PDA

View Full Version : Overweight

cheesewiz
29th April 2009, 23:17
My bf just been to a week holiday to visit his son living abroad. And he is complaining a lot to me that he sat with this overweight woman for 4 hours:NoNo: and he can't blame Ryan air if they charge overweight people.
I understand that some people whose overweight bec of medical condition but i am only pointing out those people whose overweight bec they don't have a discipline on what they put on their mouth, one thing is they put themselves on risk as well as not thinking their love ones too bec being overweight can have a heart attack anytime:NoNo: and all sorts of problem.

Just a thought bec most airline charge us on our overweight luggage so do you think its right to charge overweight people on plane too?

I am not being mean to fat/overweight people.:ARsurrender:

Tawi2
29th April 2009, 23:41
If your going to penalise people for having avoirdupois will you reward those like myself who have low BMI?:Erm:

irobot
29th April 2009, 23:48
Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The Rest..."

UMMMM.... Yes and no...,Yes you have a valid point but to be totally fair perhaps have a total weight limit of human weight and luggage I am not the most slim of robots but luggage wise I am well skinny... but when going from Bangkok, Manila, Cebu... I think every Philippine person was on the border of being very over weight in the luggage department, I almost expected goats, chickens and people hanging on the outsides of the plane....Phil...

Tawi2
29th April 2009, 23:52
I watched a pinay in early march at the Cathay check-in desk at heathrow weigh a bag,obviously waaaayyy to heavy,so she took items from that bag,put them into one of her other suitcases(she had 3)weighed the original bag,found it was the ideal weight then weighed the bag she had transfered the items into,uh-oh obviously overweight again,so she removed items from the second bag and placed them in the third bag then weighed the second bag....................what a pantomime :doh I think your right irobot :icon_lol:

irobot
30th April 2009, 01:50
Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The Rest..."

In Bangkok airport i saw one man who had a massive flat screen tv in a shopping trolly he was taking home to the UK... how mads that !!!...Phil...

Florge
30th April 2009, 03:57
My Sweetheart was slightly overweight before, I was worried that later on he might have a heart problem and etc... So what I did I convinced him to buy an exercise bike and I challenge him every night riding and cycling on the exercise bike while watching TV. If I did about 25Km he has to do the same or more and until it became our habits. I also encouraged to ride on bike every weekend especially when the weather is good. We cycle together around the village.
I love cooking and he loves everything I cooked. So I realized that I have to blame myself that I feed him too much so what I did I changed our diet. No more rice especially in the morning, coz I used to make " tapsilog" or " Longsilog" ( sausage, fried egg and fried rice). I just serve him fruits and cereal in the morning, then I make him green salad and tuna sandwich and yogurt for his lunch box. For dinner I avoid red meat instead I cook grilled fish and then steamed vegetable.
I think,if they are already overweight we can not changed them but we can help them to minimize the intake of fatty foods and carbohydrates.
The other tricks I did was, I told him if he will put on more weight , NO more S_x :icon_lol::icon_lol: and it happend he did not have it for 2 weeks, so he really did a work-out until he lost 2 stones. :icon_lol::icon_lol:
Now, he is grateful that I helped him to changed his eating habits and he became very active. He feels so good about himself and he feels more confident now.:)

I like this idea... not :Sex::Sex::Sex:if he doesn't lose weight... I'll tell my fiancee that... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
30th April 2009, 09:29
Just a thought bec most airline charge us on our overweight luggage so do you think its right to charge overweight people on plane too?
I've been saying that for years but it would be against the EU Human Rights Act :doh

They weight allowance should include person+luggage, although I do notice that the checkin folk tend to be more relaxed on limits with smaller folk, so maybe an unwritten rule.

DaveUK
30th April 2009, 13:16
My bf just been to a week holiday to visit his son living abroad. And he is complaining a lot to me that he sat with this overweight woman for 4 hours:NoNo: and he can't blame Ryan air if they charge overweight people.
I understand that some people whose overweight bec of medical condition but i am only pointing out those people whose overweight bec they don't have a discipline on what they put on their mouth, one thing is they put themselves on risk as well as not thinking their love ones too bec being overweight can have a heart attack anytime:NoNo: and all sorts of problem.

