PDA

View Full Version : organ donors?

bornatbirth
19th May 2009, 15:04
im got the forms to register at the local doctors,while we were filling them out we saw on the back about being an organ donors.

so i asked my wife do you want to be one? she said she only wants to give to her own family but they may not need any?

so she looked at the organs to donate,i said to her you do know you only donate after you die! :Erm:

my wife thought she will donate when shes still alive! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i guess we all have funny moments like this?

Florge
19th May 2009, 15:25
well, she is somehow right.. as some organs can be donated even if you're still alive... you don't have to wait till you die to save a life... kidney,a part of your liver, a part of your lungs, bone marrow and of course, your skin.. are some of the organs that you can donate while alive.

KeithD
20th May 2009, 01:29
When you die, no organs are left after the Filipina's have eaten :omg:

Florge
20th May 2009, 06:30
When you die, no organs are left after the Filipina's have eaten :omg:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: we're not vampires... not at all times :rolleyes:

Jay&Zobel
20th May 2009, 13:01
When I signed up for an advantage/privilege card in BOOTS, I ticked the box where I can be an organ donor!
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Now it shows on the card, my name on it and a logo of NHS:

bornatbirth
20th May 2009, 14:45
you are aware being a uk donor they will only take ur organs when you die?

both my me and my wife signed up too lets hope we never donate! :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Alan
20th May 2009, 14:55
My dad has a Lowrey for sale.

Al.:)

Florge
20th May 2009, 15:39

both my me and my wife signed up too lets hope we never donate! :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

ohhh... okay.. didn't know that... so that means, if a family member needs a kidney or a bone marrow, they'll look for donors elsewhere and not from family members first who are most likely a match?

:Erm:

Jay&Zobel
20th May 2009, 16:28
When I signed up for an advantage/privilege card in BOOTS, I ticked the box where I can be an organ donor!
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Now it shows on the card, my name on it and a logo of NHS:

I am very aware of that! Better to use all my functioning/healthy organs when I die...

ohhh... okay.. didn't know that... so that means, if a family member needs a kidney or a bone marrow, they'll look for donors elsewhere and not from family members first who are most likely a match?
:Erm:

Florge check this out: FAQ: :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/questions/questions.jsp

Florge
20th May 2009, 16:56
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/questions/questions.jsp[/QUOTE]

ah! so, you can still donate even if you're still alive... got confused when I was told that a UK donor can only donate when you die... although the purpose of the NHS organ donor card is to allow for organ donation when you die...

I know.. I know.. I have confused myself... LOL... :doh:doh:doh

Thanks for the link Zobel.

Jay&Zobel
20th May 2009, 17:08
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/questions/questions.jsp[/QUOTE]

ah! so, you can still donate even if you're still alive... got confused when I was told that a UK donor can only donate when you die... although the purpose of the NHS organ donor card is to allow for organ donation when you die...

I know.. I know.. I have confused myself... LOL... :doh:doh:doh

Thanks for the link Zobel.

TUMPAK ka dyan!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: