PDA

View Full Version : Any Successful Visa Appeals Overturned in Manila?

mastergidd
22nd April 2009, 16:25
I would be very grateful for any solicited opinions and suggestions. Thanks.:)

Frances
29th April 2009, 17:43
hello there!
I was refused when i first applied for fiancee visa.
You have the choice to send the appeal straight in the UK or Philippines.
My fiance and I submitted our appeal in the Philippines and they overturned the decision after 2 months and issued the visa.

PAT
30th April 2009, 09:56
I have submitted my appeal in the British Embassy Manila just last March. I just wanted to ask if anybody from here had a successful Visa Appeals that had been overturned by the ECM in Manila. I am afraid that after waiting a long time, it will be refused by the ECM again and would take ages for the Appeal to be processed since it will be forwarded in the AIT in UK.

If this would be the case, I would try to cancel my Appeal and submit a fresh application instead.

I would be very grateful for any solicited opinions and suggestions. Thanks.:)

Hello mastergidd,goodluck to your appeal,hope you will have positive result soon,may I know what visa did you apply and the reason of refusal?

mastergidd
30th April 2009, 11:51
hello there!
I was refused when i first applied for fiancee visa.
You have the choice to send the appeal straight in the UK or Philippines.
My fiance and I submitted our appeal in the Philippines and they overturned the decision after 2 months and issued the visa.

Can I ask the reason for the refusal?

Cheers.

mastergidd
30th April 2009, 13:29
Hi Mastergidd,

It depends on the grounds of your refusal, I think. I once experienced a visitor visa refusal, the reason was that the financial or bank statements of my sponsor was deemed to be too old, due in waiting of obtaining a personal interview. When I received the refusal letter, my sponsor immediately phone the British Embassy - Manila and he was asked to just fax his latest bank statements and other evidence that he is capable to support me in the UK and subsequently the decision was over-turned and visa was issued the next day.
Good luck on your appeal.

Thanks potpot143.

PAT
30th April 2009, 15:14
Hello mastergidd, i really hope the decision of the appeal will be favourable to you.

mastergidd
30th April 2009, 16:50
You`re welcome :)

By the way, I have a friend who submitted her appeal to AIT and she got the result after 8 weeks.

AIT in UK or Bristish Embassy in Manila? What kind of visa did she lodged before?

mastergidd
30th April 2009, 16:51
Hello mastergidd, i really hope the decision of the appeal will be favourable to you.

Thanks Pat.:)

mastergidd
30th April 2009, 17:09
The process was too fast. Lodging an appeal in the UK will take six months as stated in the website of AIT. Anyway, that was amazing! I hope I could have results by the end of May. I lodge my appeal last week of March. I will just keep my fingers crossed that I will be issued a visa.