PDA

View Full Version : Another nail....

aromulus
25th April 2009, 07:51
Yesterday, again, the Government did show us how out of touch with immigration they really are.:NoNo:

If there is, in this world, one specific group of people worthy of entering and settling in the Uk is the Gurkhas and their immediate families.
For a couple of hundred of years, this proud people, served the Uk faithfully and loyally, with disregard for their own safety, in many combat zones around the world.
Tens of thousands of them didn't make it back, and this the gratitude shown to them.:doh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8014265.stm

This new labour, is set in destroying anything to do with British history and heritage.
I am pleased that they (the Gurkhas) will continue to fight unfairness and try to put things right.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
25th April 2009, 08:20
its strange how they are treated by the british goverment.

all the family of the serving gurkas should be given full uk passports!

KeithD
25th April 2009, 08:40
I haven't decided which group I prefer yet: :rolleyes:

1. 100,000 Gurkhas and relations
2. 100,000 European layabouts scalping off our benefit system

erm.....:Erm: ......difficult one that! :doh

aromulus
25th April 2009, 08:44
I haven't decided which group I prefer yet: :rolleyes:

1. 100,000 Gurkhas and relations
2. 100,000 European layabouts scalping off our benefit system

erm.....:Erm: ......difficult one that! :doh

I understand your dilemma.

But which of the two groups "earned" the right to be here and didn't get by default??:Erm:

joebloggs
25th April 2009, 09:33
pressure groups formed by people on work permits and tier one visas are putting pressure on some members of the house of lords to put changes in the new immigration bill, so it doesn't effect people already here, and they have backing for some lords who have made the amendments.

if your in the British forces, surely your working for a uk employer - the gov. so those who have been in the forces for 5 years or more should be given the same rights as those who are in the uk on work permits, the right to apply for ILR. why are lords or MPs not making this simple change :Erm:

somebody
25th April 2009, 13:58
pressure groups formed by people on work permits and tier one visas are putting pressure on some members of the house of lords to put changes in the new immigration bill, so it doesn't effect people already here, and they have backing for some lords who have made the amendments.

if your in the British forces, surely your working for a uk employer - the gov. so those who have been in the forces for 5 years or more should be given the same rights as those who are in the uk on work permits, the right to apply for ILR. why are lords or MPs not making this simple change :Erm:

Personally if someone offers to give up their life for the nation and after 5 years they can have ILR fair enough. Then surely its almost rude to them, that someone who comes here for personal gain (ie a well paying job i presume to what they can get at home) gets it in the same time..

Im putting the case for those in the Armed forces rather than trying to put down OFWs by the way.

Tawi2
25th April 2009, 14:11
I have known,and still do,loads of Gurkhas,excellent people,most of my old saturday night Wanchai buddies were Gurkhas based in Hong Kong,we used to meet in Neptunes and Pussycats for a good night on the town:icon_lol:I have also known them in other spheres,excellent guys to have in your corner :xxgrinning--00xx3:Theres a lot of Pinays actually married to Nepalese,I even knew one Pinay who worked Teaching English in Kathmandu,she met her hubbie when he was based in Brunei:icon_lol:They served this country,gave their lives for it,they deserve the key to the door

adam&chryss
25th April 2009, 17:40
I agree they should be allowed to settle here but why would they want to?
People come here to moan and wish it was like their own country.
You know the thing " its not hot here " blah blah blah!
Would they want to come to a country with bad weather and where nothing is done right?
Some question I don`t know the answers to:
Did they enlist under the impression that they could live here?
If so when did someone change this?
My understanding is that before 1997 no Gurkhas were allowed to settle here, is this true?
Also to join up is seen as a great honour in their own country but not cos they can settle here?
I beleive that they should have the choice as they fought for this country.

Tawi2
25th April 2009, 17:55
They DO want to come here Adam,Nepal has just as bad if not worse weather than here,I can remember wandering around Kathmandus Thamel district one dreary winters morning and wondering what the ...... I was doing there,but if you get down on the plain near indias border,places like Chitwan the weather improves dramatically :xxgrinning--00xx3: Theres very few opportunities exist in Nepal outside the tourist market,therefore to join the British Army is big kudos to a recruits family :xxgrinning--00xx3: I was with them before '97 in Hong Kong,the guys I knew back then hadnt been offered citizenship as part of their recruitment,I think it was only changed a few years ago?:Erm:

Tawi2
25th April 2009, 18:06
Ayo Ghurkali :xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
25th April 2009, 18:53
My uncle comes out of the R.A.F. this year after serving the maximum term so I truly appreciate all of our services and the people that fight for our country.
The Gurkhas have proved their worth unlike so many others that come here and want to make our country like their own.
They serve us well.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I`d welcome them here and I wonder how many other "people from other countries" would give any of their time, nevermind lives to serve this country.

KeithD
25th April 2009, 19:25
They fight & die for Queen & country......then are basically deported as a thank you! :Erm:

joebloggs
25th April 2009, 19:46
I`d welcome them here and I wonder how many other "people from other countries" would give any of their time, nevermind lives to serve this country.

yes dom :D

:xxparty-smiley-004:

aromulus
25th April 2009, 19:54
yes dom :D

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:Erm:

You pickin' on me... Becoz I is..... ???:Erm:

joebloggs
25th April 2009, 19:55
:Erm:

You pickin' on me... Becoz I is a welsh boyo..... ???:Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
26th April 2009, 02:45
if for example we had a war tomorrow you get 2 choices

1 you can fight for this country ?

2 or you can go back to where you came from ?

this country would suddenly be empty :icon_lol::furious3:

KeithD
26th April 2009, 08:50
I'd have to go back to England? :omg: