay as you go' customers, and the irony IS, my mobile wouldn't even work for calls back home either of the times I was in the Phils!

joebloggs
13th April 2009, 15:36
Too true!! :omg: T-Mobile! I'm one of their 'pay as you go' customers, and the irony IS, my mobile wouldn't even work for calls back home either of the times I was in the Phils!

then it will be only a local call for you to complain while in the phils :D

3 mobile is :action-smiley-081:, so much messing around trying to top the thing up, t mob i don't know,

i've always been with o2 :rolleyes: