PDA

View Full Version : Beware!

kimmi
16th May 2009, 18:01
just want to inform my friends in here who am I chatting in Yahoo, that it seems to be my YM Address is compromised..:Brick::Brick::bigcry::cwm23:

if in any case somebody is sending u a message or any malicious words or accusations that's using my address,it's not me..:NoNo::NoNo::Help1:

Ive already reported the case to yahoo and waiting for their reply..

I also wanted to say sorry to those people who has been upset with me and affected with this I do really appreciate ur time for hearing my side..:ARsurrender:

Tawi2
16th May 2009, 18:30
Change your passwords Kimmi :xxgrinning--00xx3:(or blame tourettes,I always do:cwm3:).

Pepe n Pilar
16th May 2009, 21:15
How does it work? I can't understand. You mean someone can fabricate a message?:NoNo::Erm::doh

charlwill
16th May 2009, 21:49
just want to inform my friends in here who am I chatting in Yahoo, that it seems to be my YM Address is compromised..:Brick::Brick::bigcry::cwm23:

if in any case somebody is sending u a message or any malicious words or accusations that's using my address,it's not me..:NoNo::NoNo::Help1:

I also wanted to say sorry to those people who has been upset with me and affected with this I do really appreciate ur time for hearing my side..:ARsurrender:

So, sorry to hear about this Kimmi. Hope you can hear from Yahoo very soon.

Change your passwords Kimmi :xxgrinning--00xx3:(or blame tourettes,I always do:cwm3:).

Changing the password is not the answer to this problem. People can use your name without using your email add.

How does it work? I can't understand. You mean someone can fabricate a message?:NoNo::Erm::doh
Hhmm. As far, as I know it can easily be done.
So, we must be very careful!!

Jay&Zobel
16th May 2009, 22:54

I'm sorry to hear that...

Was it just like, some kind of a virus or unknown links to website (acai pills, Xrated etc?) Or did someone literally use your name and pretend it was you? if so, he/she must be very angry at you to do such thing? or he/she is sick to do such thing? (elaborate please if you don't mind?)

Thanks.

KeithD
17th May 2009, 01:52
I solved the problem....I don't have an account!

You should change your password on all your main accounts (mail, bank, etc) every month.

nigel
17th May 2009, 08:40
I once recieved an email via ebay...this was BEFORE I'd even opened an ebay account!:yikes: The email was from an ebayer in China!:yikes: It said "I still wait for my phone and you say there is delay if I don't get my phone this week I go to police!":yikes:

Since I didn't even have an ebay account at that time I figured someone must have set up an account using MY email address!:cwm23: I reported it to ebay right away.

Pepe n Pilar
17th May 2009, 10:39
So if a message can be copied and pasted and will appear that if is a chat log happened, then anyone could be in danger!:omg:

So that means a person who knows how to do this can just pick names he/she wanted? then pick a name she never chatted with.... what's the purpose of doing that?:Erm::omg:

Hmmm there must be a reason behind it....:rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
17th May 2009, 10:42
I am confussed with this....you mean Kimmi...the friends you're chatting with...they thought its you...then at the end, its not you...is it? :Erm::cwm34:

charlwill
17th May 2009, 11:38
I am confussed with this....you mean Kimmi...the friends you're chatting with...they thought its you...then at the end, its not you...is it? :Erm::cwm34:
There are some people out there who wanted to use the identity of another person. They pretended to be one of your friend, but they're not. So be very careful.

Mrs.JMajor
17th May 2009, 11:55
There are some people out there who wanted to use the identity of another person. They pretended to be one of your friend, but they're not. So be very careful.
Hi Char, Eh we can notice ,isnt it? if she is our friend or not....if she mention our known friends ,facts...but if she/he keep replying like stupid,ignorant,we can obviously find out and say...."hey whats going on you?" so we will notice she must be stranger,
Especially if we used to chat to her/him for long.....IMO :)

KeithD
17th May 2009, 12:44
Everyone pretends to be my friend :angry:

Sophie
17th May 2009, 12:46
Everyone pretends to be my friend :angry:

of course, you're the boss :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

Florge
17th May 2009, 12:53
It had happened to me. My old YM got hacked.the hacker chatted with me and asked me if I turn on the webcam and dance nude, he'll give me back my email... It was tempting (LOL) but I was in the office when it happened... LOL

Anyway, he/she/it got that email address.. and he/she/it is not chatting with my friends on that old YM and also hacking their addresses... 2 of my friends had been victims.. I need to call all the people in my YM list and ask them to delete my old ym..

