PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT POLL...Religion.......... Yes........ no

aromulus
20th April 2009, 14:11
After the long, and still, ongoing, debate on another thread I am only testing the waters here.
Just to see in percentages, how many people here on the forum believe, or not, whichever is the case.
You don't need to elaborate on your reasons, a yes or No answer will suffice.

Piamed
20th April 2009, 14:12
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
20th April 2009, 14:13
i believe in God.

aromulus
20th April 2009, 14:13
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Shut up, haven't even posted it yet....:doh

You lot are so eager you didn't even click the poll thing on top.....:omg:

Now, be good and behave.:NoNo:

Pepe n Pilar
20th April 2009, 14:14
Yes..:):xxgrinning--00xx3: I voted and i saw number 1. Yipeee!!!!! i was the first one who voted!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
20th April 2009, 14:15
Shut up, haven't even posted it yet....:doh

Haven't posted yet?

Piamed
20th April 2009, 14:17
[SIZE=4]You lot are so eager you didn't even click the poll thing on top.....:omg:

Now, be good and behave.:NoNo:

IC; it just appeared!

aromulus
20th April 2009, 14:18
Haven't posted yet?

IC; it just appeared!

I was adding the poll thingy when you lot jumped the gun................:D

As I mentioned before, please no debates on this thread on the merits of whatever.

sunshine
20th April 2009, 14:23
I believe in God the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ His only son our Lord... :) peace!

pinayingermany
20th April 2009, 15:39
YES;YES;YES;I believe in GOD Almighty Creator of heaven and earth.....Amen

alicat
20th April 2009, 15:57
yes i believe in god

tiN
20th April 2009, 16:46
I believe in God...

Colin
20th April 2009, 17:28
100% believe as there was no way this universe and all its beauty was an accident..

islander
20th April 2009, 19:11
I do believe in GOD....

russ01539
20th April 2009, 20:12
I believe in Jesus Christ our Lord..

charlwill
20th April 2009, 20:42
After the long, and still, ongoing, debate on another thread I am only testing the waters here.
Just to see in percentages, how many people here on the forum believe, or not, whichever is the case.
Absolutely!!!! 100% I do believe in GOD.

JudyHon
20th April 2009, 21:24
Judy here, I say Yes

My husband says No.

Be interesting to have polls for Filipinos and Brits/Europeans separately. I expect very different results on each. Come on you doubters! (Shawn) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Enjoying the Extreme Fishing, except that annoying Geordie Muppet. Hope a shark gobbles him up...:icon_lol:

keithAngel
20th April 2009, 22:16
Good Grief the door was open and I just stumbled in dont mind my rabbit his name is Harvey:icon_lol:

Ahh the Poll I bet its 50/50 lets have a look:rolleyes: thanks Dom great idea:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
20th April 2009, 22:19
Good Grief the door was open and I just stumbled in dont mind my rabbit his name is Harvey:icon_lol:

you see talking rabbit?

should of gone to spec savers :icon_lol:

i wanna vote jedi knight!

Sophie
20th April 2009, 22:25
I say yes 100% :)

Tawi2
20th April 2009, 22:26
No.

keithAngel
20th April 2009, 22:36
you see talking rabbit?

should of gone to spec savers :icon_lol:

i wanna vote jedi knight!

Ive met Yoda:xxgrinning--00xx3:

No.

Its ok Tawi you would have to meet Harvey :D

Tawi2
20th April 2009, 22:42
I believe in talking rabbits and flying pigs Keith :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
20th April 2009, 23:00
I believe in talking rabbits and flying pigs Keith :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Perhaps a new Poll:xxparty-smiley-004:

aromulus
21st April 2009, 07:45
A yes or a no is enough............:Brick:

LEAHnew
21st April 2009, 08:43
YES!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sconnie
21st April 2009, 08:55
Yes.....

KeithD
21st April 2009, 09:05
Ooh Mr Dom! :omg:

The poll is does not give an accurate representation as you have supplied the incorrect answers. You have given a Yes, whereas you have split the statistical probability of the No vote. :doh

You must put together the GSCE exams as well :rolleyes:

GSCE Physics:
Did Newton get hit on the head by an apple?
A. Possibly
B. Yes
C. Maybe
D. No

If you just have Yes/No the statistical probability is that the majority of those who answered, A or C would have selected Yes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
21st April 2009, 09:12

The poll is does not give an accurate representation as you have supplied the incorrect answers. You have given a Yes, whereas you have split the statistical probability of the No vote. :doh

GSCE Physics:
A. Possibly
B. Yes
C. Maybe
D. No

If you just have Yes/No the statistical probability is that the majority of those who answered, A or C would have selected Yes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:doh

I am only trying to gauge a fair split on what's what, really.

misscarie
21st April 2009, 10:47
Yes :)

KeithD
21st April 2009, 12:12
:doh

I am only trying to gauge a fair split on what's what, really.

Which your answers won't do :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No worries just do the basic results using the correction formula....see you Xmas 2057 by the time you've figured it out :rolleyes:

http://www.gaussianmath.com/formula/intmisc/intmisc4.png

paulgee
21st April 2009, 12:36
Yes...

Alan
21st April 2009, 12:56

No worries just do the basic results using the correction formula....see you Xmas 2057 by the time you've figured it out :rolleyes:

= 42.

Al.:)

ca143
21st April 2009, 14:20
500% yessssssssssssss

keithAngel
21st April 2009, 14:51
500% yessssssssssssss

You still only get 1 vote:icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
21st April 2009, 15:15
We are Christians and we love Jesus!!!!

In Him is fullness of Life. He is the Way, and the Truth, and the Life.

vbkelly
21st April 2009, 17:20

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimeve
21st April 2009, 17:20
no,evolution 100%. every living thing on this planet come from s single cell.

aromulus
21st April 2009, 18:55
= 42.

Arthur Dent in disguise...........:omg:

I knew it !!!!!!!!!!:doh

Piamed
21st April 2009, 20:16

Of course, that's a gross assumption. When each real number a is identified with the complex number a + 0i, the field of real numbers X becomes a subfield of C. The complex numbers C can also be characterized as the topological closure of the algebraic numbers or as the algebraic closure of X.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
21st April 2009, 20:17
No. I'm with science all the way! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Happy_Now
22nd April 2009, 08:03
Yes!
Yes!
YES!
John 3;16

KeithD
22nd April 2009, 08:46
Of course, that's a gross assumption. When each real number a is identified with the complex number a + 0i, the field of real numbers X becomes a subfield of C. The complex numbers C can also be characterized as the topological closure of the algebraic numbers or as the algebraic closure of X.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'd have thought it was all down to how much chilli you have on a kebab! :Erm:

aromulus
22nd April 2009, 08:50

VESCERE BRACIS MEIS!
(Eat my shorts! )
:D

IainBusby
22nd April 2009, 09:01
I'd have thought it was all down to how much chilli you have on a kebab! :Erm:
Chilli, kebabs, now your talking my religion. My own personal opinion is that you can't have too much chilli on a kebab and there is a real art in getting the maximum amount of chilli onboard, yet still managing to contain it within the pitta bread.

I think there has to be enough so that it runs down your chin when you bite into the kebab, but not enough for it to run down your chin and drip on to your clothes. That's assuming you've got your clothes on at the time, which if you haven't, requires a huge amount of re-calculation with regard to the health and safety aspects and how much chilli is required to get the same effect whilst naked. :Erm:

Iain.

JudyHon
22nd April 2009, 09:44
Chilli, kebabs, now your talking my religion. My own personal opinion is that you can't have too much chilli on a kebab and there is a real art in getting the maximum amount of chilli onboard, yet still managing to contain it within the pitta bread.

I think there has to be enough so that it runs down your chin when you bite into the kebab, but not enough for it to run down your chin and drip on to your clothes. That's assuming you've got your clothes on at the time, which if you haven't, requires a huge amount of re-calculation with regard to the health and safety aspects and how much chilli is required to get the same effect whilst naked. :Erm:

Iain.