It's not my fault! I'm just big boned! And I suffer from water retention! And.....!!! Honest! :D

IainBusby
30th April 2009, 13:33
It's not my fault! I'm just big boned! And I suffer from water retention! And.....!!! Honest! :D

You just wait till you've got a pinay wife who always serves you enormous portions and then pulls a pouty face if you leave some food on your plate. :xxparty-smiley-004:

DaveUK
30th April 2009, 14:08
You just wait till you've got a pinay wife who always serves you enormous potions and then pulls a pouty face if you leave some food on your plate. :xxparty-smiley-004:

lol I've already learnt that when eating out to always find out what she fancies eating in case I want it as well. Then I order something else as I know I'll be eating half of hers anyway! :)

Dreading it when she finally gets to the UK as I know you're spot on fella! I've seen the size of the breakfasts she cooks! It's usually bigger than anything I've ever prepared myself, and I never usually know when enough is enough! :D

bornatbirth
30th April 2009, 14:23
I like this idea... not :Sex::Sex::Sex:if he doesn't lose weight... I'll tell my fiancee that... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i will tell my wife that :Erm::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
30th April 2009, 14:47
Got a filipina teacher friend,and shes so fat the reason she still single because no guy like her.....(sad) but its not what she eat or she dont have discipline on herself..its just the doctor said there is hormone that didnt function properly...tough!!!
There is also one,she still thin even eating loads

DaveUK
30th April 2009, 15:15
Got a filipina teacher friend,and shes so fat the reason she still single because no guy like her.....(sad) but its not what she eat or she dont have discipline on herself..its just the doctor said there is hormone that didnt function properly...tough!!!

I could almost get offended at that attitude if it wasn't for the fact I was a jolly fat man! :D

KeithD
30th April 2009, 15:28
..its just the doctor said there is hormone that didnt function properly...
:Erm: If you don't put fat in, and excess food you will not burn off, it is physically impossible to put on weight!

Mrs.JMajor
30th April 2009, 17:30
I could almost get offended at that attitude if it wasn't for the fact I was a jolly fat man! :D
Dont worry your cute head,there is Yam loving you dearly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm: If you don't put fat in, and excess food you will not burn off, it is physically impossible to put on weight!
Dont know,cant argue with the doctor or she is lieng :Erm:

DaveUK
30th April 2009, 17:51
Dont worry your cute head,there is Yam loving you dearly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dont know,cant argue with the doctor or she is lieng :Erm:

But as there's more of me than her, she obviously gets the better end of the deal in this relationship! :icon_lol:

Ladybug_sim
30th April 2009, 18:13

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: wish i can add some more weight as they keep saying that i am too thin :cwm24: i eat good but still can't give my body weight :bigcry:... my bug keep me eating too but until now it is same looking for my self ... :doh

Sim11UK
30th April 2009, 18:20
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: wish i can add some more weight as they keep saying that i am too thin :cwm24: i eat good but still can't give my body weight :bigcry:... my bug keep me eating too but until now it is same looking for my self ... :doh

Hey, I like you just as you are...You look GRRREAT!!!...Many women in the UK would kill for your figure. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

Mrs.JMajor
1st May 2009, 00:49
Hey, I like you just as you are...You look GRRREAT!!!...Many women in the UK would kill for your figure. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

Very true,i second the motion,hubby always said to me"look the typical western woman,stomach hanging over thier trouses and tits hanging out"...opsss :Bolt: :peepwall:

He is mean :CompBuster:

pennybarry
1st May 2009, 08:16

Can't blame those BIG BRITONS including my family here lols I onced critisized them why they eat too much food. I can see they really enjoys eating and have money to buy those. Their budget for food is shocking expensive. I'm the only small and slim in this house as I really discipline myself to watch every food I eat. I love veggies and fish not to become big but I cannot resist chocolates and loose my self-discipline. My doctor said don't eat chocolates if I want my lump not to become large. But chocolates for me is irresistible:doh
Some filipina wives I have noticed, they becoming big too, maybe they're infected with hubby eating too much:D or maybe they eat their hubbies left -over.:omg:

But you will notice here Cheeze, life span here is long. Even if they are ill, they still live very long.

I think every Philippine person was on the border of being very over weight in the luggage department, I almost expected goats, chickens and people hanging on the outsides of the plane....Phil...