The only important emails I had in that old YM are the emails between me and bf.. good thing my bf saved all of it...

I know how you feel Kimmi.... one tip to everyone though.. use alpha-numeric passwords so that it's harder to crack...

Florge
17th May 2009, 13:10
Hi Char, Eh we can notice ,isnt it? if she is our friend or not....if she mention our known friends ,facts...but if she/he keep replying like stupid,ignorant,we can obviously find out and say...."hey whats going on you?" so we will notice she must be stranger,

Well, in my case.. the hacker apparently read my emails so he/she/it knows a lot about me... so when he/she/it chatted with my friends via YM, they didn't suspect that it wasn't me... the good thing about it was, I informed all my friends right after my YM got hacked... those 2 friends of mine who were victimized forgot that I already changed my YM... :NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
17th May 2009, 13:45
ei, florge in your FB account you still have your old YM id...

somebody
17th May 2009, 13:56
So if a message can be copied and pasted and will appear that if is a chat log happened, then anyone could be in danger!:omg:

So that means a person who knows how to do this can just pick names he/she wanted? then pick a name she never chatted with.... what's the purpose of doing that?:Erm::omg:

Hmmm there must be a reason behind it....:rolleyes:

No i guess i just need to know your Email address used for your IM then i just suss out your password.

Which can be done either by social engineering (ie from sussing out info about you or even somehow getting the password from you)
That or just using a program to go though all the combinations.

You could (with out looking into it) simply sniff the data sent from your yahho messagner or emaill account to yahoo.

I could simply with some password operated applications use the forgotten password function of course some will send to your email account others may allow access another way.

Used a shared pc and not logging out and clearing temp folders etc. Plenty of examples on here of people finding them chatting to people in internet cafes because the person they spoke to didn't log out correctly.

There are plenty of other ways of finding out passwords, i know of including due to not using https and only http and im sure ones i dont know off.

People leave notes around the computer (or on it which could be found by a hacker/rogue application)

People use so simple passwords (Even password!) or the default password.

People use passwords which are easy to guess if you know the person. Loved ones, area they from, intrest, football teams etc.

Anyways I hope it all gets sorted for you Kimmi:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
17th May 2009, 17:43

ta Tawi, aye I dont think tourettes will be a good idea..:doh

I dont know how it happened sis Iye, it's just that I am thankful for that person who told me that somebody's stolen my identity in Yahoo..:doh:bigcry::Brick:

So, sorry to hear about this Kimmi. Hope you can hear from Yahoo very soon.

ta Ate Charl :)

Don't be Mrs.JMajor, my REAL FRIENDS will know if it's me they are talking to..

I know how you feel Kimmi.... one tip to everyone though.. use alpha-numeric passwords so that it's harder to crack...

ta Florge, I'll keep that in mind..

joebloggs
17th May 2009, 18:01

do you chat to your friends in tag or english?, i would have thought if you normally chat in tag, then why would they chat in english ??

Mrs.JMajor
17th May 2009, 18:54
do you chat to your friends in tag or english?, i would have thought if you normally chat in tag, then why would they chat in english ??

Fair enough,and filipina speak tag-lish in chat...so......it must be:Erm:...:cwm34:

Mrs.JMajor
17th May 2009, 18:57
Don't be Mrs.JMajor, my REAL FRIENDS will know if it's me they are talking to..

Then....couldnt be a problem then....

future=dreams
17th May 2009, 19:39
Are you sure its not a virus using your yahoo to send out links to infect the computer of others.

Tiggers0608
17th May 2009, 19:40
:Erm:

Hi sis , what happened? how did they know your password? hackers??? ingatz na lang sis , talk to you soon. :Erm: hopefully it's still you that send me a message b4 :D take care. i'll be out in a month soon lol

bornatbirth
17th May 2009, 19:47
you mean someone hacked your yahoo IM and pretended to be you and chatted to others?.........:Erm:

simple get a new account! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and no one chat on the old account,unless its the gremlins and your all doomed! :omg:

KeithD
18th May 2009, 02:59
I use my account to pretend to be someone else!

kimmi
18th May 2009, 11:30
I use my account to pretend to be someone else!

to earn votes and sympathy this coming election?:Erm::Erm::rolleyes::doh:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
18th May 2009, 12:35
how do you know that someone stole your yahoo addy?

if they saved the yahoo archive,maybe you could to ask for the chat logs to see what they have been saying as you? just being nosy :rolleyes:

have you deleted the yahoo account and got a new one yet! :xxgrinning--00xx3: