PDA

View Full Version : Its been a Month allready !!!

Belmontboy
5th May 2009, 14:29
To all those who are waiting for visa applications, hang in there and don't panic. Jessica has been here in UK for a month now, and all that waiting and worrying is DEFINATLY worth while.

Remember, submit ALL paperwork they ask for and try to minimise the reasons for them to reject the visa.

GOOD LUCK !!!!

bornatbirth
5th May 2009, 14:37
:xxgrinning--00xx3:sure is!

seems alot of fuss when your doing it?

but well worth it!

aromulus
5th May 2009, 14:56
Jessica has been here in UK for a month now, and all that waiting and worrying is DEFINATLY worth while.
!!!!

Got some clean socks at long last, huh...???

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 15:04
:icon_lol::icon_lol: and changing under pants everyday ,change shirt every 2 days now,unlike before one shirt for 5 working days as it was black in color,no one notice if its dirty,beside people dont get sweat here,so no bad smell :D

sunshine
5th May 2009, 18:39

:icon_lol:

mickcant
5th May 2009, 19:55
To all those who are waiting for visa applications, hang in there and don't panic. Jessica has been here in UK for a month now, and all that waiting and worrying is DEFINATLY worth while.

Remember, submit ALL paperwork they ask for and try to minimise the reasons for them to reject the visa.

GOOD LUCK !!!!

We are now in week three and it seems ages ago ! :doh
Getting the paperwork together seemed to go on forever
but will be wort it when my wife arrives here.:cwm38:
Mick.:Cuckoo:

aromulus
5th May 2009, 19:56
people dont get sweat here,so no bad smell :D

Oh yeah....???:Erm:

You must be having some sinus problems then.....:omg:

Jem
5th May 2009, 21:52
Our paperwork is ready to submit after the wedding in June. Is it ok to apply for the visa straight after the wedding? Also there is a section on the application that refers to 'how is your trip the the UK going to be funded'.. something like that.. I dont really understand, im probably being stupid but is this just how are you paying for the flight?

sunshine
6th May 2009, 05:44
Our paperwork is ready to submit after the wedding in June. Is it ok to apply for the visa straight after the wedding? Also there is a section on the application that refers to 'how is your trip the the UK going to be funded'.. something like that.. I dont really understand, im probably being stupid but is this just how are you paying for the flight?

I dont remember that question when i filled up my app form last Apr:Erm:

Did you check the new application form(2008)?

LEAHnew
6th May 2009, 12:11

GOOD LUCK !!!!
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Nice to hear the news about Jessica:) and thanks for the advice and good luck:)

Same like Sunsine I did not encounter that question:Erm:, your husband must be using the VAF4a if he will going to apply Settlement (spouse visa).

I guess it's ok to apply for the visa right after your weddign if you both lucky enough to receive the marriage certificate very quickly some got it a month or more like the other members expereince here:doh and of course all the supporting documents must be ready:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Goodluck Jem and best wishes:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Arthur Little
6th May 2009, 12:45

Your post indicates that the ceremony will be conducted in the Phils ... in which case, your visa application will need to include a copy of the original marriage certificate VERIFIED by the National Statistics Office in Manila.

In relation to your second question: I suspect the main purpose of the part you're referring to, is to satisfy Entry Clearance Officials that an applicant's sponsor [in this case, the husband] is sufficiently solvent financially to afford both the outlay incurred in bringing his wife to the UK and, supporting her thereafter, without becoming dependent on public funds.

A June wedding sounds great. All the best for your BIG day!

Jem
9th May 2009, 13:27
I dont remember that question when i filled up my app form last Apr:Erm:

Did you check the new application form(2008)?

Yeh, its the new application form.. i think its NOV 2008?? Cant remember for sure..

Jem
9th May 2009, 13:29
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Nice to hear the news about Jessica:) and thanks for the advice and good luck:)

Same like Sunsine I did not encounter that question:Erm:, your husband must be using the VAF4a if he will going to apply Settlement (spouse visa).

I guess it's ok to apply for the visa right after your weddign if you both lucky enough to receive the marriage certificate very quickly some got it a month or more like the other members expereince here:doh and of course all the supporting documents must be ready:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Goodluck Jem and best wishes:Hellooo::Hellooo:

We are getting married in Thailand, i think we just get a document and then the marriage cert is to follow.. :/ so maybe we will have to wait for a while.

Jem
9th May 2009, 13:32
Your post indicates that the ceremony will be conducted in the Phils ... in which case, your visa application will need to include a copy of the original marriage certificate VERIFIED by the National Statistics Office in Manila.

In relation to your second question: I suspect the main purpose of the part you're referring to, is to satisfy Entry Clearance Officials that an applicant's sponsor [in this case, the husband] is sufficiently solvent financially to afford both the outlay incurred in bringing his wife to the UK and, supporting her thereafter, without becoming dependent on public funds.

A June wedding sounds great. All the best for your BIG day!

So yeh... our wedding is in Thailand. Im not sure when we get our original marriage cert so this could cause a delay...

Im the sponsor.. (the wife) :)

somebody
10th May 2009, 11:31

GOOD LUCK !!!!

DOnt think all the paperwork and fun with public offices is over oh no:D

Sorting out NI which is not hard but for many means traveling to the office and took most of a day up.

Theres sorting all the paperwork so some in joint name and some in your Wifes name. In readyness for the ILR.

Then theres the finding of the money for the ILR and citzenship and then UK Passport:rolleyes: Which should cover the cost of a mid size Hospital somewhere, that or part of an expense claim for an MP:D