PDA

View Full Version : Fiance Visa: Some more questions

jasper99
5th May 2009, 20:39
Hi There,

I have a cuple of questions regarding the fiance visa.

My self and my girlfriend Bloom have been together for over 6months. I met here in Butuan and went back again last month to visit her family.

Now we would like to get married and stay together.

Is there a minimum time you should be together for the purposes of the visa?

Will she definitely have to go to Manila for an interview?

Do you get a refund if the visa is refused?

Thanks for any responses.

Joe

sunshine
5th May 2009, 21:01
Hi There,

My self and my girlfriend Bloom have been together for over 6months. I met here in Butuan and went back again last month to visit her family.

Joe

Only six months and getting married:rolleyes: i cant comment on minimum time together for the purpose of the visa.

It depends on the british immigration if they need to interview her. Most of the members here got their visas with no interview, very few were interviewed.

Visa fee is non-refundable.
Hope that helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jasper99
5th May 2009, 21:19
Thanks for the reply and info. Yes, it is 6 months since we met.

Well hopefully she won't be asked to go to Manila for an interview. She is in Tandag, so a long trek. I was planning on submitting everything online.

She also has a 3yr old. Does this usually have any bearing on the decision? Either positive or negative?

sunshine
5th May 2009, 21:34
Thanks for the reply and info. Yes, it is 6 months since we met.

Well hopefully she won't be asked to go to Manila for an interview. She is in Tandag, so a long trek. I was planning on submitting everything online.

She also has a 3yr old. Does this usually have any bearing on the decision? Either positive or negative?

You cannot submit online, she has to go to Manila to submit documents in person for the biometrics. Please check the vfs website for more info.

Did u mean 3 yr old son/daughter? As long as she is single, legally annuled or free to marry no problem there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 22:06
Well as long as you satisfied the ECo of your genuine relationship,you can have the fiancee visa....

And for your question of you get refund if they refused the visa...........absolutely no refund

jasper99
6th May 2009, 07:50
No refund, hmmm. Seems a bit harsh.

I strated filling in the online form but have been waiting for Bloom's passport. I will takwe another look for the info at VFS.

OK so she will have to go to Manila for the submittal of Biometrics. I also thought about a visit visa but I suppose that still requires for her to visit Manila.

Well thanks for all of your help.

Mrs.JMajor
6th May 2009, 11:50
hahaha you make me laugh about you want to refund when you get denied of your application...
Think about this....lol they exceed effort checking your documents and so and so......so hows there effort then....not paid off:Erm:

darren-b
6th May 2009, 12:39
No refund, hmmm. Seems a bit harsh.

Not really. If they did refund the feesthey would receive a lot more applications from people who had very little hope of having a visa granted.

jasper99
6th May 2009, 13:40
Yes, that is true.

The biometrics; are they fingerprints etc? So they would also need that for a visit visa right?

After taking the biometrics to Manila do you have to wait there for the visa? How long would it take? Or is it necessary to come back to Manila again for the flight?

Mrs.JMajor
6th May 2009, 14:16
After submitting the documents to VFS,she can go home to her town , because we dont know how long would it takes (monthsss) maximum of fiancee/spouse 3 months 0r 13 weeks or farther than that,Im afraid.....
Ask to add additional money for the the result so it will send to her via courier less than 500 php

rayofLight
6th May 2009, 14:58
@ www.vfs-uk-ph.com you will see all the documents needed for an applicant/ visa fee
and about biometrics...you can also read an info there in that site.....

Belmontboy
6th May 2009, 15:25
Hi There,

No, but you DO have to prove that you have met, AND have remained in contact SINCE you returned to UK

No, but there is the chance, so make sure you plan for it.

No refunds I'm afraid, that's why you have to be 10000000% sure that all the documents are enclosed.

Joe

Good Luck !

NotYou
6th May 2009, 17:14
Suppose I am lucky I didn't have any of this (my dear wife was living in Switzerland). But I did know a few of the ECOs in the Brit Embassy, and some of them could be complete rotters. I suppose they saw so many applications that they got hardened to the emotions of others at times. Another ECO I know in another country used to seem to enjoy rejecting visas.

Just overload them with evidence I suppose. Photos, letters (good old fashioned things), emails, plans, financial situation, employers references (or references from doctor, police, clergymen). Just a thought I have no experience.

jasper99
7th May 2009, 07:14
OK then. I see that it is necessary to make an appointment in Manila.

I see also on the VFS site it has a section for applying online. After submitting documents online is it then necessary to take them by hand also.

Sorry for the stupid questions but it doesn't make sense.

aromulus
7th May 2009, 07:15
Sorry for the stupid questions but it doesn't make sense.

What does...???:Erm:

jasper99
7th May 2009, 07:46
Unless the online application is simply to register the visa application and then the remainder of the documents are to be submitted by hand.

sunshine
7th May 2009, 09:29
Unless the online application is simply to register the visa application and then the remainder of the documents are to be submitted by hand.

yes applying online is simply to fill up application form and making an appointment to submit documents personally to vfs for the biometrics(fingerprints and photos). before making an appointment you have to pay visa fee first then follow the vfs checklist for sorting out papers and supporting documents.

jasper99
7th May 2009, 09:46
Thanks guys.

I'll let you know how it works out!

kimmi
7th May 2009, 10:05
Thanks guys.

I'll let you know how it works out!

Goodluck..:D