PDA

View Full Version : husbands passport for wifes citizenship

Gavanddal
7th May 2009, 20:41
We sent off for my wifes citizenship and as requested, included my passport. However after a couple of weeks I needed it back as I was going to Latvia. Eventually I got through to the right person and arranged to get it sent back for the sum of £5. They said that they might need my passport back, but why? My wife already has ILR, has a valid Schengen visa in her passport and has sent in our marriage certificate- all of which she couldn't have got without proof of my British citizenship. Seems totally unnecessary to me.

russ01539
7th May 2009, 20:44
hhmmm..you know what they like..always giving hard time..:NoNo:

Good luck on your application..:)

joebloggs
8th May 2009, 23:37
because they probably have not looked at your misses app yet :doh

you could have used NCS but it would have cost you £45 :doh

but i know what you mean, once your wife has ilr, why the need of anything from you ?

darren-b
9th May 2009, 04:52
but i know what you mean, once your wife has ilr, why the need of anything from you ?

I guess it proves that you still have a good enough relationship to give your passport over, even if it doesn't really prove much more.

joebloggs
9th May 2009, 15:51
I guess it proves that you still have a good enough relationship to give your passport over, even if it doesn't really prove much more.

you don't need to send your passport you can send your birth cert, i think maybe the reason they ask for it, is evidence of you being married to a brit, and his passport or husbands birth certs with marriage cert is evidence of that. thou whether you still need to be married to gain citizenship in 3yrs on the basis of being married to a brit , i'm not sure about :Erm: