PDA

View Full Version : Genealogy.. Genetics?? family tree??

eagles
19th May 2009, 16:37
i had a nice talk with people while working and we get to talk about WHO ARE/ WERE OUR RELATIVES BY BLOOD??? for pinays and english alike.. after hearing those. We began to ponder???

Well, my mother told me she is a bicolana and my father told me his ancestor came from siquijor. Those were strange places to me, nor I had a chance to meet all of my relatives? HAVE YOU FELT THE SAME when we talk about from we were not simply being born to this place:Erm:

Tawi2
19th May 2009, 16:41
Siquijor eagles?Which part,do you know?Whats the family name? :Erm:I remember in Larena they were all Samsons and Larots :Erm:

Tawi2
19th May 2009, 16:41
My lineage is scattered,scottish,english,a bit of italian :Erm:

eagles
19th May 2009, 16:59
particularly at this very moment i don't exactly know the town where my father's family come from.. i will ask him tomorrow.. I heard my Lola said its from maria town:doh Well, so much to research for my Filipino lineage...But the point is .. have we thought about it???

Tawi2
19th May 2009, 17:04
Maria is over by Lazi on the east coast,its a pretty little town :xxgrinning--00xx3: In answer to your question I have never once thought about my ancestry,time moves on,its the present and the future that have always been my focus :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
19th May 2009, 17:38
Well, my mother told me she is a bicolana.
Those were strange places to me, nor I had a chance to meet all of my relatives? :Erm:

As far as I know we have three Bicolana forumers here! I'm one of them... :xxgrinning--00xx3: Maybe we are related? hehehe:D

Bicol is a very lovely place:xxgrinning--00xx3:

eagles
19th May 2009, 17:41
As far as I know we have three Bicolana forumers here! I'm one of them... Maybe we are related? hehehe

Bicol is a very lovely plac

Great! My mother's family are from Catanduanes ( small island frequently hit by typhoon )..

trader dave
20th May 2009, 16:22
i have traced mine back to 1700 but i was trying to get some information about the fiancee's family in the philippines :doh but its a no brainer --i wont tell the full story but she was orfaned at 2 months old bought up my an uncle who actualy is not even a relative, her birth had not even been registered before her parents where killed so her uncle is on her birth cert as her father --ffs :doh so her name is not actualy her real fathers name :Erm::Erm: i am glad things are a little more straight forward in the uk :cwm34::NoNo:

bornatbirth
20th May 2009, 17:09
i traced mine back to king kong?

Arthur Little
20th May 2009, 17:24
i traced mine back to king kong?

... and here was me thinking you were a descendant of McDonald Duck! Quack, quack. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

eagles
20th May 2009, 22:00
.. and here was me thinking you were a descendant of Donald Duck! Quack, quack. :omg::yikes::omg::omg:

Troubadour
21st May 2009, 05:49
I have traced my family back quite a long way - Some left Scotland, wound up in Stoke; another lot left Wales and Wound up in Stoke. Talk about "Out of the frying pan"

Another lot were in Kent as the Romans arrived - yes I have documentary evidence, they married into the Norman families that came across with Billy Conker in 1066.

One branch went to Virginia in late 1500's - yes, I have documents, - one returned to England in early 1600's.

Many others were simply "ag lab" as the census returns call them - agricultural labourer - Peasants

It is good to check the past - you can shatter cherished illusions about yourself. I always asumed my main male line was standard Anglo-Saxon/Norman invaders from about 500AD to 1066, but I had my DNA tested and it seems I am of a rare DNA type - Well, uncommon, that can be traced to UK from about 6000BC at least.

It seems I am not a conquerer at all - lol - Everyone who invaded - Dalriatic Scots, Saxons, Angles, Danes, Jutes, Vikings, Normans - they all conquered me...

Never mind - I am till here

I am trying to get my wife interested so I can trace her family as far as possible. I think maybe if families can learn who was at EDSA, or who stood with Rizal and Bonifacio, it might give them a more positive attitude to them selves.

Nearly all the Philippine History books I have seen don't really start until the Spanish arrived.

I encourage everyone to look back over their family history - looking back has helped me find who I am and is helping me look forward with greater determination.

Also, because my Philippine family is far removed from UK I want to leave them some idea of the missing half of my childrens background