PDA

View Full Version : Adverts

beaubrummie
24th April 2009, 12:54
Is amazon trying to take over the site? the ads sem to b getting more & more:its driving me :Cuckoo:Cuckoo:

KeithD
24th April 2009, 13:07
Is amazon trying to take over the site? the ads sem to b getting more & more:its driving me :Cuckoo:Cuckoo:
:Erm: They've been here 2 months!

beaubrummie
24th April 2009, 13:14
OK ! I can't have noticed them or maybe I've got a comp problem . Have they always been the same ad repeating 5 or times?

KeithD
24th April 2009, 13:30
OK ! I can't have noticed them or maybe I've got a comp problem . Have they always been the same ad repeating 5 or times?
They are random from a pool of 20, and I could always charge for the site as donations for the last 6 months totalled £15, against a few hundred it costs to run.

DaveUK
24th April 2009, 16:39

Think I know what you mean fella. Sounds like the same thing has happened to me. Don't know if it's a Firefox thing as mine did an update in the last couple of days, but can't remember if the update came before I noticed the problem. I'm inclined to believe it did though!

KeithD
24th April 2009, 16:49
Actually I took Amazon off 2 days ago while I test something else!

DaveUK
24th April 2009, 17:04
Actually I took Amazon off 2 days ago while I test something else!

Definitely looks like a Firefox thing as the ads behave in IE.

Tried clearing my cache which didn't help. Will see what Firefox did in the update that is causing the problem.

adam&chryss
24th April 2009, 18:08
Definitely looks like a Firefox thing as the ads behave in IE.

Tried clearing my cache which didn't help. Will see what Firefox did in the update that is causing the problem.

I`ve got the same thing, started yesterday.
Firefox has to close.
Theres a long list of Amazon ads.

keithAngel
24th April 2009, 19:31
yup on this thread to here i get five consecutive screens of adds x 2

kimmi
24th April 2009, 19:36
Ive got the same experience here, also using firefox..:Erm::Erm::bigcry:

but if I am using IE everything seems ok..

bornatbirth
24th April 2009, 19:36
must be your pc's i havent noticed a problem!

DaveUK
24th April 2009, 19:51
must be your pc's i havent noticed a problem!

What version of Firefox are you on fella? 3.0.9 appears to be the one I went to the other day.

kimmi
24th April 2009, 19:56
What version of Firefox are you on fella? 3.0.9 appears to be the one I went to the other day.

using the same version with u Dave..

KeithD
24th April 2009, 20:07
Try using a real browser like IE ..... :)

bornatbirth
24th April 2009, 20:11

sorry dave,i dont use firefox.i guess thats why i dont have a problem :)

DaveUK
24th April 2009, 20:33
Try using a real browser like IE ..... :)

That would be way too easy! :)

KeithD
24th April 2009, 20:40
Just tested it on Firefox :omg: It's fine on all the other browsers, so I guess the new FF has an error handling Javascript :doh

I'll see if I can rewrite the code my end, and charge FF for the work :rolleyes:

joebloggs
24th April 2009, 21:21
yes scouser Keith sumthing wrong in firefox, this site was taking up all of my processor :yikes:

i cleared all the cache and private data, seems ok, unless you've just done summert :Erm:

DaveUK
24th April 2009, 21:33
Just tested it on Firefox :omg: It's fine on all the other browsers, so I guess the new FF has an error handling Javascript :doh

I'll see if I can rewrite the code my end, and charge FF for the work :rolleyes:

Looking good now fella! Nice one! Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
24th April 2009, 21:59
Huh ! at last gone now...... phew

keithAngel
24th April 2009, 22:59
Back to "normal":icon_lol:

KeithD
25th April 2009, 08:45
Back to "normal":icon_lol:
Only after I'de rewritten what is basic simple Javascript that should work in Firefox :NoNo:

Now it displays 2 ad blocks, but it'll have to do for now.