PDA

View Full Version : Hello Filipina just arrive in England

pinoyni
26th April 2009, 20:03
hi to all... just arrived 2 weeks ago back with my husband and looking for fellow filipinos from cebu or anywhere in the phils. i am residing in exeter, devon. anyone near the place i would certainly would look forward to hearing from you as i am a fish out of water in this country being new here.:Hellooo:

irobot
26th April 2009, 20:07
Irobot..." Sunny Different From The Rest... "

pinoyni...Welcome To The Forum...Phil...

Ana_may365
26th April 2009, 20:09
hiya!welcome here to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

islander
26th April 2009, 20:13
hi pinoyni!

welcome to UK & to the forum as well!

I'm also from cebu, cebuana ni dai... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
would have been nice to meet you personally, but unfortunately, i'm far from where you live coz i'm from scotland. :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

don't worry, you'll soon find pinays out there or just keep visiting and posting at this forum, you'll soon be at home.

Sophie
26th April 2009, 20:19
hi to all... just arrived 2 weeks ago back with my husband and looking for fellow filipinos from cebu or anywhere in the phils. i am residing in exeter, devon. anyone near the place i would certainly would look forward to hearing from you as i am a fish out of water in this country being new here.:Hellooo:

hello there :) welcome to uk and welcome to the forum :Hellooo::Hellooo:

Ji&Ma
Hiya, welcome in here and enjoy!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
as i am a fish out of water in this country being new here.:Hellooo:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Hi yah,warm welcome to you :Hellooo:! you are not alone being fish out of water :icon_lol: you will soon find filipina friends....hopefully:rolleyes:

pinoyni
26th April 2009, 20:20
Hi Islander, thank for yo message asa diay ka dapit sa Cebu. ako taga Talamban

IainBusby
27th April 2009, 09:10
Hi Pinoyni,
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll soon meet other Filipinos in your area. The best places to bump into other Filipinos are fresh fruit and fish markets on a Saturday, Catholic churches on a Sunday and if you have a hospital anywhere near you, the supermarket that is nearest to that hospital.

Iain.

kimmi
27th April 2009, 09:22
welcome to the forum Pinoyni..:)

tiN
27th April 2009, 10:20
Welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

Mrs Daddy
27th April 2009, 10:38
welcome here:)

islander
27th April 2009, 10:47
Hi Islander, thank for yo message asa diay ka dapit sa Cebu. ako taga Talamban

i'm from mandaue, there are a lot of cebuanas here also, one of whom is ann07.

just try to speak english coz there are brits around also, hehehe!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lunaloves7
27th April 2009, 11:50
hi pinoyni!

welcome to UK & to the forum as well!

I'm also from cebu, cebuana ni dai... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
would have been nice to meet you personally, but unfortunately, i'm far from where you live coz i'm from scotland. :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

don't worry, you'll soon find pinays out there or just keep visiting and posting at this forum, you'll soon be at home.

Hiya Islander! Luna here... which part of scotland are you from?

mickcant
27th April 2009, 12:02
Welcome from Michael,:ARsurrender:
my Filipina wife will hopefully be here in the UK soon, she is from CDO though, but is a warm friendly person who wants to make new friends when she is here, we will live on the Isle of Wight.
Take care, Mick:Hellooo:

islander
27th April 2009, 12:30
Hiya Islander! Luna here... which part of scotland are you from?

hi luna!

i'm now in livingston, west lothian. how about you?

by the way, are you also from cebu?

bhabes79
27th April 2009, 13:26
Hiya welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:http://filipinaroses.com/images/smilies/Hellooo.gif

bhabes79
27th April 2009, 13:29
Welcome from Michael,:ARsurrender:
my Filipina wife will hopefully be here in the UK soon, she is from CDO though, but is a warm friendly person who wants to make new friends when she is here, we will live on the Isle of Wight.
Take care, Mick:Hellooo:

hiya where about in isle of wight?coz my husband born in isle of wight..

Ann07
27th April 2009, 15:44
Hi welcome to the forum:)

Aye, same as islander im cebuana :D Im fr:Dom mambaling. Oh you are from talamban not far, where in talamban?

Hmmm you are so far from me hehehehe im in the northeast northumberland now:doh:doh
As what Iain has said try atteding your local church in your area you might see some pinoys:)

Hope u could find pinoys in your area:)

Au au:)

DianaKevy
27th April 2009, 19:30
Hello welcome to the forum and welcome to UK. how are you doing so far? im from mandaue as well.

kenny
27th April 2009, 19:55
Hi Pinoyni and welcome to England. Exeter, Deven.. you have arrived in nice place. hope you settle well.

mickcant
27th April 2009, 22:15
hiya where about in isle of wight?coz my husband born in isle of wight..
Hi, I am in Newport,
which is near the middle of the Island, but as it ia a small place, it does not matter much where you are, only around 20 min from a beach.
Do you ever come back to the Island?
Mick.:rolleyes:

rayofLight
28th April 2009, 05:50
hello...i'm back to the forum...i'ts been a long time, i didn't visit this site, 'coz i'm concentrating about my papers for a fiancee visa...and thank God i submitted it already last April 23'09, hope we don't have any problem about it...i'm now in a waiting period....
Is there anybody in the forum ..applied "fiancee visa" and approved!...'coz i need some help...." my fiancee is a british born in UK..residing UK now....and we encounter this question in the Application...
(8.2.9 I If your sponsor is in the UK when did they first arrive?)
(8.2.11 When did they get this permission?)
and he did'nt answer it...coz he said....no need to answer, so we leave it blank...
can i ask help.....?...is it OK not to fill up?..or we have to fill up?

bhabes79
28th April 2009, 07:06
Hi, I am in Newport,
which is near the middle of the Island, but as it ia a small place, it does not matter much where you are, only around 20 min from a beach.
Do you ever come back to the Island?
Mick.:rolleyes:

hiya we live there before in newport but we move in portsmouth coz my husband is working here,,,we still visiting newport coz my husband family living down there,,,,hope your wife will be here soon,,,

Ji&Ma
28th April 2009, 08:03
hello...i'm back to the forum...i'ts been a long time, i didn't visit this site, 'coz i'm concentrating about my papers for a fiancee visa...and thank God i submitted it already last April 23'09, hope we don't have any problem about it...i'm now in a waiting period....
Is there anybody in the forum ..applied "fiancee visa" and approved!...'coz i need some help...." my fiancee is a british born in UK..residing UK now....and we encounter this question in the Application...
(8.2.9 I If your sponsor is in the UK when did they first arrive?)
(8.2.11 When did they get this permission?)
and he did'nt answer it...coz he said....no need to answer, so we leave it blank...
can i ask help.....?...is it OK not to fill up?..or we have to fill up?
:Hellooo:Hi, woooohooo, :omg:you submitted your application exactly the same day as my mahal Maricel did!!!:omg::xxgrinning--00xx3: Just wonder who will be first to get the visa:Erm::icon_lol:
No worries about these two questions, if your fiancée is british born leave it blank. I think it is even written somewhere in there (small print). Good luck to you both:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pinoyni
28th April 2009, 13:43
thank you all for responding and for the warm welcome take care... pinoyni

pinoyni
28th April 2009, 13:48
hi islander,
thanks for the reply mandaue is close to talamban. my work brings me there often. ok doki will write in english from now on hehehehe.. take care

pinoyni
28th April 2009, 13:55
Hi Ann07

thanks for your message. i am from nasipit very near university of san carlos technoligical campus. went to school there too. i did go to one of the catholic churches here (they have 2 in exeter) and it as laready close. they olny have 2 services on sunday. i know the schedule and i plan to go back there this sunday. thank you again and take good care... au au pod ...pinoyni

pinoyni
28th April 2009, 13:59
thanks islander for the message. will write in english from now on hehehe..

