PDA

View Full Version : karaoke

garfield42
27th April 2009, 17:38
Can anyone explain the Filipino love of singing on a Karaoke:Erm:
My wife of 5 years loves nothing more than having her mates over and belting out various songs for hours on end. Its not my thing, but when visiting the in laws in P.I we would have a bar b que and they would always hire a karaoke machine.
Must admit the singing ability of most Filipinos is FAR better that most Brits you hear in any pub on a Saturday night.:)

Sophie
27th April 2009, 17:49
Can anyone explain the Filipino love of singing on a Karaoke:Erm:
My wife of 5 years loves nothing more than having her mates over and belting out various songs for hours on end. Its not my thing, but when visiting the in laws in P.I we would have a bar b que and they would always hire a karaoke machine.
Must admit the singing ability of most Filipinos is FAR better that most Brits you hear in any pub on a Saturday night.:)

I guess this has been part of the filipino culture. It's like in every gathering, parties or any occasions, it won't be complete without karaoke singing. I guess it makes the party more fun, so you can get to enjoy the singing prowess of those gifted and can mock the hell out of those who suck so bad which we normally refer to as "frustrated singers" (i'm one of them) :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

garfield42
27th April 2009, 18:01
:xxgrinning--00xx3:I'm glad i'm not the only one who is hopeless at singing. I'm tone deaf:)
I think its great for parties, and i've always wondered why we haven't seen more Filipinos entering programmes over here like the X Factor, coz the Filipinos I've heard sing are great:cwm12:

Sophie
27th April 2009, 19:24
[QUOTE=garfield42;131219]:xxgrinning--00xx3:I'm glad i'm not the only one who is hopeless at singing. I'm tone deaf:)

AND I'M HALF TONE :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
27th April 2009, 19:32
The scoring system on most of those machines is rigged,I sing like an angel,or Ronan Keating,or George Michael yet normally get between 30-40% :Erm:But some of the drunks I saw singing at a singalong a few weeks ago were getting 90+% :Erm:Yet they sounded like cats caught under the wheel of a moving jeepney :Erm:

Sophie
27th April 2009, 19:36
[QUOTE=garfield42;131219] i've always wondered why we haven't seen more Filipinos entering programmes over here like the X Factor

DON'T WORRY I'LL SIGN UP FOR BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I'LL BE AT THE HALL OF FAME OF THE HALLUCINATING AND NUISANCE CANDIDATES :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: