PDA

View Full Version : parents are pinoy and child born in scotland

cleopatra
29th April 2009, 12:53
If parents are filipino citizen and child born in scotland this year so when the baby will be citizen in uk?
My husband is a resident and on work permit that last until 2012 and is renewable. My husband started working in uk since 2006. I have been here just last year march 2008 on a dependent visa that last until 2012. I was working last year that lasts 8 months and stopped because i found out that im pregnant and it was very risky to continue working in a nursing home. If my child born in scotland then when he/she be a citizen in scotland? when my husband and me have our permanent residency?

When to take exams for the life in the uk test? until you've reached 3 years living in the uk or can be less than 3 yrs?[/

cleopatra
29th April 2009, 13:14
and also where to register the baby after birth? in phil embassy or in scotland?

thanks.

Ann07
29th April 2009, 14:28
and also where to register the baby after birth? in phil embassy or in scotland?

thanks.

You can register or report the birth of your baby in the Philippine embassy before his/her first birthday and apply his/her passport together with the application if you wish too:)

Goodluck:)

Ann07
29th April 2009, 14:31
If parents are filipino citizen and child born in scotland this year so when the baby will be citizen in uk?
My husband is a resident and on work permit that last until 2012 and is renewable. My husband started working in uk since 2006. I have been here just last year march 2008 on a dependent visa that last until 2012. I was working last year that lasts 8 months and stopped because i found out that im pregnant and it was very risky to continue working in a nursing home. If my child born in scotland then when he/she be a citizen in scotland? when my husband and me have our permanent residency?

When to take exams for the life in the uk test? until you've reached 3 years living in the uk or can be less than 3 yrs?[/

If you are on a work permit visa i think it would take you 5 years before you can get your ILR or indeifinite visa. You can take the exam anytime you want. FOr the baby try to check this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/children/britishcitizen/borninuk/
For

Tiggers0608
29th April 2009, 15:22
:Erm:

Hi, I think (but not sure) the child is not automatic a british citizen bcoz he/she was born in UK, (it only happens in US if a child is born there its automatic the child is US citizen).

If both parents are are still holding Filipino citizenship when the child was born in UK, the child is still Filipino citizen. But if the parents will have their ILR or permanent residence permit in UK, therefor they can apply the child for British national or something like that :rolleyes:

but still read the home office webby :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
29th April 2009, 19:01
under present laws, the child can be registered as british when one of the parents has ilr.

cleopatra
30th April 2009, 15:59
thanks very much. all these infos really helpful to me...

proud2bepinay
4th May 2009, 23:04
the law states anybody born in the uk before 31/12/1982 is british citizen by birth. anybody born after must have british blood ties e.g. mother or father must be british citizen or at least must have indefinite leave to remain the uk. check www.homeoffice.gov.uk for more info.