:icon_lol:
In Essex the formula is:

amount of chilli on kebab directly proportional to: number of beers consumed less number of chunders so far (?)

jencha8569
22nd April 2009, 10:45
YES and forever will :)

simplicity
22nd April 2009, 11:12
Yes i believe in God...

IainBusby
22nd April 2009, 13:01
:icon_lol:
In Essex the formula is:

amount of chilli on kebab directly proportional to: number of beers consumed less number of chunders so far (?)

Oh I didn't know it was as complicated as that, but then I'm only a thicko, I suppose that's what the formula below means then. I could get good at this stuff if that's what it's all about. It's quite simple really, you just stick with the C for chilli, then we have to change the a to p for pitta bread, then the use the d represent donner meat and use the x to represent the salad. I'm sure it will work.......

Iain.

aromulus
22nd April 2009, 18:52
Doner kebabs.............:vomit-smiley-011:

jencha8569
22nd April 2009, 19:10
absolutely not i dont believe in religion or gods .
but my wife does so ..
lol
i gonna get whacked for this but i had to give my views.
me in trouble tonight lol

lizaphil
22nd April 2009, 20:20
yes i believe

KeithD
22nd April 2009, 20:28
I'm guilty!! :bigcry:

I've murdered a kebab :rolleyes:

somebody
22nd April 2009, 21:24

GSCE Physics:
A. Possibly
B. Yes
C. Maybe
D. No

Totally agree

somebody
22nd April 2009, 21:26
absolutely not i dont believe in religion or gods .
but my wife does so ..
lol
i gonna get whacked for this but i had to give my views.
me in trouble tonight lol

Why she should support your right to think one way as im sure you do hers

aromulus
23rd April 2009, 21:12
Judy here, I say Yes

My husband says No.

He better behaves, if he knows what's good for him.........:omg:

beaubrummie
24th April 2009, 01:41
NO frm me
YES frm the boss lady

PAT
24th April 2009, 05:17
100% yes...!

aromulus
24th April 2009, 06:00
NO frm me
YES frm the boss lady

Ok........

But who voted...???:Erm:

bornatbirth
24th April 2009, 09:55
i still cant vote jedi knight :Erm:

keithAngel
24th April 2009, 10:25
Has any one noticed the adverts seem to be getting longer?

Alan
24th April 2009, 11:12
Has any one noticed the adverts seem to be getting longer?

Yes, they're a pain in the a**e!

bornatbirth
24th April 2009, 11:15
and louder :ARsurrender:

and more of them :Brick:

beaubrummie
24th April 2009, 12:41
Sorry dude but as the bos lady is at work we'll go with my vote so it's ano no no

aromulus
26th April 2009, 06:48
Sorry dude but as the bos lady is at work we'll go with my vote so it's ano no no

I will make a point in telling her, and see where you will be sleeping for the next few weeks...:D

tiger@tigress
26th April 2009, 07:04
Were both YES

pumpkins
29th April 2009, 19:11
of course yes..........

aromulus
29th April 2009, 19:13
of course yes..........

Did you vote at the top of the page...???
:Erm:

Arthur Little
29th April 2009, 22:17
Guess the results to date speak for themselves!!! Suffice to say I've already cast MY vote ... but would prefer not to become embroiled in further lengthy debate.

aromulus
30th April 2009, 10:40
Last few hours of the poll, ladies and gentlemen.....:omg:

Get voting now.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
30th April 2009, 13:21
I think the last twenty atheists are still in the pub tardy b:censored:rs all of us:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
30th April 2009, 13:26
I think the last twenty atheists are still in the pub tardy b:censored:rs all of us:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Only 19 now, I've just left the pub. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
30th April 2009, 13:27
Did you remind them what was at stake?:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
30th April 2009, 15:00
hurry before aposhark votes :Erm::icon_lol:

i think maybes will win :Erm::ARsurrender:

Jay&Zobel
30th April 2009, 17:30

Only 19 now, I've just left the pub. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

hurry before aposhark votes :Erm::icon_lol:

i think maybes will win :Erm::ARsurrender:

HUMANISTS NOW 18... LOL!!! Declining :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ladybug_sim
30th April 2009, 17:41
Yes!!!!!

keithAngel
30th April 2009, 19:29
in paying income tax:icon_lol: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=462818&publicationSubCategoryId=66

MANILA, Philippines - Only about three million Filipinos are registered as individual taxpayers with the Bureau of Internal Revenues (BIR), the Department of Finance (DOF) announced yesterday Finance Secretary Margarito Teves said Filipinos who are registered as taxpayers, about 3.4 percent of the country’s total population and about 8.9 percent of about 34.3 million listed as employed by the National Statistics Office (NSO)

Teves said the low registration rate could be improved if new graduates would register and get their tax identification number with the BIR since it was a prerequisite for their future employment.
“We invite all of you to register with the BIR and get your own TIN,” Teves said. “This should be your first official act as professionals and income taxpayers. We need you to register as taxpayers.”

The low registration rate also indicated the magnitude of the gap between the government’s actual tax collection and the amount that it should actually get from individual taxpayers.
However, salaried individual taxpayers are actually the most conscientious taxpayers since their taxes are normally automatically withheld by their employers.

The worst individual taxpayers group are self-employed individuals – usually businessmen and entrepreneurs – and professionals such as doctors and lawyers.

The DOF earlier said doctors are especially notorious for low compliance since their profession did not, by nature, create a paper trail unlike lawyers whose practice necessitate documentations per transaction.
“We need you to pay the right taxes. Our country needs you to be responsible taxpayers. Because the taxes that you pay fund the development of our nation,” Teves said.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
30th April 2009, 19:54
i feel there will be a rush of new profiles tonight all voting maybe :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

keithAngel
30th April 2009, 22:13
yeh you would have thought the godless spammers would have popped in to vote befor thier ban huh:rolleyes:

NotYou
30th April 2009, 22:23
A national characterisitic, lying to the government? So amusing for us on the forum. Of course a chap never ponders, they might mislead the Philippine government by not declaring something, but of course they are totally honest with us. Of course they are. Misleading the government is one thing, but misleading us. Why it's not decent, of course the little darlings wouldn't do that to us. We are British.

estherboaz
30th April 2009, 22:26
yes

aromulus
1st May 2009, 06:15
Looking at the result of the poll, it seems that Robwales stands vindicated....:rolleyes:

There is a larger percentage of believers than non-believers on the forum.

keithAngel
1st May 2009, 10:09
Looking at the result of the poll, it seems that Robwales stands vindicated....:rolleyes:

Thats an interesting Idea Dom but a more accurate statement would be that
9% of active members voted to express their belief whilst 6.8% took a different view:icon_lol:

aromulus
1st May 2009, 10:47
Thats an interesting Idea Dom but a more accurate statement would be that
9% of active members voted to express their belief whilst 6.8% took a different view:icon_lol:

"Don't knows" are what they are, I didn't take them into account, you did.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

subseastu
1st May 2009, 13:47
Not on your nelly

subseastu
1st May 2009, 13:48
Too late, sorry

rayofLight
1st May 2009, 14:53
A yes or a no is enough............:Brick:

yes

adam&chryss
1st May 2009, 15:02
yes :)

Mrs.JMajor
1st May 2009, 17:52
Lets give chance aposhark to vote :Erm: he havent come back from PI,wonder if he already vote:Erm:

keithAngel
1st May 2009, 22:18
"Don't knows" are what they are, I didn't take them into account, you did.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well the third choice was dont know so that would imply over 90% of the forum dont believe most of them not bothering to vote :rolleyes:

aposhark
2nd May 2009, 12:52

Hi everyone from the Phils :)

Yes, I voted but I don't want to go on about religion too much in this thread.
It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that a lot of people here say they believe in a "God" as this is a Filipino-UK forum.
Filipinos are mostly catholic and i bet some husbands are keeping their thoughts to themselves as they might not get kissed otherwise :icon_lol:
The real fact is that people in the UK are MOSTLY not bothered.
Filipinos should be aware of this if they want to live in our country.

jimeve
3rd May 2009, 10:21
Don't do religion.

Humans are killing this planet, the short time we have lived on earth.

ukgangster
3rd May 2009, 10:26
Filipinos should be aware of this if they want to live in our country.

and where you are, people in Philippines are MOSTLY bothered. You should be aware of this should you choose to live in the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3: It works both ways.

aromulus
3rd May 2009, 10:33
and where you are, people in Philippines are MOSTLY bothered. You should be aware of this should you choose to live in the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3: It works both ways.

Funny ISP number this..........:D

somebody
3rd May 2009, 10:36

Is it one of the numbers if you turn it upside down on a calculator it looks like a word:Erm::D

aromulus
3rd May 2009, 10:44

My opinion is that a lot of people in the Uk are afraid to show their belief in case they are made fun of .:omg:

This fear may stem from the olden times when Catholics were rounded up by Cromwellian forces and ordered to abiure for fear of death.:NoNo:
The unfortunate that did not want to change their religion were systematically executed in various painful ways....:NoNo:

Just a thought.

ukgangster
3rd May 2009, 10:49

Blimey your quick Dom.:Hellooo:

aromulus
3rd May 2009, 11:58
Blimey your quick Dom.:Hellooo:

It is shared by a person or persons I happen to respect a lot......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

JudyHon
3rd May 2009, 12:39
My opinion is that a lot of people in the Uk are afraid to show their belief in case they are made fun of .:omg:

This fear may stem from the olden times when Catholics were rounded up by Cromwellian forces and ordered to abiure for fear of death.:NoNo:
The unfortunate that did not want to change their religion were systematically executed in various painful ways....:NoNo:

Just a thought.

Interesting point of view.

Thanks to the Evangelical Christian Right in America, there Atheists are often held in public contempt and blamed for declines in morality.:NoNo: Just type 'Atheist' and a swearword into YouTube for a deluge of hatred...:cwm24:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/black_president_more_likely_than_mormon_or_atheist_/

Even given the Atheist sentiments of Jefferson and some of the Founding Fathers, there are many places there where people are afraid to acknowledge their doubts and have to deny their true opinions...

Thanks

somebody
3rd May 2009, 18:15

Just a thought.

Sadly for both sets of belivers it was not just at catholics who were perscuted as the roles changed I belive at some points:NoNo: Both teams seemed in the UK and elsewhere have had a go at bashing the other it seems.

Also a major issue i belive in the UK why so many either play down their religon or are simply not intrested in religion. Is due to the fact the cvil war was caused by differnces between the two mobs and then all the troubles in Ireland again which went down mainly religous devides:NoNo:
I know there is more to it than simply religion but sadly it was tainted by the issue.

I do think this is a reason why a lot of people just dont have as much time for religion compared to many others in others of the world.

somebody
3rd May 2009, 18:17
Interesting point of view.

Thanks to the Evangelical Christian Right in America, there Atheists are often held in public contempt and blamed for declines in morality.:NoNo: Just type 'Atheist' and a swearword into YouTube for a deluge of hatred...:cwm24:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/black_president_more_likely_than_mormon_or_atheist_/

Even given the Atheist sentiments of Jefferson and some of the Founding Fathers, there are many places there where people are afraid to acknowledge their doubts and have to deny their true opinions...

Thanks

Strangely in the UK both recent PM's have almost played down their reglious beliefs.

keithAngel
5th May 2009, 17:32
Whatever next:xxgrinning--00xx3:

John Chingford
8th May 2009, 18:54

Definitely YES

Mrs.JMajor
8th May 2009, 19:06
Definitely YES

John,I guess you will find this thread interesting......
happy reading..http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15248

Mod Dom,forgive me :peepwall:

John Chingford
8th May 2009, 19:35

Well put!!!! I am British and am VERY bothered!. I am so happy to know my eternity is secure. Where will those who are not bothered spend theirs?

aromulus
8th May 2009, 19:59
Well put!!!! I am British and am VERY bothered!. I am so happy to know my eternity is secure. Where will those who are not bothered spend theirs?

Ok........:Erm:

I did ask nicely at the beginning and at some other stage of this thread to leave debating out of it.:NoNo:

The poll is closed, the result has been aknowledged by some but not accepted for their own reasons, which have to be respected....:)

Thread closed.