I agree:doh
I remember when I was in Holland, I stayed there for 3 months and met members of filipino association. Weeks before I left them, they asked me what pasalubong (presence) I want to bring with my family. I said chocolates or soap. A week before I left, my friend said she weigh my luggage and it's already excess of 15 kls. It's full of chockies and soap etc.
I told my hubby that I have problem w/ this and he gave me his fishing vest with 4 pockets outside and 4 hidden pockets inside. I bought buggy pants with 6 pockets too.
Gulf Air weigh my luggage and it was 15 kilos excess, I need to put all excess to my pockets but still I excess of 7 kilos and I can't almost walk because I was carrying heavy loads. I have bagpack, still spacious but not allowed to add more. So I need to dump 7 kilos of soap or 7 kilos of chocolates. I was too confused what to dump but preferred soap to dump.
While walking to board the plane, I feel I'm carrying the world. 10 kilos my bagpack which still allowed during that time and 8 kilos from my pockets. I stopped walking and moved all chockies from my pockets to my bagpack because I look like a michellin and couldn't walk. But after putting them all together,
I can't move on because of heavy load at my back! But only few yards walk and will be soon board the plane so I walked very slow. Stop walk stop walk Ahhhh at long last I made it. :D
But I still have my stop over at Bahrain so start walking again. Luckily my ticket upgraded into business class. But stewardess gave me a plastic bag with some stuffs inside. 2 boxes of Belgian Chocolates, 1 Bahrain Formula 1 T-shirt and 1 pair jogging pants and t-shirt courtesy of Gulf Air. I was thinking how can I carry all those things as I feel ill already. I feel I had broken shoulder.
When I arrived home, I stayed in bed for two days, hubby called and wanting for a chat. He said he has good news to me and asked how was my journey. I said I'm ill just tell me the good news. He said he will come to Pinas soon to marry me. I said that's great but please don't forget my chocolates. He said bloody hell, what kind of woman I'm going to marry?

KeithD
1st May 2009, 08:43
.....or maybe they eat their hubbies left -over.:omg:
:xxparty-smiley-004:

babygo
1st May 2009, 09:14
if you like cheap nike shoes , pls search on google , tks!

Sophie
1st May 2009, 22:18

I agree, some women have this hormonal condition, its more of a thyroid problem. Those with HYPOthyroid have the tendency to gain even if they are not consuming excessive food. Where as those with HYPERthryroid doesn't gain that much no matter how much they eat.

eagles
2nd May 2009, 00:57
think, i have to start dieting... I am overweight. well, here in the Phils, they all sorts of slimming tea, slimming pills ( made in china??), anti cellulite creams etc....... almost all meds company are trying to promote weight reduction concoctions. aside from these whitening stuffs for pinay... the second is the weight reducing stuff ( !! )... ( v ) Time to go and start my exercises..... (breaking bones huh)

pennybarry
2nd May 2009, 07:56
I think size does not matter it is the whole personality and image counts.
Looking good is useless if you have a bad image and personality, it is the the beauty from the inside that matter most. :)

Very true!
You have handsome hubby tamad naman

As a saying goes in Pinas, Ang kagandahan panlabas ay naglalaho pag dating ng panahon.
Subali't ang kagandahang panloob ay mananatili. (Outside beauty will be vanished in time but inner beauty will still remain)

all sorts of slimming tea, slimming pills ( made in china??), anti cellulite creams etc....... almost all meds company are trying to promote weight reduction concoctions. aside from these whitening stuffs for pinay... the second is the weight reducing stuff

Slimming tea/pills will just make you feel poooh. Your stomach will tremble anytime anywhere:doh

Just keeps on excersise+diet:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Been to GYM before for years. Plus diet (fruit, veggies, a cup of rice, fish) it works:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
2nd May 2009, 08:53
Those with HYPOthyroid have the tendency to gain even if they are not consuming excessive food. .
That is physically IMPOSSIBLE! Unless they absorb fat from the air :doh

Sophie
2nd May 2009, 11:05
That is physically IMPOSSIBLE! Unless they absorb fat from the air :doh

What i'm saying is, if 2 people eat thesame amount but the other one have hypothyroid and the other hyperthyroid, chances are , the one with hypothyroid gains more weight because of slow metabolism due to the thyroid condition where as the one with hyperthyroid is the opposite.

KeithD
2nd May 2009, 12:18
What i'm saying is, if 2 people eat thesame amount but the other one have hypothyroid and the other hyperthyroid, chances are , the one with hypothyroid gains more weight because of slow metabolism due to the thyroid condition where as the one with hyperthyroid is the opposite.
Then you eat less :Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
2nd May 2009, 12:20

I think the boss graduated as being a doctor too...:D so we cant argue to him,he also didnt believe on what i post too about my friend :Cuckoo:

KeithD
2nd May 2009, 12:56
I think the boss graduated as being a doctor too...:D so we cant argue to him,he also didnt believe on what i post too about my friend :Cuckoo:
I'm researching gynecology now, anyone want me to have a look? :Cuckoo:

Sophie
2nd May 2009, 13:04
Then you eat less :Erm:

I guess that's the best solution then :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol:

kimmi
2nd May 2009, 18:48
that's why it will be better if we watch what we eat..

check all the food labels..exercise even just by walking and going up and downstairs can help u burn some calories..

maybe u like to watch this link...:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jz1kq

I'm researching gynecology now, anyone want me to have a look? :Cuckoo:

we need an Obstetrician as well, Boss:Erm::doh:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
2nd May 2009, 20:22
we need an Obstetrician as well, Boss:Erm::doh:icon_lol:

and a witch docter? :icon_lol:

KeithD
2nd May 2009, 20:32
and a witch docter? :icon_lol:
Which witch? :Erm:

Mrs Daddy
2nd May 2009, 22:54
sexercise as they said is good on losing weight:Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol: is that right boss?:yikes:

KeithD
3rd May 2009, 08:55
sexercise as they said is good on losing weight:Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol: is that right boss?:yikes:
I wouldn't know, we haven't tried it yet! :Cuckoo:

Mrs Daddy
3rd May 2009, 11:25
I wouldn't know, we haven't tried it yet! :Cuckoo:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

johncar54
3rd May 2009, 11:50
There is no doubt, the ONLY way one can put on weight is as a result of what they eat and drink.

Of course some people burn up more calories than others and some gain weight on the same amount of food and some don’t. It’s an individual thing.

Looking toward exercise as a way to counteract the excess food is pointless. Having trained for, and run several marathons I can assure you the amount one can burn by exercise is in reality negligible. Exercise helps tone the body and maintain better physique but don’t think it will make you slim whilst you over consume.

Most of my life I maintained the weight level I wanted without caring what I ate or drank. Over the past few years with increasing age, that has not been so. I was trying for at least 6 months to loose weight by eating what I considered was very little, I stopped drinking alcohol and kept up my fitness prog. I was hungry most of the time.

Three months ago, seeing how a friend had lost weight, I reluctantly went to a weight loss group. It was the type where there are green days, eat vegetables/pasta/potatoes/rice/fruit etc. as much as you like, but controlled amounts of meat/fish etc, or red days, eat as much meat/fish etc but controlled veg, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. For me the green days are best, lots of rice and pasta, which is also great for my wife, as of course rice for every, meal is no problem! I lost one and a half stone (9 kgms) in 8 weeks. I am never hungry now. I also lost 5 inches off my 44" waist.

I am now 69, 5`8” and weigh 77kgm (12 stone) which I believe is my best weight.

Sophie
3rd May 2009, 14:27
There is no doubt, the ONLY way one can put on weight is as a result of what they eat and drink.

Of course some people burn up more calories than others and some gain weight on the same amount of food and some don’t. It’s an individual thing.

Looking toward exercise as a way to counteract the excess food is pointless. Having trained for, and run several marathons I can assure you the amount one can burn by exercise is in reality negligible. Exercise helps tone the body and maintain better physique but don’t think it will make you slim whilst you over consume.

Most of my life I maintained the weight level I wanted without caring what I ate or drank. Over the past few years with increasing age, that has not been so. I was trying for at least 6 months to loose weight by eating what I considered was very little, I stopped drinking alcohol and kept up my fitness prog. I was hungry most of the time.

Three months ago, seeing how a friend had lost weight, I reluctantly went to a weight loss group. It was the type where there are green days, eat vegetables/pasta/potatoes/rice/fruit etc. as much as you like, but controlled amounts of meat/fish etc, or red days, eat as much meat/fish etc but controlled veg, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. For me the green days are best, lots of rice and pasta, which is also great for my wife, as of course rice for every, meal is no problem! I lost one and a half stone (9 kgms) in 8 weeks. I am never hungry now. I also lost 5 inches off my 44" waist.

I am now 69, 5`8” and weigh 77kgm (12 stone) which I believe is my best weight.

wow, good for you :xxgrinning--00xx3: keep it up :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

flomike
4th May 2009, 21:05
i am trying to loose weight i am not considered as obese but i am a bit overweight:NoNo: can't resist chocs. right now i am doing sit ups every morning hope it helps coz its quite a hardwork.

my husband's prob is not being overweight being too tall ( nearly 6'5") for a very uncomfy sit on plane.