aug06_2006
28th April 2009, 15:11
Halu! pinoyni, welcome to the forum. Am from Consolacion Cebu hehehe

pinoyni
29th April 2009, 13:45
thank you DianaKevy for your message. I am doing very well so far, thanks. The only thing I find strange here is how people are reserve especially in my neighborhood. The other day I smiled to someone in the road and she just looked at me. I find the people in the city center less reserve than my neighbors. well, i will just keep on smiling to my neighbors its actually good for my facial muscles hehehehe.... hope to find friends soon. take care

pinoyni
29th April 2009, 13:49
Hello aug06 thanks for the warm welcome. i sometimes go to Consolacion. it is vey near now to where i used to live which is in Talamban.. my sister goes their every sunday to buy in your market as she finds the meat their fresher and cheaper. thanks again and take care

DianaKevy
29th April 2009, 19:20
thank you DianaKevy for your message. I am doing very well so far, thanks. The only thing I find strange here is how people are reserve especially in my neighborhood. The other day I smiled to someone in the road and she just looked at me. I find the people in the city center less reserve than my neighbors. well, i will just keep on smiling to my neighbors its actually good for my facial muscles hehehehe.... hope to find friends soon. take care

dont worry you will just meet them someday. well i guess you just dont have a friendly neighborhood. :):icon_lol:

NotYou
29th April 2009, 19:30
I rather find that filipinos tend to adapt to some of the qualties of the people where they live. Fairly soon you will be staring at people if they attempt to talk to you! Certainly some of the filipinos in Medway do that. Like, hey what's lunatic British guy trying to talk to me for, stare at him blankly and he might go away!

Friendly neighourhood in Gillingham, where might that be?

pinoyni
1st May 2009, 08:28
Hello everyone hope everyone is doing fine.

i'm not sure if it is coz of my internet connection or something else. i posted messages here a few days ago but i think it was not successful coz they are not here.

i would like to say thank you all for those who sent me messages you are most kind.it is nice to open this site and see people writing to me and greeting me.

at the moment i am making myself busy with house chores and when they are done i go to the park and explore the place behind the lens of my camera. wow! the flowers here are just amazing and the trees are just enchanting! for someone like me who is a nature lover, this is one of the place to be. I saw a tv program about the kew garden wow! i have to go there. i strongly suggest for those near that place to go too. it is amazing!

yesterday while i was in the city center i saw 2 filipinas. one of them actually waved at me and smiled. she was already climbing up the stairs but me and my husband was on the ground floor. i waved and smile back. it was such a nice feeling to see a fellow filipino in a foreighn land. i have a feeling soon i will make friends either filipina or british.

yesterday i went to CVS. it is a volunteer centre. i decided to volunteer to make better use of my time and also to meet other people as well. i am referred to the age concern group. i might be working with old people who needs company like when they go shopping, having tea with them or just spending time with them playing cards or chatting. or i could be working in their charity shop. the lady i talked to at CVS said they have very friendly staff in the shop and i will meet more people there. im excited to start working there already. it is something to look forward.

i thought that if i just stay here at home i will never make friends this way and for me the only way to make friends is to make an effort and to go out and of course to keep smiling hehehehe... sorry im blah blah blah hehehehe...

until next time, take care you guys...

pinoyni
2nd May 2009, 08:44
hmmm.. something must be wong withmy internet connectin. i posted i think 2 messages here already and they are not here

pinoyni
2nd May 2009, 08:52
i miss hearing bisaya or tagalog, silly me i just remembered yesterday that abs cbn news has a website. i was enjoying myself hearing tagalog again and hearing the familiar sound of that music before and after the news. i know it was almost all "bad" news but yep enjoyed it, tagalog man gud. that actually lessens my missing the phils.