PDA

View Full Version : People’s Champ Movement

cheesewiz
7th May 2009, 20:52
People’s Champ Movement (PCM), the newly-formed political party of Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao. With the approval of his political party, Pacquiao can start looking for candidates the party will support in the May 2010 elections. The PCM is only accredited to field candidates in the local positions in Sarangani Province and in General Santos City.
According to its constitution and by-laws, the group aims to promote the economy and improve the peace and order situation in the said province and city.

I thought at first its just a joke....but its not:omg:. I don't underestimate Pacquiao capabilities but why he wants to make his life more complicated by joining political circus. Good luck to us filipinos

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 21:03
Told ya cheese,I saw the newspaper headlines last year in Pinas....."Pacman for president" Hope he realises he will just be a puppet :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 21:06
He is studying political science at the moment,but I was told by a lecturer in Silliman that such is his popularity even if he scored 1% on his exam he would still be awarded a degree with honours :icon_lol: 200 pesos to the pound,hope he gets elected :icon_lol:

cheesewiz
7th May 2009, 21:21
He is studying political science at the moment,but I was told by a lecturer in Silliman that such is his popularity even if he scored 1% on his exam he would still be awarded a degree with honours :icon_lol: 200 pesos to the pound,hope he gets elected :icon_lol:

oh yeah many politician celebrities in Phils studied Political Science in UP like a short course and they think they are good already:D For sure loads of celebrities again running in 2010 election the funny thing is they don't want to start in lower position they want the higher position as much as possible bec more money or pork barrels:doh

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 21:25
If paquiao gets his feet under the presidential table the philippines will sink faster than Titanic after she struck the iceberg :omg: The biggest idiot politician I saw interviewed on pinoy TV was mikey arroyo,he was saying how he lives a simple life but several minutes earlier he was filmed driving a top of the range mercedes,if thats a "Simple life" gimmee some of that :icon_lol: I wonder how someone like that got to be a congressman :Erm::icon_lol:

KeithD
7th May 2009, 21:30
He lost in the last vote!

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 21:35
Mikey?People must be starting to wake up to his simplictic lifestyle :icon_lol: Wont stop him dipping his hands in the till :icon_lol:

cheesewiz
7th May 2009, 21:43
mikey arroyo the son of the president of the phils:D wanna be celebrities and politician:doh and i heard he got loads of horses..yeah simple life.

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 21:46
I remember when his mum bought him a.....whoops,sorry,I remember when his skills won him an acting role in a movie :icon_lol: Why do these people keep up the facade that they are simple living folks,let him try living in a Nippa hut sans electricity or running water far out in the boonies for a year,then I will believe him,no such thing as an honest "Politician" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

estherboaz
7th May 2009, 22:18
I heard from news that Pacman will run as Congressman of Saranggani province.

Eljohno
7th May 2009, 22:27
There is no doubt he is a great boxer but this does not mean he will be a great leader so the Filipino people need to set aside what he has done in the ring when they finally get the chance to vote for him and base it on other qualities.....

Sophie
7th May 2009, 22:28
I wonder how someone like that got to be a congressman :Erm::icon_lol:

By having a president mom :D

Sophie
7th May 2009, 22:32
I remember when his skills won him an acting role in a movie :icon_lol: Why do these people keep up the facade that they are simple living folks

because they're actors - they're good in acting

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 22:36
I was being facetious Sophie :icon_lol:Without a doubt Mikey arroyo would be a tricycle driver or fisherman without his mums name :icon_lol:

Sophie
7th May 2009, 22:46
I was being facetious Sophie :icon_lol:Without a doubt Mikey arroyo would be a tricycle driver or fisherman without his mums name :icon_lol:

Exactly :xxgrinning--00xx3: I don't even know what he had done nor accomplished for his constituents as a congressman. Probably none, except make movies.

estherboaz
7th May 2009, 22:51
Pacman will run for Congressman of Saranggani in 2010, after failing in his first bid against Darlene Custodio. if Pacman loses, he can go back and fight the remaining best fighters in his weight class.If Pacman wins, i dont know how he will represent His district.

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 22:55
Pacman will run for Congressman of Saranggani in 2010, after failing in his first bid against Darlene Custodio. if Pacman loses, he can go back and fight the remaining best fighters in his weight class.If Pacman wins, i dont know how he will represent His district.

Neither does he :Erm::NoNo::icon_lol:

Sophie
7th May 2009, 23:01

I hope he doesn't run for politics anymore, that would only ruin the good name he built for himself in boxing. He should just stick to boxing and become a legend and leave a great legacy in boxing rather than become a joke for being a puppet politician and get eaten up by the bad system and get knocked down in the political arena.

estherboaz
7th May 2009, 23:17
Its really final that he will run as congressman...lets just pray that the Filipino voters will vote wisely.

Sophie
7th May 2009, 23:19
Its really final that he will run as congressman...lets just pray that the Filipino voters will vote wisely.

oh well..........

David House
7th May 2009, 23:52
You are all very negative about Pacman. Just consider this. He clearly loves his country, and his country clearly loves him. He seems totally honest and far from stupid. He is already very wealthy so would have no need to become corrupt. Of course many will try to use him as a puppet but with his level of popularity he could achieve many reforms before the knives come out. My wife met him before he became famous and spent quite a long time chatting with him. She was very impressed with him and thought even then that he would make a good politician. The country needs someone they can follow and believe in, someone who inspires them in these difficult times. Of course he has no grasp of international affairs or finance and these skills must be provided by others but if you think about it then it may not be such a bad option when the alternatives are considered.

