PDA

View Full Version : phone calls

rutlandlad
4th May 2009, 11:37
I have read on here about free o2 phone calls to Philippines, but I am not able to locate the necessary prefix number. Could someone please advise this number. Many Thanks

aromulus
4th May 2009, 13:44
I have read on here about free o2 phone calls to Philippines, but I am not able to locate the necessary prefix number. Could someone please advise this number. Many Thanks

A couple of minutes googling is enough...:doh

http://www.cleverates.com/free_0844_calls_abroad_O2_using_cross-network_minutes.php

http://www.pennyphone.co.uk/call_abroad_for_free.php

http://berkshire.adzooks.co.uk/services/other/how-to-make-free-calls-abroad-on-o2-orange-or-3-mobile-call-india-pakistan-poland-australia-using-your-free-minutes-1072851.html

http://www.ukclassifieds.co.uk/call_abroad_free_using_t_mobile_orange_o2_bundled_minutes-o175138.html

I guess you got the idea...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
4th May 2009, 13:57
Nice one Mod,we are using 02 sim too...if we top up credits for £ 15 pounds,we had 100 minutes free call for one month in PI

Ana_may365
4th May 2009, 15:29
Nice one Mod,we are using 02 sim too...if we top up credits for £ 15 pounds,we had 100 minutes free call for one month in PI

really!!!!is it true????:omg::dohi have a lot o2 simcards but i didnt know about this,coz at this time i use T-...... simcards:doh:doh:Brick::Brick:

Mrs.JMajor
4th May 2009, 17:19
really!!!!is it true????:omg::dohi have a lot o2 simcards but i didnt know about this,coz at this time i use T-...... simcards:doh:doh:Brick::Brick:

Yes po :) when i was in PI,i told him stop calling,just send txt,but he said its expensive to text than call ,he said he got 100 minutes every month free to call me,now I am here,Im using it to my jed :)

tiN
4th May 2009, 17:43

:omg::omg: Ate Juliette im using o2 po but it is plan, is that counted for 100 mins? :D

Mrs.JMajor
4th May 2009, 17:59
:omg::omg: Ate Juliette im using o2 po but it is plan, is that counted for 100 mins? :D

I ask hubby about it,and how he managed to find it ...let you know :D

Mrs Daddy
4th May 2009, 22:01

do you have to use 2 sim card juliet one for here and one for pinas if so do you have to top up the two sims as well:Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
4th May 2009, 22:09
do you have to use 2 sim card juliet one for here and one for pinas if so do you have to top up the two sims as well:Erm:

I had my globe roaming....and yes i put credit on globe valid for 2 months(php 300)...about 02,that was hubby sim,(mobile)Im just using the free call, to call jed:D

Mrs Daddy
4th May 2009, 23:01
Oh!tnx I thought I have to send them another 02 sim to contact them.am on mobile world at present but its good to know thats theres another cheaper option though!:)

Mrs.JMajor
4th May 2009, 23:21
Oh!tnx I thought I have to send them another 02 sim to contact them.am on mobile world at present but its good to know thats theres another cheaper option though!:)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Arthur Little
4th May 2009, 23:47
I'm bamboozled by all the 'gen' posted on this topic. Maybe it's my "advanced" age! :icon_lol: But, on the rare occasions I use my 'pay-as-you go' T-Mobile calling plan, it seems to cost me a small fortune - even ringing locally. Basically, what I'd like to know IS: are there any "cheap" options (and I don't mean calling cards) for using my LANDLINE to contact Myrna's family and friends in the Phils?

At present I have a contract with tiscali uk which allows me to phone any British mainland landline from John o' Groats to Lands End "free of charge" for around £27 a month; however this deal does not extend to calls abroad.

Can anyone advise?

Jay&Zobel
5th May 2009, 00:09
I'm bamboozled by all the 'gen' posted on this topic. Maybe it's my "advanced" age! :icon_lol: But, on the rare occasions I use my 'pay-as-you go' T-Mobile calling plan, it seems to cost me a small fortune - even ringing locally. Basically, what I'd like to know IS: are there any "cheap" options (and I don't mean calling cards) for using my LANDLINE to contact Myrna's family and friends in the Phils?

At present I have a contract with tiscali uk which allows me to phone any British mainland landline from John o' Groats to Lands End "free of charge" for around £27 a month; however this deal does not extend to calls abroad.

Can anyone advise?

Use skype, price is very reasonable... but it's a PC to landline phone:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th May 2009, 00:17
Use skype, price is very reasonable... but it's a PC to landline phone:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very useful to know, and certainly worth trying!! Ta Zobel. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
5th May 2009, 00:27

Very useful to know, and certainly worth trying!! Ta Zobel. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

No problemo Arthur, the last time i checked it was only £0.11/minute PC to landline calls

But some are using phone cards (i think they are cheaper):Erm:

thejarvs
5th May 2009, 06:32
You can find 9ppm (pence per minute) to phil mobile 7ppm to phil landline by using an access number where you dial a 0800 number then the number you require, just google 'cheap calls' there are hundreds of them. Or have a quick look through one of the pinoy newspapers like 'Planet Philippines' there are plenty of adds.

We use O2 sims now though :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rutlandlad
5th May 2009, 08:50
Thankyou folks for the info.

sunshine
5th May 2009, 10:24
My fiance is using 02 sim, he has 200 minutes international free call every month. he rings me everyday, using it sparingly so we can talk everyday until it expires and receive another free 200 the following month:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
5th May 2009, 10:38
No problemo Arthur, the last time i checked it was only £0.11/minute PC to landline calls

:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Agree with u Manay :D

That is how me and my family use to chat Skype though it is PC to PC eventhough they dont have a credit we can still each other.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
5th May 2009, 10:42
But some are using phone cards (i think they are cheaper):Erm:

:NoNo::NoNo: I use that before buy worth £5+ free £5 also, but once u use it u need to use it straight or else they will charge u everyday eventhough ur not using it :doh:doh:doh

Jay&Zobel
5th May 2009, 11:08
You can find 9ppm (pence per minute) to phil mobile 7ppm to phil landline by using an access number where you dial a 0800 number then the number you require, just google 'cheap calls' there are hundreds of them. Or have a quick look through one of the pinoy newspapers like 'Planet Philippines' there are plenty of adds.

We use O2 sims now though :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Might consider this...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My fiance is using 02 sim, he has 200 minutes international free call every month. he rings me everyday, using it sparingly so we can talk everyday until it expires and receive another free 200 the following month:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll check with o2 if my husband's & my contract allows this...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Agree with u Manay :D

That is how me and my family use to chat Skype though it is PC to PC eventhough they dont have a credit we can still each other.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Atchu,
I like Skype PC to PC because it's totally free, video calls are excellent and no chipmunk voice due to delay! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 14:47
Wow he top up 30 pounds a month :yikes: because 15 pounds is 100 minutes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN ,My hubby said doesnt work the free call on plan :NoNo:
We had skype,but I dont find it cheap:NoNo: I'd rather go 02 sim

jimcarie
5th May 2009, 15:03
we use skype to call phil mobile and it only charge us 4p a min

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 15:06
we use skype to call phil mobile and it only charge us 4p a min

check the latest charge,i just put down the phone,cost me 10p per minute :Brick:

jimcarie
5th May 2009, 15:09
check the latest charge,i just put down the phone,cost me 10p per minute :Brick:

yeah but you live down south ,everything more expensive there :icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 15:14
yeah but you live down south ,everything more expensive there :icon_lol:

hahaha,teasing....lol :Rasp::action-smiley-081: I dont find it expensive here,you see....:Cuckoo:

smiler78
5th May 2009, 18:32
I'm a Virgin media customer and they have at an extra charge on top of your phone line rental a Talk anywhere plan, I think I pay them about £30 and I get 800 minutes anywhere in the world, so I can talk to my fiancee without worrying! hope this helps someone.

Carl.

sunshine
5th May 2009, 18:36
I'm a Virgin media customer and they have at an extra charge on top of your phone line rental a Talk anywhere plan, I think I pay them about £30 and I get 800 minutes anywhere in the world, so I can talk to my fiancee without worrying! hope this helps someone.

Carl.

I will inform my fiance about this. thnx:xxgrinning--00xx3:

smiler78
5th May 2009, 18:48
Your very welcome Sunshine I know £30 seems a lot more but I was spending so much more than that a month talking to her and now we have 800 minutes we can just go wild:REDancedancer08:

sunshine
5th May 2009, 18:54
Your very welcome Sunshine I know £30 seems a lot more but I was spending so much more than that a month talking to her and now we have 800 minutes we can just go wild:REDancedancer08:

My fiance is paying 30pounds per month(o2 sim) and only 200minutes free int'l. but 800mins free:yikes: god we be in heaven talking every minute:BouncyHappy::Rasp:

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 19:01

lol hahaha non stop :xxgrinning--00xx3:

smiler78
5th May 2009, 19:02
Just PM me if you need any more information, ill be happy to help.

smiler78
5th May 2009, 19:04
lol hahaha non stop :xxgrinning--00xx3: haha even went over the 800 minutes last month lol:Rasp:

darren-b
5th May 2009, 19:07

Carl.

I will inform my fiance about this. thnx:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Unfortunately Virginmedia only offer this service in the areas that they've upgraded to digital cable. So even though I can get a Virginmedia cable connection (not the whole of the UK is covered) I can't get this service.

Dee31
26th May 2009, 20:24
I gotta tell hubby about this good news in 02! Thank you for sharing. I have been paying £100/mo on my phone bills alone! :(