PDA

View Full Version : How long for settlement visa after an interview

mickcant
19th April 2009, 15:41
Hi all, :)my filipina wife was called for an interview on April 16th 2009.
Regarding her settlement visa.
Can anyone please tell me how long it should take from the interview to her getting her visa or it being refused?
At the interview they did not ask her any questions about me, so I was hoping that the paperwork submitted was able to show I can support her and that the marriage is genuine.
Thanks,:rolleyes:
Mick.

Mrs.JMajor
19th April 2009, 15:50
on :Erm: ...I am not getting good in my understanding of english (on april 16) its April 19 now..i guess i will thought of "last April 16"...sorry ..im just filipina..well i just wonder also about it...because usually if they done the interview they will release the result either denied/grant on the same day...but then i notice like one member here..her daughter been called for interview and after some few weeks (i guess weeks) or maybe she didnt post it quick on the forum..the daughter denied...
Apparently she is on spouse visa..right? higher percentage of grant Mick...lets hope for the best...hoping this coming week,she will know the result
Best of luck Mick !!!!!

mickcant
19th April 2009, 15:59
Hi, yes I too hoped they would give her an answer at the interview, which was only 3 days ago, they told he to wait for a text, and she got one the same night this is how she put it " wait the text of VFS UK VISA.last night I recieved a text message from them saying that my visa application has been forwarded to the british embassy.i was really happy.and wait to the final interview of CONSUL.i think that is the final interview my dear"
Does this seem clear or has she got it wrong?
Mick.

mavid
19th April 2009, 17:39
Hi, yes I too hoped they would give her an answer at the interview, which was only 3 days ago, they told he to wait for a text, and she got one the same night this is how she put it " wait the text of VFS UK VISA.last night I recieved a text message from them saying that my visa application has been forwarded to the british embassy.i was really happy.and wait to the final interview of CONSUL.i think that is the final interview my dear"
Mick.

I do hope too that they will release the result soon.

Regarding the text, the only time i received a similar text is the day after i lodge my application.

kimmi
19th April 2009, 17:50
Can anyone please tell me how long it should take from the interview to her getting her visa or it being refused?
At the interview they did not ask her any questions about me, so I was hoping that the paperwork submitted was able to show I can support her and that the marriage is genuine.
Mick.

hi Mick,

When I had my visa interview before, I received my visa the same day..:Erm::Erm:

In ur wife's case, I am just a little confused because she's applying for a spouse visa right? why they didnt ask her any questions about u?:rolleyes::doh

would u mind if u shared with us what are the questions that were asked from her since they dont even ask her even a single question about u?:NoNo:

Mick.

I also received the same text message when I submitted my application, and if she had her interview already, she should know the result by now..

Goodluck Mick,

mickcant
19th April 2009, 19:59
Hi again all, :doh
I am sorry it seems I have got mixed up with the happenings and what I thought was a visa interview was in fact to submit the printed out spousal settlement visa form and pay the fees.
I think wishful thinking got the better of me.
Sorry if I caused any confusing.:doh
Mick Cant.

joebloggs
19th April 2009, 20:00
hi Mick,

When I had my visa interview before, I received my visa the same day..:Erm::Erm:

not all are same day, looks like they wanted to check some details, thou slightly worried they didn't give her, her visa then,,

i hope it's good news for you :rolleyes:

joebloggs
19th April 2009, 20:02
I am sorry it seems I have got mixed up with the happenings and what I thought was a visa interview was in fact to submit the printed out spousal settlement visa form and pay the fees.
Mick Cant.

then your'e probably in a better position than you was a few mins ago :D

good luck again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
19th April 2009, 20:06
Thank you,
:) yes I fell relived I know know what the position is, but of course it also means waiting anouthe 3 months doesint it?:cwm3:
Mick.

joebloggs
19th April 2009, 20:32
i think its around 6wks on average now, could even be sooner :rolleyes:

mickcant
19th April 2009, 21:44
Well thank you Mr, joebloggs,
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
that will help me sleep better now.
Mick.:cwm12:

sunshine
20th April 2009, 00:35
hello mr mickcant, would you mind sharing to us what are the questions that were asked to your wife since she was not asked a single thing about you. I thought the main purpose of interviews are for finding out if you know your husband or fiance well :Erm::Erm:

Sophie
20th April 2009, 00:44
Mick.

I guess it depends on the result of her interview. You tell your wife to make sure she give satisfactory and honest answers to all the interview questions. The embassy may just have some clarifications or further inquiries, and the key is to make sure she answer them well and don't be nervous during the interview. I actually got my settlement visa in 1 1/2months and i was not called for interview. I guess if the papers you submit are satisfactory enough, then they won't call you for any interview anymore. So i wish you and your wife a speedy and successful visa application.

nids123
20th April 2009, 19:35
hi i hope that ur wife will answer the interview.i got my visa settlement for 6 weeks and 2 days,and my husband that was unemployed.maybe they just really look at it of ur papers doc if its true.goodluck for her.

mickcant
20th April 2009, 20:21
Mick Cant.

Hi all,:Hellooo:
Thanks for your good thoughts and wishes, as I said in the above post, I now know it was not a interview about any points from her settlement visa applacation thats why there were no questions about me, but just to submit the forms and pay the visa cost.
Hopefully it will be around the six weeks then we will know.
Thanks again,
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
20th April 2009, 20:36
Thanks for your good thoughts and wishes, as I said in the above post, I now know it was not a interview about any points from her settlement visa applacation thats why there were no questions about me, but just to submit the forms and pay the visa cost.
Thanks again,

Goodluck to ur application :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

It is really obvious how worried are u about the application of ur wife :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

All the best po...:)

Belmontboy
21st April 2009, 11:16
The Visa will be issued the same day as the interview, if its accepted.

kimmi
21st April 2009, 11:20
Thanks again,

thats good to know that everything seems to be clear now Mick..Goodluck with her application..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: