PDA

View Full Version : Student visa for my Girl????

Fitzy
18th May 2009, 07:21
Hi everybody.

Am racking my brains at the moment, as to which kind of Student visa to get for my girl.
The reason we want a student visa is so that she can keep busy here, learn something, and see how she likes life in the UK, although london is pretty smelly, lol
Alot of Filipinas work in the care industry for obvious reasons(compliment to you all) Lol

At the moment, I am researching with regards to how best to go about this, and am looking for your opinions on this????
Also, I am searching for colleges in which to send her too, once she gets her visa.
Luckily, I am familiar with the visa application process, as I did it all before with my Peruvian ex wife to be.
Ohhh well, third time lucky as they say, lol

Cheers.

Philip .........

darren-b
18th May 2009, 07:50
You might want to read the current process for obtaining a student visa as it changed on the 31st March.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/

I believe now you have to be formally accepted by a college before you can apply for a visa.

Fitzy
18th May 2009, 09:35
You might want to read the current process for obtaining a student visa as it changed on the 31st March.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/

I believe now you have to be formally accepted by a college before you can apply for a visa.

Indeed darren. I read it last week.
So it should be in my opinion!
Too many ppl abusing the system.
I might as well just get a Fiancee visa, and cut out all the crap.
At least is more easy to get for sure:)

I have a little buisness at home with the radio stuff.
She can help with that, and send money home to her Mum:cwm12:

trader dave
18th May 2009, 14:56
i think i can see your point your in a new relationship and it would be nice to get your girl to the uk [as a visitor] as you said to see if she likes it and realy to see how you 2 get on ? :xxgrinning--00xx3: its a great idea thats what i wanted to do with my gf but after apply 3 times for visitors visas :furious3::Brick:and being told by the cosol that we are just wasting our money i gave up :doh:doh

we get married this june 8 i leave this friday
and we go the visa route ---- coming to the uk as a visitor now days ia hard work because of the abuse of our soft rules before:Erm:

darren-b
18th May 2009, 18:26
Indeed darren. I read it last week.
So it should be in my opinion!
Too many ppl abusing the system.
I might as well just get a Fiancee visa, and cut out all the crap.
At least is more easy to get for sure:)

I have a little buisness at home with the radio stuff.
She can help with that, and send money home to her Mum:cwm12:

Just wondered if you read the new rules as it seems to be harder now to get a student visa (ie in terms of what course is acceptable, and what funds you need).

Fiancee is probably easier, though make sure you don't mention when applying about working before you get married (paid or unpaid..).

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 20:47
Thank you guys.
What a great forum this is.
I have already decided on a Fiancee Visa for her, and as you say, don't mention work!!

I must remember to donate again:D

All the best.

Philip...