PDA

View Full Version : Immigration re ID Cards Spouse Visa Etc

John Chingford
5th May 2009, 18:50
can anyone give accurate advice on what my wife should do?

My wife a Filipina received a fiancee visa to Britain on Nov27 2008 just 2 days after the changes in UK. We are now married in Britain (a week ago) visa expires 27 May and she is now applying for a 2 year spouse visa. The Home office require her to fill out a FLR (M) form but ask for her title (Miss or Mrs)and her full name as appears in her passport. Her passport is her maiden name, but if she gives this information I think the new ID card will show her maiden name and as a Miss.

The Philippine embassy advise that she get the "amendment" page of her green passport amended to married name but I am unsure whether Home office will notice the amendment as they may not look at the amendments page of passport.

First, does she really need to notify Philippine embassy of her marriage to British citizen and are there any implications or ramifications of not doing so or not having an ID card with her maiden name instead of married name?
What are the repercussions of having ID card in single name rather than married name. Does it HAVE to be correct? For example once her passport expires at end of 2011 will it become an issue?
Does anybody know the best thing to do?

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 19:02
http://filipinaroses.com/search.php?searchid=620336

pssshhh.double post

vbkelly
5th May 2009, 19:10

My wife a Filipina received a fiancee visa to Britain on Nov27 2008 just 2 days after the changes in UK. We are now married in Britain (a week ago) visa expires 27 May and she is now applying for a 2 year spouse visa. The Home office require her to fill out a FLR (M) form but ask for her title (Miss or Mrs)and her full name as appears in her passport. Her passport is her maiden name, but if she gives this information I think the new ID card will show her maiden name and as a Miss.

The Philippine embassy advise that she get the "amendment" page of her green passport amended to married name but I am unsure whether Home office will notice the amendment as they may not look at the amendments page of passport.

First, does she really need to notify Philippine embassy of her marriage to British citizen and are there any implications or ramifications of not doing so or not having an ID card with her maiden name instead of married name?
What are the repercussions of having ID card in single name rather than married name. Does it HAVE to be correct? For example once her passport expires at end of 2011 will it become an issue?

if she have a fiancee visa next visa you apply is FLR i think. but the other member here same situation as you must knows about it so they can give you an advice. goodluck!

Lynn
30th May 2009, 21:20

hello,

first thing your wife need to do is report your marriage to the philippine embassy. she can get the form from the philippine embassy website. second thing, she has to apply for passport amendment, which she can also get the form from the website. she can apply by post which would only take for few days. when she gets her amended passport back from the embassy, thats the time she can apply for further leave to remain ( Marriage) which would take 20 days or more by post. she also needs to apply for Identity card for foreign national.
hope these will help. good luck!

Lynn
30th May 2009, 21:23
hello,

first thing your wife need to do is report your marriage to the philippine embassy. she can get the form from the philippine embassy website. second thing, she has to apply for passport amendment, which she can also get the form from the website. she can apply by post which would only take for few days. when she gets her amended passport back from the embassy, thats the time she can apply for further leave to remain ( Marriage) which would take 20 days or more by post. she also needs to apply for Identity card for foreign national.
hope these will help. good luck!

...her passport should be amended already as married with a different surname before she applies for the flr(m). or else, she might experience problems in the application for the identity card.

Mrs.JMajor
30th May 2009, 22:08
...her passport should be amended already as married with a different surname before she applies for the flr(m). or else, she might experience problems in the application for the identity card.

Most of members in the forum didnt ammend passport when we apply FLR, I got my ICFN (Identity Card for Foriegn National) with no problem at all

John Chingford
31st May 2009, 03:22
please see my thread titled

Latest Information On UK Fiancee visas, Spouse Visas, ID Cards

This gives full clarity as to what should or should not be done as learnt from experience and fact. This should answer all your queries