PDA

View Full Version : cfo seminar

jprobo81
28th April 2009, 12:20
Good day!

I would just like to make a general inquiry regarding the CFO seminar certificate.

I flew here in UK along w/ my boyfriend last November 2008 w/ “to join partner” (fiancé) visa. They allowed me to fly w/o the CFO seminar certificate provided that I will attend to the seminar as soon as I’ll be back in the Philippines.

My boyfriend and I had the civil-partnership (same-sex marriage) last January 2009 and I’ve been already granted for a 2-yr extension to remain here in UK. I’ll be going back to the Philippines this coming July and am concerned regarding this CFO seminar.

I’ll be very glad if you could enlighten me with the following;

1. Do I still need to attend the CFO seminar provided that I already had the civil partnership here in UK?
2. Does my partner need to attend the seminar as well?
3. What are the requirements?
4. How can I book myself for the seminar?
5. How long will the seminar be and will I get the CFO seminar certificate right after the seminar?
6. Since same sex marriage in the Philippines is not acknowledged, do I still need to change the status in my passport?

Thank u very much and am looking forward for more details regarding these matters.

Sincerely yours,

Jp

Mrs.JMajor
28th April 2009, 16:24
Are you going back just because of the CFO ?

1) You dont need to attend unless they didnt put a marked on your passport stating you didnt attend the CFO when your last departure,i dont think its necessary,because you already flew,they only can hold you at the immigration,lucky for you huh! they just let you fly
2)Nope,that is only for filipino
3) your passport with visa on it
4)you dont need to book,its everyday seminar,come there if youre still interested ,before 9am
5)Took half day,yes you can have the sticker right away,just 3 hours will do...
6) nope,just carry on with your status:yikes:

:Hellooo:

IainBusby
28th April 2009, 16:42
Good day!

I would just like to make a general inquiry regarding the CFO seminar certificate.

I flew here in UK along w/ my boyfriend last November 2008 w/ “to join partner” (fiancé) visa. They allowed me to fly w/o the CFO seminar certificate provided that I will attend to the seminar as soon as I’ll be back in the Philippines.

My boyfriend and I had the civil-partnership (same-sex marriage) last January 2009 and I’ve been already granted for a 2-yr extension to remain here in UK. I’ll be going back to the Philippines this coming July and am concerned regarding this CFO seminar.

I’ll be very glad if you could enlighten me with the following;

1. Do I still need to attend the CFO seminar provided that I already had the civil partnership here in UK?
2. Does my partner need to attend the seminar as well?
3. What are the requirements?
4. How can I book myself for the seminar?
5. How long will the seminar be and will I get the CFO seminar certificate right after the seminar?
6. Since same sex marriage in the Philippines is not acknowledged, do I still need to change the status in my passport?

Thank u very much and am looking forward for more details regarding these matters.

Sincerely yours,

Jp

I would do it if I were you, otherwise you'll probably have to bribe someone at the airport to let you board the plane or even worse, they could just refuse to let you board full stop. And you'll probably get the same trouble again everytime you go there, at least until you have permanent residency here in the UK. I would say you were extremely lucky to manage to leave the country without the CFO sticker once already.
Iain.