Sophie
8th May 2009, 00:12
Of course many will try to use him as a puppet

Exactly my point, pacman has a very big heart and concern for the masses and undoubtedly a very genuine person. But he is too good, too clean and probably too naive at this point to be in the dirty politics. The bad system will eat him up alive. I've seen so many politicians in the past who started with very pure intentions and had a very promising platform withthout any hidden personal agenda at all, but they ended up being corrupted and eaten up by the bad system. It's one against many, if not all. I'm not being negative about pacman, i'm sure he has all the good intentions and genuine concern for the people but i think he can help and serve the people in many ways other than being in politics.

pennybarry
8th May 2009, 06:51
People’s Champ Movement (PCM), the newly-formed political party of Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao. With the approval of his political party, Pacquiao can start looking for candidates the party will support in the May 2010 elections. The PCM is only accredited to field candidates in the local positions in Sarangani Province and in General Santos City.
According to its constitution and by-laws, the group aims to promote the economy and improve the peace and order situation in the said province and city.

I thought at first its just a joke....but its not:omg:. I don't underestimate Pacquiao capabilities but why he wants to make his life more complicated by joining political circus. Good luck to us filipinos

I watched his interview at CNN TALK ASIA couple of days ago and he admits that he will run in Congress but not presidency. He said he just want to serve his fellow countrymen in his province. His province is one of dangerous place in Pinas. People there loves him so nobody knows he may help keep calm the place. There are many politician in Pinas that didn't study, but because of love and respect, they are there to serve the public.

I just wish, his sincerity with people will always remain and not to be influenced by dirty politics and greedy politicians.

Florge
8th May 2009, 09:36
Well, Vilma Santos was an actress and a good one at that.. and she served Batangas quite well... and was able to stand her ground amidst power grabbing of her brother-in-law. If his popularity can end the war in Saranggani.. then, why not... he got the idealism, he got the heart of a servant.. so, why not? But I have to agree that Congress is such a high position for him when he can't even speak English well, more so, create a law.

kimmi
8th May 2009, 10:56
But I have to agree that Congress is such a high position for him when he can't even speak English well, more so, create a law.

Pacquiao seems to be learning English now compared to one of our senator who only attends the session if it's in tagalog..:doh:doh

u know who he is?:omg::omg:

Florge
8th May 2009, 11:10
Pacquiao seems to be learning English now compared to one of our senator who only attends the session if it's in tagalog..:doh:doh

u know who he is?:omg::omg:

Oh yes! LOL :rolleyes:

kimmi
8th May 2009, 11:24
Oh yes! LOL :rolleyes:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol:

that senator said we're living in the Philippines and our national language is Tagalog, that's why every sessions and bills should be in tagalog..:NoNo::doh:doh:omg:

aning di ba?:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 11:27
He has a crab mentality :icon_lol:

IainBusby
8th May 2009, 13:40
You are all very negative about Pacman. Just consider this. He clearly loves his country, and his country clearly loves him. He seems totally honest and far from stupid. He is already very wealthy so would have no need to become corrupt. Of course many will try to use him as a puppet but with his level of popularity he could achieve many reforms before the knives come out. My wife met him before he became famous and spent quite a long time chatting with him. She was very impressed with him and thought even then that he would make a good politician. The country needs someone they can follow and believe in, someone who inspires them in these difficult times. Of course he has no grasp of international affairs or finance and these skills must be provided by others but if you think about it then it may not be such a bad option when the alternatives are considered.

Most of the current batch of Filipino politicians were also quite wealthy or came from wealthy families before they became politicians, but they couldn't wait to dip their hands in the till as soon as they got elected. I don't think Manny Pacquiao will be any different.

I think he's likely to retire from the ring soon and everyone knows that politics is where the real money is in the Philippines, so what better choice for a new career. IMO he's going to cash in his popularity and then rip everyone off just like the rest of them.
Iain.

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 14:05
Iain,I spoke with several guys who used to be neighbours of his when I was in Gensan,in fact one of his old neighbours lives in Middlesex,they described him as being bugoy,average,but a decent sense of humour,none remarked on his intelligence,he has crawled out of poverty through brawn not brains,if he gets into the political ring he will be outclassed period :NoNo:Your also right,the rich in pinas want to get into politics to become richer,I have been there every single year sometimes many times a year since the early 1990's,the newspaper headlines regarding corruption never change,its just the names that do :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eagles
8th May 2009, 23:42
Pacman is a good person, however, during the last election when he run for congressman at the 1st district of south cotabato, he lost.. Why? people here believed more on pacman's skills in the ring, not in the congress. He is admired for his lowliness inspite of the money he won during fights. Last election, He was swarmed with so called political advisers who were more on pushing their agenda into Pacman's, not really pacman's agenda. We dont want another guy be a puppet of scrupulous old politicians.

IainBusby
9th May 2009, 10:51
Iain,I spoke with several guys who used to be neighbours of his when I was in Gensan,in fact one of his old neighbours lives in Middlesex,they described him as being bugoy,average,but a decent sense of humour,none remarked on his intelligence,he has crawled out of poverty through brawn not brains,if he gets into the political ring he will be outclassed period :NoNo:Your also right,the rich in pinas want to get into politics to become richer,I have been there every single year sometimes many times a year since the early 1990's,the newspaper headlines regarding corruption never change,its just the names that do :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think that even if he goes into politics with best of intentions, once he's elected he'll soon learn to play the system like all the rest..... when in Rome etc.
Iain

trader dave
9th May 2009, 23:09
dirty buisness is politics in the philippines i knew a lovely filipino guy in cebu i know the family well:xxgrinning--00xx3: he was the mayor in a place in leyte indang i think it was :Erm:well he was shot and one of his sons in up town cebu by a police officer working for the opposition party his crime HE WAS TO CLEAN he was trying to cut out some of the corruption :NoNo::cwm24: