PDA

View Full Version : HELP: need info on UK Student Visa Sponsor

Nevermind
4th May 2009, 04:38
Hi everyone! This is my first post here.Need some help.

I am currently a permanent resident here in Australia but i have a sister in the Philippines who intends to apply for a student visa in the near future.The UK border agency website indicates that one of the requirement of the visa application is the following

Bank statement or letter confirming that you have enough money available to cover your course fees and monthly living costs for up to one year, at the time you submit your application

You must be able to prove that the money you need to apply has been in your account for 28 days before you submit your application.

I intend to provide all the financial support that will be needed by my sister during the student visa application and during her stay in the UK in the event that she will be granted the visa.I believe that i have the enough and ample amount of funds to support her.I am able to provide the following if required

1) Statement/letter or certification from my Australian bank indicating the amount that i currently have with them
2) Statutory declaration witnessed by an Australian Justice of Peace stating that i will be supporting my sister in all her financial needs during the student visa application and during her stay in UK if granted the visa.

My query is will the above mentioned documents be acceptable with the UK Border Agency or UK Visa Application Centre instead of my sister creating her own account in the Philippines and presenting a bank statement with her name in it?

My sister's agency who will be assisting her in the visa application also mentioned that she will be needing to present a bank statement or bank book upon arrival in the UK as a proof that she have the enough funds to support her stay in the UK during her study.Will presenting the above mentioned documents (nos. 1 and 2) be honoured and enough to present upon arrival in the UK?

If the following is unacceptable are they any other ways that are acceptable to the agency or centre if the applicant of the student visa is to be supported by an sponsor or relative who have the enough funds to support the applicant of his/her financial needs.

Your prompt response shall be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Nevermind

keithAngel
4th May 2009, 09:07
You must be able to prove that the money you need to apply has been in your account for 28 days before you submit your application.

This would be the key line as its not you that's applying and in any case from the perspective of the UK visa issuers words are not enforceable

Two thoughts open a US dollar account for her in the Phils or she could study in Aus were you are perhaps the Australians will let you direct sponsor:xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is not a definitive answer but pretty close I think